What's the closest GNR have come to making a metal song?

Towelie

I would say Shacklers Revenge which, to me, sounds like something Static X might do. Certainly a far cry from the dirty bluesy rock synonymous with the bands signature sound. Shacklers certainly has all the elements of a metal track.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right next door to hell , Reckless life, Nice Boys, One in a million sounds like a slow song from a heavy metal band, garden of eden, would be what a recommend to a fan of metal if he wants 2 hear the heavy songs from gnr

I'd call You're Crazy, Right Next Door to Hell, Perfect Crime, Garden of Eden (all speed metal) , Coma (traditional metal) , Shackler's, OMG and Riad (industrial metal) metal songs.

But they aren't a metal band either.

And nfw is YCBM metal. Those riffs are defintely hard rock.

Izzy does NOT do metal songs. Perfect Crime, RNDTH, YCBM, YC are punky rock n' rollers. Heavy? yes, but not heavy metal!!

The closest thing Guns N' Roses came to metal was Coma which has a Sabbath style riff. Chinese Democracy however has many nu-metal songs.

Never considered to be a metal band really. But i think You Could Be Mine and Sweet Child are close to, if not metal. Or at least what was considered as metal back then. And to a lesser extent, Jungle and Nightrain.