Should there be a Miser section?

Cosmo

I mean... just to clean up the normal sections. There we can discuss his ever-changing opinions on bands, movies, life, etc... We could talk about his bowel movement, his sex life, his private parts, you know... stuff he likes to share with us. Maybe that way people that are interested in Miser's amazing life will check it out, people that aren't will just ignore the section.

I mean... just to clean up the normal sections. There we can discuss his ever-changing opinions on bands, movies, life, etc... We could talk about his bowel movement, his sex life, his private parts, you know... stuff he likes to share with us. Maybe that way people that are interested in Miser's amazing life will check it out, people that aren't will just ignore the section.

I agree. So far today he's started 25 threads, 24 of them since just before 2 PM. I'd be curious to hear what the bounce rate is when that sort of thing is happening. Unfortunately one thing that can't be quantified is the number of people who stay away from AG because they're so turned off by the flooding, I have a hard time understanding how it could be good for business. So yeah, a separate section would be great.

if nothing is done about this i'm literally going to start 25 threads tomorrow about the most mundane things imaginable

No you won't...

I'm betting he would.

No, giving him his own sub forum is a bad idea. It's just encouraging bad behavior. His absurd and obvious attempts at spam should be addressed by the mods.

if nothing is done about this i'm literally going to start 25 threads tomorrow about the most mundane things imaginable

This. If everyone behaved like Miser, this forum would be impossible.

But they don't, so that's a non issue. The people who complain the most are people who rarely if ever start new threads. If we had to count on them for activity, this place would die a quick death. If everyone else's lives are so fantabulous, feel free to discuss. Seriously, who CARES who started a topic? If 25 different members started the same exact threads, no one would be bitching I assume? Seems ridiculous this is something that bothers people who are here voluntarily but act like it's such a fuckin bothersome chore.

But they don't, so that's a non issue. The people who complain the most are people who rarely if ever start new threads. If we had to count on them for activity, this place would die a quick death. If everyone else's lives are so fantabulous, feel free to discuss. Seriously, who CARES who started a topic? If 25 different members started the same exact threads, no one would be bitching I assume? Seems ridiculous this is something that bothers people who are here voluntarily but act like it's such a fuckin bothersome chore.

I know I'm not one of the people to whom you are referring as I rarely complain and I probably average about 5-7 newly created threads a week, but I disagree with most of what you have said.

First, I completely agree that more people should be starting threads. Maybe they have legit reasons for not doing so, or maybe they don't. Either way, you're right.

Second, I sincerely hope you aren't saying that without Miser "this place would die a quick death". On the contrary, if he were to disappear for a period of time I believe others would gravitate back to an increased level of involvement. Excluding the mods and admin, the future of this place does not hinge on any one member.

Third, did you fuckin see with your own eyes what happened yesterday? Well, I did. I saw a couple members baiting Miser and goading him on with comparisons to Gacy. They undoubtedly provoked him into a hissy fit which became the impetus for his flooding AG with mostly repetitive, disgusting and nonsensical threads. Many of the threads were created just 2 minutes apart and clearly reflected no thought or effort, his goal was to pump out as many threads as possible as fast as possible. That's one of the things people do when they want to disrupt a board. It was painfully obvious to those paying attention that his intention was retaliation at his perceived detractors with zero regard for how detrimental his actions were to the forum.

And yes, it is a total pain in the ass to have threads that interest you get pushed back to the second or third page in less than a couple hours because somebody decided to flood the board. It is a major turnoff, it is a major disruption, it is a good reason for people to just say "Fuck it" and not even bother with the forum anymore for a period of time if not forever.

My guess - again, just a guess - is one of the admins has since spoken to him about it so it probably won't happen again in the near future. Still, I think a separate section for him would be a good idea. That way he could post whatever the hell he wants and as much as he wants and nobody can complain about it because they made the decision to enter his subforum. It would be a win/win for all concerned. That's how we got the Attitude subforum, right?

I know I'm not one of the people to whom you are referring as I rarely complain and I probably average about 5-7 newly created threads a week, but I disagree with most of what you have said.

First, I completely agree that more people should be starting threads. Maybe they have legit reasons for not doing so, or maybe they don't. Either way, you're right.

Second, I sincerely hope you aren't saying that without Miser "this place would die a quick death". On the contrary, if he were to disappear for a period of time I believe others would gravitate back to an increased level of involvement. Excluding the mods and admin, the future of this place does not hinge on any one member.

Third, did you fuckin see with your own eyes what happened yesterday? Well, I did. I saw a couple members baiting Miser and goading him on with comparisons to Gacy. They undoubtedly provoked him into a hissy fit which became the impetus for his flooding AG with mostly repetitive, disgusting and nonsensical threads. Many of the threads were created just 2 minutes apart and clearly reflected no thought or effort, his goal was to pump out as many threads as possible as fast as possible. That's one of the things people do when they want to disrupt a board. It was painfully obvious to those paying attention that his intention was retaliation at his perceived detractors with zero regard for how detrimental his actions were to the forum.

And yes, it is a total pain in the ass to have threads that interest you get pushed back to the second or third page in less than a couple hours because somebody decided to flood the board. It is a major turnoff, it is a major disruption, it is a good reason for people to just say "Fuck it" and not even bother with the forum anymore for a period of time if not forever.

My guess - again, just a guess - is one of the admins has since spoken to him about it so it probably won't happen again in the near future. Still, I think a separate section for him would be a good idea. That way he could post whatever the hell he wants and as much as he wants and nobody can complain about it because they made the decision to enter his subforum. It would be a win/win for all concerned. That's how we got the Attitude subforum, right?

^ Wut he said

This thread sucks. I get that people are frustrated with all his topics - and I agree that he (re)posts way too many threads on a seemingly daily basis - but c'mon, is this really the best way to go about it?

We've spoken to Miser before about his posting activity here, and if it's getting out of hand I'm sure we'll be able to reign it back in a bit again. We're not creating a whole subforum just for Miser, and I think creating a rule in terms of how many new topics can be created per week is going down a bad road, setting an uneasy precedent and a lot of the people complaining about him in here seem to be the kind who are the first to yell 'censorship' when action is taken on certain material/behavior. It'd probably be better if all of you just ignored the topics you didn't like, including Miser's. I'm just not comfortable with telling someone "you can't post [x] content."

That said, I agree with a lot of the opinions here in terms of, it's fucking annoying seeing a million repetitive threads in Anything Goes, and I'm going to speak with Miser again and see if he'd be willing to exercise a little more self-control in this regard.

For now, I'm locking this thread because it's not really going anywhere constructive and I'm not trying to have this turn into a 'let's dump on Miser' topic. Cheers.