Exile on Main Street vs. Physical Graffiti

Vincent Vega

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rgardless of the punk rock sidetrack...

The bottom line about Exile and Physical Graffiti, any record collection (worth it's stones), back in the day, contained both albums.

It was simply a matter of self respect, someone came over and started flipping through your albums, you had those two on tap.

Rgardless of the punk rock sidetrack...

The bottom line about Exile and Physical Graffiti, any record collection (worth it's stones), back in the day, contained both albums.

It was simply a matter of self respect, someone came over and started flipping through your albums, you had those two on tap.

I mean, how can you not get pumped when this intro comes on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSd3yys69AE

As are PiL...and hey, before The Clash split

They were playing Shea Stadium...in fact it was that reason that they broke up, some of that integrity i was talking about earlier, its not that punk bands couldn't pull those audiences, they just didnt want to, mass appeal was not the order of the day, integrity and being true to oneself was. The same reason The Pistols first American tour played places like Tulsa and San Antonio and not NYC and LA and all the big major label prompted stops...and they were signed to Warner Bros and were the big thing of the day, its called having a point and a purpose.

The Clash = Not for Sale as the famous banner went..God i love those bastards..

Not for Sale, makes me smile :)

The Police decided to break up at Shea Stadium around that same time. Their supporting acts were Joan Jett and some band called REM on the bottom of the bill.

I think some of it had a lot to do with The Beatles playing there.

For The Clash, I think their time to call it a day was US Festival.

The Beatles decided to stop playing live after playing Shea stadium cos they couldn't hear themselves, that place must be cursed.

Gotta get me some more Clash. I only have a dodgy singles collection that I don't think is mixed that well.

Edited by machinegunner