Blind Melon: Self-Titled VS Soup

drtydane

Guest Len B'stard

Yeah see i've since seen all that stuff and it looks clear but you gotta remember i was about 12 years old at the time and i'd never had MTV or any of that, only place i read about music was in magazines and even then i used to often avoid the articles and just check out the album reviews and stuff so from my perspective he was this fresh faced kid and then one say, boom, he's dead.

I would have previously said Soup, but at this moment in time I slightly prefer the self-titled. Earlier this month the band released a 20th anniversary edition of the album, which includes tracks from the Sippin' Time Sessions.

Self Titled for me, crackin' album, love it :) I remember when Shannon Hoon died too, didn't see that one comin'.

You're joking... How could you not see it coming? See any of those 95 shows? Some were televised. He already looked dead..
That's true. Shannon looked like that in this performance a month before his death.

I would have previously said Soup, but at this moment in time I slightly prefer the self-titled. Earlier this month the band released a 20th anniversary edition of the album, which includes tracks from the Sippin' Time Sessions.

Ya got it two weekends ago at record store day at bull moose. John densmore was there promoting his new book. Pretty cool. Didn't have all the songs from the session I don't think. Candy says etc weren't on it..

Edit: nvm I think candy says was recorded as part of the soup sessions.

Edited by drtydane