Dj, Dizzy In The Studio Yesterday

axlslash

God DJ sucks.

Previous lineups I'd be happy to see such photos, or hear ppl are in the studio without Axl, working on stuff without the so called 'dictator'... I'd be keen to hear what comes out and what Axl throws on top of it.

BUT

DJ is the last person I want in a studio writing for GnR. This current lineup is the only lineup I'd be keen for Axl to dictate too. DJ isn't need imo, whilst Bumble could keep ppl grounded and add some insane guitar...the writing imo should be left to Axl, Fortus, & Stinson...plus any outside influence from non members.

Dizzy is average, whilst DJ lives on a cloud bouncing around pretending to be a rock musican with pedgree.....seems like a teenager who is still trying to figure out who the fuck he/she is......it's odd.

I love the riffs and solos DJ has contributed to SixxAM, as well as his Ballad of Death solo spot.

So I'd be curious to see what he'd bring to GN'R.

I think his style is much better suited to Axl, than Bumblefoots quirky songwriting.

Yeah, suppose one shouldn't judge until there is something to judge.

From what I've witnessed so far is DJ is good a replicating Slash (but there are heaps of folk who can do this, so it's not really a sign of talent/style), and this doesn't really let him show himself through his art. Ppl dislikes Robin, but at least his style managed to push through the solos & guitar playing we all fell in love with originally, for better or worse. He;d probably work well sleazing up songs, or providing solos on certain numbers, from what I've heard of him outside of GnR (if he played a part in the writing of said material, i'm assuming he did) then his song writing is pretty cheesy.

DJ tries too hard.

DJ is so tough. The way he flips that bird is so badass.

Lol'd :)

DJ's the ultimate bad ass Slash impersonator and Axl loves him for that. Besides looking a bit like a walking cliché I actually like DJ's playing style and believe he fits perfectly Axl's nuGn'R vision - so kudos to him. Mr. Dizzy 'Reeeeeeed' is a talented keyboard player also very important for Axl's musical vision. So it can only be a good sign if those guys are at the studio...

Don't know why so many folks take the piss out of Dizzy's songwriting. He was co-writer on some of the best tracks from Chi Dem.

Certain people like to discredit Dizzy as if he isn't a part of old GNR. It's crazy...

DJ's the ultimate bad ass Slash impersonator and Axl loves him for that. Besides looking a bit like a walking cliché I actually like DJ's playing style and believe he fits perfectly Axl's nuGn'R vision - so kudos to him. Mr. Dizzy 'Reeeeeeed' is a talented keyboard player also very important for Axl's musical vision. So it can only be a good sign if those guys are at the studio...

This..hes a retro look rocker. Now if this is genuinely a Guns and Roses effort and not a "solo" effort to record ..Good!!...long overdue! Heres where they can either: A: continue being a coverband for Axl or B:stand out on thier own merit and earn the right to be GNR2020

The clamour for new GNR music grew louder and clearer the day Chinese Democracy was released to the masses.

Is it possible that they heard the fans and are honoring the requests?? Maybe a new song for the 25th leg of the Chinese Democracy tour?

Edited by rockerman

This board is populated almost exclusively by total bell ends who hate the band.

I don't get why you would bother. Why not change the name of the board to "GnR suck balls.."

If they are in the studio maybe there could be some truth in the new music rumours as a fan that's all I care about...

If you have a problem with how Ashba dresses or how Axl looks older or any of the irrelevant shit that's not concerts or new music then you are a dick.

Luckily, you are not in charge of what people can or cannot post.

You are also not in charge of deciding who is or isn't a real fan.

If you don't like a forum that actually allows open discussions about the band, then maybe you should hang out on the forums that only allow Axl worship 24/7. Seems like you might be happier there.

As for your last comment........unfortunately, Axl has only put out one album of new material in the last 20 years. And while they are still touring the old classic songs semi-regularly, we can only chat so much about concerts that we didn't actually attend. Especially when they are playing the same old songs every show and never add any new original material.

So stop trying to dictate to people what they can and can't post about..........and just join the conversation. And stop insulting people you disagree with, it just makes you look childish.

This board is populated almost exclusively by total bell ends who hate the band.

I don't get why you would bother. Why not change the name of the board to "GnR suck balls.."

If they are in the studio maybe there could be some truth in the new music rumours as a fan that's all I care about...

If you have a problem with how Ashba dresses or how Axl looks older or any of the irrelevant shit that's not concerts or new music then you are a dick.

I hear ya!I I wish something would be done about the cupcakes.....

Edited by volcano62

Awesome!!! Finally a sign of actual studio work being done. This is good news, and I'm actually looking forward to new and recent material rather than 13 year old material from a 'Nu Metal Limp bizkit Korn family meets papa Marylin Manson & mama Elton Johns hurt love NIN baby' era. I love CD as a hardcore GNR fan, but it is too far away from reality and from what Guns N Roses actually should be in order to be relevant. Bring it back to the wicked fun & controversial good times of 'take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty' and 'Welcome to the Jungle, we got fun and game' lines with an occasional love song. If I want to experience feeling depressed, hurt, and sad I'll register at HTGTH instead.

Luckily, you are not in charge of what people can or cannot post.

You are also not in charge of deciding who is or isn't a real fan.

9If you don't like a forum that actually allows open discussions about the band, then maybe you should hang out on the forums that only allow Axl worship 24/7. Seems like you might be happier there.

As for your last comment........unfortunately, Axl has only put out one album of new material in the last 20 years. And while they are still touring the old classic songs semi-regularly, we can only chat so much about concerts that we didn't actually attend. Especially when they are playing the same old songs every show and never add any new original material.

So stop trying to dictate to people what they can and can't post about..........and just join the conversation. And stop insulting people you disagree with, it just makes you look childish.

OK there is a difference between a board only allowing positive comments and MYGNR. This board for some reason seems to have attracted people who have a negative view of GnR. My point is not why are you discussing non-music issues, but Why are they so many comments and threads entitled "Is Axl the biggest knobhead in history".

I struggle to understand the psychology of someone taking the time to register for a fan site solely to then post negative nonsense about them.

90% of the threads and comments on here are by people who hate the band.. What's the fucking matter with you? Go find another hobby... take up fishing or crochet.

I wish I was around when you were all praising Finck's look. NOT! :D

5222569602_3b2fb83d98_z.jpg

Let me tell you something... with Fink and his cat in the hat sox to the left...Tommy and his checkered pants center..Axl in his ghetto hip hop get up and The Bucket head thing...you couldnt help but laugh your ass off at the whole specticle....it was laughable to see Robin strike a Slash pose and try to pull of a riff...just plain FAIL!

But why does he want to?

Why do you drink your most favourite drink? Because you like it, right? So he uses make up because he likes it, and he likes it because is his taste, and you drink that because is your taste.