Does anybody else prefer 90's hip hop to grunge?

Randy Lahey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midlife crisis is one of my fav fnm tunes. That and everything's ruined are my fav off angel dust..

No love for Jizzlobber and Smaller and Smaller? Whats this world coming to?! Oh well, as long as no one's singing the praises of Crack Hitler :)
I was feeling highly irritable

Kanye is the Axl Rose of Hair Rap.

I prefer 90's hip hop to all other hip hop, that's about it

I get that grunge was "the last great rock movement" in the public spotlight but fuck me sideways it drives me crazy to see people act like it was the last decent step forward under the guitar/bass/drum/vocal rock umbrella. Post hardcore, emo, indie folk, punk, and progressive bands have been kicking ass in the underground for the last 15 years, making music far more innovative than what we call grunge. Rock music hasn't been as far from "death" as it is now, it just sucks in the mainstream, but really when hasn't it?

Edited by sweetness

Midlife crisis is one of my fav fnm tunes. That and everything's ruined are my fav off angel dust..

No love for Jizzlobber and Smaller and Smaller? Whats this world coming to?! Oh well, as long as no one's singing the praises of Crack Hitler :)
I was feeling highly irritable

Kanye is the Axl Rose of Hair Rap.

Early Eminem was AFD and LIES era Axl and Kanye is UYI era Axl. Kim Mathers is Erin Everly and Kim Kardashian is Stephanie Seymour.

Edited by Randy Lahey