Dj ASHBA: one of the 21st centuries most talented and celebrated musical personalities

Coma16

Bumblefoot>Dj

Richard>Dj

Axl playing guitar>Dj

Every GnR member ever>Dj

A cat scratching a chalk board>Dj

So I take you haven't seen the band live (post 2009)?
I've seen them twice. Even that shitdick Bumblefoot belongs better than Ashba. That tool doesn't even deserve to be in Sixx A.M.
Interesting. The 2 shows that I've seen him at he had the majority crowd eating out of the palm if his hand.
Doesn't mean he's an incredibly talented guitar player.

“I am drawn to composers more so than musicians. I appreciate people like Beethoven, Danny Elfman, and John Williams.”

Yes, and I am more drawn to poets than novelists. I appreciate people like T.S. Eliot, E.E. Cummings, and Edgar Allen Poe. I have proven that sentiment and my credibility in doing so by naming three of the most commonly known poets in poetry.

Bumblefoot>Dj

Richard>Dj

Axl playing guitar>Dj

Every GnR member ever>Dj

A cat scratching a chalk board>Dj

So I take you haven't seen the band live (post 2009)?
I've seen them twice. Even that shitdick Bumblefoot belongs better than Ashba. That tool doesn't even deserve to be in Sixx A.M.
Interesting. The 2 shows that I've seen him at he had the majority crowd eating out of the palm if his hand.
Doesn't mean he's an incredibly talented guitar player.
agreed.

I saw yesterday a youtube comment from an ASHBA fan:

"I like his looks, but i got to admit: he is a pretty talentless guitar player"

Even his fans like him, because his swag or his laughale make-up.

Nobody with a half brain likes him because of his guitar skills

“I am drawn to composers more so than musicians. I appreciate people like Beethoven, Danny Elfman, and John Williams.”

Yes, and I am more drawn to poets than novelists. I appreciate people like T.S. Eliot, E.E. Cummings, and Edgar Allen Poe. I have proven that sentiment and my credibility in doing so by naming three of the most commonly known poets in poetry.

hahahah dude I'm bursting out laughing at my desk ;)

What makes a good guitar player or better yet a good live guitar player and entertainer? For me it is about skill, emotion

(not only inside the performer, but something the audience can feel as well) and when it comes to music a kind of “becoming or living the music”.

DJ has all this, which is evident in the reactions of all the GNR audiences I have experienced. If someone likes GNR style music,

but does not like “Mi Amore” or the “Ballad of Death”, then I can only wonder why.

Wearing a mask and a bucket on stage is a bit too much for me, but using some eyeliner is no news. We are not talking about the IBM or Xerox clones here.

It is easy to be creative in your own living room and fill the drawers with all kinds of plans. To make those plans and dreams a reality

requires a lot of marketing and self-promotion. What he has accomplished is all his own work, not something he e.g. inherited.

Those above who are quite critical in general might like a band called Children of Bodom. Their guitar player has won several metal guitar player awards

and the songs are on purpose negative, dark and angry. Aleksi Laiho (lyrics and melodies) told in an interview that if he has difficulties in reaching that state of mind

he locks himself in a room with a lot of alcohol and stays there for several days until he becomes depressed enough for writing music for COB.

Btw, the first song he learned was SCOM (his mother’s favorite).

In Your Face:

Wearing a mask and a bucket on stage is a bit too much for me, but using some eyeliner is no news. We are not talking about the IBM or Xerox clones here.

Why is it too much for you? His playing is awesome, that's what matters. That's what separates him from average guys like DJ.

Why is it too much for you? His playing is awesome, that's what matters. That's what separates him from average guys like DJ.

Most of the complaints targeting Ashba has been about his hair, makeup, the way he dresses, his tags on facebook/twitter and even how his guitar looks.

But as soon as someone mentions the guy with a bucket on his head, it's all about the playing eh?

Most of the complaints targeting Ashba has been about his hair, makeup, the way he dresses, his tags on facebook/twitter and even how his guitar looks.

But as soon as someone mentions the guy with a bucket on his head, it's all about the playing eh?

To me it's all about the playing, yes. Yes, all of his fake persona bothers me a lot, but what makes Bucket one of the world's greatest guitarists is what makes DJ average - the guitar playing. I was pointing that out.