What's your favorite Quentin Tarantino film?

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been really into Kill Bill lately. Vol 1 & 2 were intended to be one film, but no one wants to sit in a theater for 4 and a half hours. I vote Kill Bill(1 and 2 combined) as of now with Pulp Fiction as a very close 2nd. Screenplay and music choice are amazing in Kill Bill.

normal_Kill_Bill_-_Bloody_Affair.jpg

A must own. Both films added as one.

Shame it will never be released though.

It's a bet tough question as my answers change all the time (almost like asking what is my fav GNR song from each album).

JB has a lot of great scenes but as a whole I find that it drags a bit. I haven't seen it in a while so maybe I'm due to seeing it again.

DP extended version I liked much more than the "grindhouse" version. But overall this might be my least favourite.

I love both KB volumes but usually fall asleep during them both.

PF is brilliant in so many ways.

RD is nothing short of amazing and is likely my fav. Who shot nice guy Eddie lol

IB is also a masterpiece.

Django I didn't think think would be as good as it was. I just think that it was a little too long. I'll have to watch a few more times to see how it ranks.

It's a bet tough question as my answers change all the time (almost like asking what is my fav GNR song from each album).

JB has a lot of great scenes but as a whole I find that it drags a bit. I haven't seen it in a while so maybe I'm due to seeing it again.

DP extended version I liked much more than the "grindhouse" version. But overall this might be my least favourite.

I love both KB volumes but usually fall asleep during them both.

PF is brilliant in so many ways.

RD is nothing short of amazing and is likely my fav. Who shot nice guy Eddie lol

IB is also a masterpiece.

Django I didn't think think would be as good as it was. I just think that it was a little too long. I'll have to watch a few more times to see how it ranks.

Never seen the extended version of Death Proof. Is it available on Blu Ray?

Guest NGOG

There seems to be a lot of criticisms of Django. Yes it drags, but don't all of Tarantino's flicks? What about the badass character of Django? The relatively unexplored brutality of black slavery and genocide in the US? The despicable sell-out portrayed by Sam Jackson? The fantastic music incorporated? Christopher fucking Waltz in all his epicness? And the absolutely glorious ending?

i like pulp fiction most. but I prefer From Dusk Till Daen overall. my least favorite is Django. But thats just because its his newest flick and i always need some time to feel it.

I also like Death Proof very much maybe because Im a fan of Kurt Russel and the way he acts in the movie ( glorious moment when he looks right into the camera before getting in the car)

i like pulp fiction most. but I prefer From Dusk Till Daen overall. my least favorite is Django. But thats just because its his newest flick and i always need some time to feel it.

I also like Death Proof very much maybe because Im a fan of Kurt Russel and the way he acts in the movie ( glorious moment when he looks right into the camera before getting in the car)

i thought death proof was pretty cool as well.

Django actually surprised me. I started watching it with low expectations because of the negative reviews I had heard before watching. It was great IMO.

A lot of the critics/media outlets were quick to criticize it because they didn't want to hear hooray for tolerance! every other sentence.

Django actually surprised me. I started watching it with low expectations because of the negative reviews I had heard before watching. It was great IMO.

A lot of the critics/media outlets were quick to criticize it because they didn't want to hear hooray for tolerance! every other sentence.

Really?

You think that's the only reason why it got bad reviews? :lol:

I can't believe all the love that Django is getting.

I agree Randy.

Really?

You think that's the only reason why it got bad reviews? :lol:

>I can't believe all the love that Django is getting.

I agree Randy.

I didn't say it's the only reason, but I read a handful of reviews that were completely fixated on how disgusting the language in the film was. I also read plenty of negative reviews that had legitimate reasons :shrugs:

It got bad reviews because it sucks. Tarantino is becoming a parody of himself. Christopher Waltz put in the same performace he did in Inglourious Basterds. Tarantino's cameo scene was lame, not funny and completely unnecessary. The only good part in the whole movie was when Leo brought out the skull and gave his little speech.

Edited by Randy Lahey

It got bad reviews because it sucks. Tarantino is becoming a parody of himself. Christopher Waltz put in the same performace he did in Inglourious Basterds. Tarantino's cameo scene was lame, not funny and completely unnecessary. The only good part in the whole movie was when Leo brought out the skull and gave his little speech.

Can't disagree there.

Guest NGOG

Tarantino's cameo scene was lame, not funny and completely unnecessary.

Are you really chiming in on that? It doesn't in any way compromise the overall quality of the movie. It's merely a staple of the Tarantino filmography that he has a cameo.

Anyway; I think a lot of critics lambasted the movie because of the level of honesty in depicting the barbarity of the white man.