If you're a fan of classic GnR,

TombRaider

Would you agree that the grudge between Axl and Slash is frustrating?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

would you agree that it is frustrating, to say the least, that an almost 20-year grudge is keeping one of the best bands in rock from getting back together?

I was listening to Iron Maiden in the afternoon and I couldn't help remembering the period of time when Bruce was not in the band. I like the X Factor very much and I haven't listened to Virtual XI in over 10 years or something like that. Back then, if you have ever read about Iron Maiden, a lot of things were said between Steve and Bruce that should have never been said. There was a lot of animosity and resentment between them until they put their differences aside and decided to get the band back together. Of course, the grudge between Steve and Bruce was nowhere near as deep as the issues keeping Axl and Slash from talking to each other.

I hope this thread does not turn into a thread attacking the nu band, because that is not my intention. I just wanna ask the fans of classic GnR if they feel it is extremely frustrating that a grudge, albeit a deep one, but just a grudge is keeping a reunion from becoming a reality.

You know, I wasn't there and I don't know all the facts. But I do know that almost 20 years is a very long time to hate someone. I don't know. Life is too short.

Any thoughts on this?

And yes, I know there's the new band and an album may be released next year, but still.

I know you can't force 2 people to be friends. But I don't think you need to be friends with anyone to be able to work with them. As far as I know, when Bruce came back, he didn't exactly become best friends with Steve, but they were able to find some common ground and work together, for the band and for the fans. But of course, they are totally different people.

It's just that, I don't know, I cannot imagine not talking to someone who was important in your life for such a long time. But that's just me.

Axl can't sing anymore, his voice is shit. Why would I want to hear him with Slash? Fuckin' no.

That said, it would be great just for the sake of it, if they just can make peace and shake hands. Those two guys gave us so much to remember, when real and original Guns N' Roses was around, a band which last performance was Argentina, 1993.

I personally miss real Guns. It's been 20 years. What a great fuckin' band! rock4

Frustrating? Not really. I've moved on from all of that years ago.

I think it's pathetic and totally immature. In short of killing one's mother or fucking the other's car and wrecking his woman, I don't see what can cause 2 people that shared a once in a lifetime experience to be so childish.

The two of them experienced something 99.999999999% of the world will never experience. Grow the fuck up.

it annoyed and frustrated the fuck out of me for years.. but now that i'm older i just learned to get over it and realise that no matter how many of us want it to happen the fact is Axl has made it so very very clear that he wants nothing to do with Slash and as sad as that may be we just have to accept it.. although i foolishly got my hopes up in the lead up to the rock hall when i thought axl and izzy would at the very least be there .. i mean just seeing them on the same stage together would have gave me goosebumps

Axl, even if he got over the Slash hate, would never reconcile.

At this point, if he did it would just ratchet up the pressure for a reunion, which is so logistically difficult, not to mention it would invalidate his efforts for the last 17 years and would essentially be considered a defeat.

He knows this, and I think that the feud with Slash keeps some sort of intrigue surrounding him, a reunion with Slash just leads to unfulfilled hope for a return to the good old days, which can never happen anyway, and singing next to Slash in his current state will do him no favors.

I think what I find frustrating is the fact that he dissolved the original band and has done so little with NuGuns to justify throwing it all away. I love Chinese Democracy and very much consider it to be a worthy GNR album, but one album in 20 years is beyond frustrating...