Terminator or Terminator 2?

Terminator or Terminator 2?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not even going to bother reading this thread, but come on, seriously? T1 does not hold up at all. Perhaps you like the story better, but the special effects are just terrible. The only thing T1 has going for it is Arnie's line, "I'll be back."

There were at least six or seven "holy shit" moments in T2; can't say I ever experience one of them in T1.

I'm not even going to bother reading this thread, but come on, seriously? T1 does not hold up at all. Perhaps you like the story better, but the special effects are just terrible. The only thing T1 has going for it is Arnie's line, "I'll be back."

There were at least six or seven "holy shit" moments in T2; can't say I ever experience one of them in T1.

T1 = No cheesy one liners. "HASTA LA VIESTA, BABY". No live action Bart Simpson. No goody two shoes Terminator who is all "kinder and gentler".

T1 is one man and woman facing off a literal, relentless killing machine. In T2, it's machine vs. machine. There's no sense of urgency.

Special effects don't make a movie. The tone, pacing, setting, story and characters do, and T1 is much more urgent, has a more intense feel, isn't just another big goofy Arnold summer action movie. And it's more original. T2 is basically a high budget remake of T1 with some tweaks.

Edited by Vincent Vega

Guest Len B'stard

T1 all the way, T2 is just a cynical marketing thing, a re-imagining of the original when someone realised that, hang on, this storyline had a Transformers type appeal for a more little boys type audience, if only we'd thought of this before! T1 is fuckin' grim, just like it should be, the Terminator is relentless and unforgiving and as i said previously Michael Biehn plays a blinder, just absolutely brilliant, his fuckin' lack of patience and gruff exterior, that quality he lent the character of looking like he's really fuckin' been through the mill with it.

But most importantly i think is when you watch T1 and they do the scenes in the now, in the 80s, it actually like...makes the reality of the world actually look pretty fuckin' grim and harsh. Also the fact that they are human and they are being a chased by a Terminator it kinda like...you can identify with that cuz we're human, as opposed to the second one there's almost a certain comfort there that Arnies there and with them...but when it's just Sarah and Kyle you're like "AHHHHHHHHH!!! RUN!!!!! RUN YOU FUCKERS!!!!" You just feel yourself pulling for them even more. Also...when you watch the first one the first time, you kinda don't know that they're gonna make it, it's not clear that good is gonna triumph over evil, gives it that edge of your seat quality, by the end you can almost feel their fatigue with them, it just really puts you in there with them...whereas you kinda know they are gonna survive in T2, it's just kinda Disney...cuz no films gonna end with the death of a 13 yr old and his Mum.

T1 is filmed cinematically...T2 is like a music video. T1 just nails that Tech Noir thing...so much of it takes place at night too, there's a horrible loneliness to it.

• Like 2

T1 all the way, T2 is just a cynical marketing thing, a re-imagining of the original when someone realised that, hang on, this storyline had a Transformers type appeal for a more little boys type audience, if only we'd thought of this before! T1 is fuckin' grim, just like it should be, the Terminator is relentless and unforgiving and as i said previously Michael Biehn plays a blinder, just absolutely brilliant, his fuckin' lack of patience and gruff exterior, that quality he lent the character of looking like he's really fuckin' been through the mill with it.

But most importantly i think is when you watch T1 and they do the scenes in the now, in the 80s, it actually like...makes the reality of the world actually look pretty fuckin' grim and harsh. Also the fact that they are human and they are being a chased by a Terminator it kinda like...you can identify with that cuz we're human, as opposed to the second one there's almost a certain comfort there that Arnies there and with them...but when it's just Sarah and Kyle you're like "AHHHHHHHHH!!! RUN!!!!! RUN YOU FUCKERS!!!!" You just feel yourself pulling for them even more. Also...when you watch the first one the first time, you kinda don't know that they're gonna make it, it's not clear that good is gonna triumph over evil, gives it that edge of your seat quality, by the end you can almost feel their fatigue with them, it just really puts you in there with them...whereas you kinda know they are gonna survive in T2, it's just kinda Disney...cuz no films gonna end with the death of a 13 yr old and his Mum.

T1 is filmed cinematically...T2 is like a music video. T1 just nails that Tech Noir thing...so much of it takes place at night too, there's a horrible loneliness to it.

Yes!!! In T1 it's just Kyle and Sarah against a machine of death, alone. No one, not even a whole station of cops, can protect them. In T2, there's Arnie, there's Sarah who is now an action babe, and Bart Simpson and it is like a music video. It's so fucking commercial.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, T 2. Love Arnold as the good terminator.

Robert Patrick is going to be at the 2014 Frightmare convention in Dallas. I can't wait to meet him. Linda Hamilton and Michael Beihn too celebrating the 30th anniversary of Terminator.

Robert Patrick played an awesome terminator. He was just recently in True Blood playing Alcide's dad another werewolf.

Besides, T2 had GNR's song, You could be mine. Great song! I loved their video for it too.