Your top 5 hip hop albums.

drtydane

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In any order

I lean more towards the west coast because they were the ones that really made the big impact. Even though biggie is great; snoop, dre, 2pac, and nwa are the ones that really made the scene explode.

Doggystyle (snoops masterpiece)

The chronic (dre's masterpiece, snoops introduction)

All eyez on me (pac's masterpiece, 2pac + deathrow =magic)

Makavelle (2pac becomes a prophit)

The chronic 2001 (dre and snoop make a comeback, eminem's coming out party)

I choose the chronic 2001 as eminems coming out party over his first album because for one its better and two because it was like a new deathrow album. (Yes Iknow it wasn't really death row, but its all the same people)

And I choose it over the marshal mathers lp because chronic 2001 is really the album that made emimem a serious contender. Then when the marshal mathers lp came out it just confirmed how good eminem was.

Honerable mention

Nwa straight outta compton (nwa were great, set the table for death row, but this album isn't as good as the death row stuff imo)

Biggie life after death and ready to die (both are hip hop classics)

Warren g regulate (great album, regulators mount up!)

Outkast (all of their albums from southernplaylisticcadallacmusic through stankonia deserve honerable mention)

Eminem Marshal mathers lp (great album, eminems appetite)

Jayz (even though imo none of his albums are as good as the ones I've already mentioned, his collective works make him an honerable mention)

Bone thugz n harmony (like jayz their collective works need honerable mention, but none of their albums are as good as the ones mentioned here. And they are the only ones to work with both biggie and 2pac as far as Iknow)

Last but not least, master p ghetto dope (this is a fun mid 90's rap album, the best no limt album imo, make crack like this, ghetto dope!)

Edited by Mike420

I'm really baffled how many people seem to like marshal mathers over slim shady. Other than my name is I think it's a 100% perfect album. Intros and skits an all.

I hang with a buncha hippies and wacky tobacco planters who swallow lit roaches and light up like jack o lanterns. Outsiders baby and we suing the courts cuz we dope as fuck and only get a 2 in the source.

And

Me and Marcus Allan went over to see Nicole, when we heard a knock at the door, musta been Ron gold. Jump behind the door put the orgy on hold, kill em both and smear blood on a white bronco.

Killer, hungry rhymes and great production all the way through!

I can't really choose, but for now:

Ready to die

Straight outta compton

All eyez on me

Makaveli

MM LP

I could easily add more, like the college dropout, the chronic, slim shady, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

Edited by MBRose

I'm really baffled how many people seem to like marshal mathers over slim shady. Other than my name is I think it's a 100% perfect, album. Intros and skits an all.

I also think it is a good album, just not as good as mm. Mm is eminem at his absolute best.

ATLiens

Love Southern, but personally I think ATLiens is their best joint. One of the best hip hop albums you don't really hear people talking about.

Westside Connection album is also classic.

Kudos to you for mentioning this album.

"Bow Down.."

Edited by SunnyDRE

I'm really baffled how many people seem to like marshal mathers over slim shady. Other than my name is I think it's a 100% perfect album. Intros and skits an all.

I like Slim Shady better, but Marshal Mathers has The Real Slim Shady on it, and I think that is probably the most important song since Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Marked the arrival of "wigger" culture and really is the "wigger" anthem.

JMO.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Guest Len B'stard

Long Live the Kane - Big Daddy Kane

The Great Adventures of Slick Rick - Slick Rick

Criminal Minded - Boogie Down Productions

Ready to Die - Notorious BIG

All Eyez On Me - 2Pac

Am i the only one who finds Wigger a really objectionable term? My list sucks, there's so many others i can think of just offhand, Lifestyles Uv Da Poor & Dangerous by Big L Corleone, Capital Punishment by Big Pun, Kool G Rap & Polo's debut album, honestly i could go on all night. Wu Tangs debut album too, Naughty by Nature, the album with Yoke the Joker on it is fuckin immense.

Edited by sugaraylen