Your top 5 hip hop albums.

drtydane

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

That Nas/AZ style is flawless, off that era jigga had a sick flow too but its a lot off-kilter and oddly structured, nas was like clean rhyming, bars finishing with complete sentences and the exact right amount of syllables, classic textbook rhyme skills, the jigga style is more scattered, nas nails it like a fuckin sonnet.

I might get flamed but P-Ditty and the Family has a lot if great songs on it.

Can't believe no one mentioned It Was Written yet.

I agree that it is a pretty solid album with good songs on it, but here's my problem with puff daddy; he marks the beginning of the decline of hip hop. I say that because he was the first pretender to get famous. All the guys that came before were real. Puff daddy's album is the result of talented people behind the scenes making less talented, but good looking people famous. He is essentially just like brittany spears or any other pop artists that doesn't know how to play, sing, or write anything. Sure maybe they had a "hand" in writting the songs here or there, but they are not musicians or true artists. Puff daddy is more style than substance. After puff daddy made a hit record with having the right people behind the scenes, everyone started doing it. And before you know it we were left with the crap that's out today.

Guest Len B'stard

That first album of his was big because of Biggie. I mean what's the guy done for music since hence all his Sean John crap? The guy owes his riches to Biggie. Unlike Dre and Jigga who've got their money through their own talent.

Puffy never really was going around proclaiming himself as God MC either, was he, to be fair? He got in on the rap act because apparently enough people wanted to see him do it but it was never really properly his career. And thank fuck for that :lol:

His job pretty must consists of mumbling in the background of Biggie songs like "yeah...bad boy baby....yeah...get that money....yeah...and it don't stop....and it won't...cuz it can't stop...yeah....bad boy baby...yeah" etc etc :lol:

But like that's my point of comparison, I mean Dre is defintely a producer over a rapper but his cash is from his own hands, his own work and from music. Diddy got big because he had an album of songs with Biggie and a big single about Biggie and after that? He simply used his Biggie capital to launch all his other crap because he obviously doesn't even have great producing talent.

He didnt get rich off that album. He got rich off ready to die and life after death. I still listen to no way out occasionally.

Got the real live shit from front to back...

That song was constantly playing on my Walkman in 4th grade.

Guest Len B'stard

THIS AIN'T CALI, THIS HARLEM N IGGA, WE DO WALK BYS! :D

But like that's my point of comparison, I mean Dre is defintely a producer over a rapper but his cash is from his own hands, his own work and from music. Diddy got big because he had an album of songs with Biggie and a big single about Biggie and after that? He simply used his Biggie capital to launch all his other crap because he obviously doesn't even have great producing talent.

But again, he was never really a producer either, he was just the guy with connections that set up a record company, it's his awareness of his own marketability that got him in the limelight but he's a producer either, Excutive Producer basically means i'm slappin' my name on this and getting 20,000 and a shit of exposure for my troubles (at the formative level at any rate) but i can't hate Puffy for suckin' at rapping cuz it just seems like something he did for a laugh, can't hate him for being a shit producer cuz he ain't really a producer, he's just an arch capitalist, a businessman and hey, who can blame him for that, fair play to the man. I ain't his greatest fan or anything but he's OK, he's cool.

THIS AIN'T CALI, THIS HARLEM N IGGA, WE DO WALK BYS! :D

But again, he was never really a producer either, he was just the guy with connections that set up a record company, it's his awareness of his own marketability that got him in the limelight but he's a producer either, Excutive Producer basically means i'm slappin' my name on this and getting 20,000 and a shit of exposure for my troubles (at the formative level at any rate) but i can't hate Puffy for suckin' at rapping cuz it just seems like something he did for a laugh, can't hate him for being a shit producer cuz he ain't really a producer, he's just an arch capitalist, a businessman and hey, who can blame him for that, fair play to the man. I ain't his greatest fan or anything but he's OK, he's cool.

Still think he's a bender and he squeezed the benjamins out of Biggie and his subsequent death.