Axl and Dj at Stones Concert

Guest Gunns

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad Axl got out to see the Stones. I think it was pretty cool of people to just let him be and enjoy the show. I wish my son could have been in that pit standing next to Axl. That would be a dream come true for him.

Anyway, it's very cool to see Axl out and about so much these days and enjoying himself. Since Axl is usually a private person, it's nice to see him doing normal shit and be comfortable enough to be in a pit! Go Axl!

And I don't know why so many of you have a problem with DJ. My husband met him years ago when he played with Sixx AM and he was very cool and even took a picture with him. No one is perfect, but he seems to be one of the closet band members to Axl so why the hate?

I remember Marc Canter mentioning that during the "lost years" of 1994-2000 Axl would often attend shows and just sit in the audience. Marc's opinion was most people probably thought it was Axl, but they felt the chances of him actually being in the pit were so small that they just didn't acknowledge him.

Edited by themadcaplaughs

If I were close to them I'd go "Wow! How great is it that, even though I saw that other gig earlier this year, it's a different setlist! I wonder which song they're gonna play next? Will it be their NEW song, Doom and Gloom?"

that would be epic lol

I remember Marc Canter mentioning that during the "lost years" of 1994-2000 Axl would often attend shows and just sit in the audience. Marc's opinion was most people probably thought it was Axl, but they felt the chances of him actually being in the pit were so small that they just didn't acknowledge him.

He probably still does. It's just that on this occasion someone noticed him there and decided to take a picture and hence we all know about it. He probably gets out more than a lot of people think, if he's just out for a few beers or to see a gig with a couple of friends then he can probably get away with not being bothered. When he's on tour it's probably more of an issue what with the whole entourage which tends to be around him.

I notice he has a decent amount of breathing space around him considering he is in a massive crowd. I guess no one wants to chance shoving into him.

It's interesting how much The Stones and GNR have in common. Singer and guitarist feud, Mick's alledged dictorial behaviour, Keith's drugs etc...yet it worked out for The Stones largely I think because of Richards attitude and ways of putting up with Mick (and maybe vice versa). I wonder if it was The Stones that Axl aspired to be at some point but just couldn't make it work in the same way.

I notice he has a decent amount of breathing space around him considering he is in a massive crowd. I guess no one wants to chance shoving into him.

If you look at videos for the gigs, the pit really isn't that full. I don't know how many people can actually fit in it, but they don't jam pack it.

If you look at videos for the gigs, the pit really isn't that full. I don't know how many people can actually fit in it, but they don't jam pack it.

Yea I heard on the news the stones were having a hard time selling tickets.

To be honest half full would be my kind of concert. I get really claustrophobic in crowds of people. I needs to get rich enough to buy private gigs.

Surprisingly enough, the GA almost always sell out right away at $1,500 each. When I said they don't jam pack it, I meant that they don't sell as many tickets as they could, space-wise.

Surprisingly enough, the GA almost always sell out right away at $1,500 each. When I said they don't jam pack it, I meant that they don't sell as many tickets as they could, space-wise.

Yep. And like alfierose said, I kinda like it when its not jam packed. Just heard on the news a couple days ago they were having a hard time selling tickets.

If the gig were close to my place I would definitely go, and meeting Axl there would be a dream come true! He should join them on stage and sing Salth of the earth again (or dead flowers) ;)

Edited by Jeez

There was still approx 4 thousand tickets available for this show just before showtime according to what I heard on the radio.Don't know if that was accurate or not.Just goes to show that times are a changing,and the Stones are no longer a guaranteed sellout.Granted some of their ticket prices are completely ridiculous.

Edited by cbgnr

1500 dollars for a concert ticket?

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolocaust

Holy!

He looked much better in the first picture. He really has to do something about the bloated face, is just makes him look much older than he really is. And I find it completely ironic that he's wearing a Elvis shirt much more often now. I guess we can say Axl has fully embraced the "fat Elvis" stage of his career.

It's good to see he's out having a good time though.

Edited by GNR123GNR456