Alien or Aliens ?

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Inspired by the Terminator thread, which one is better?

I couldn't really answer this one...Was first introduced to Xenomorphs through "Aliens" when I was six ( nice parenting yo ) and was absolutely terrified yet amazed by that movie.

Then, later, saw Alien and absolutely loved it for different reasons ( creepier creature and atmosphere, awesome derelict design and scenes... ).

I like the Xenomorph lurker from the first movie more and I don't really like that Aliens is kinda responsible for turning Xenos into insects ( which resulted in terrible movies, videogames and spinoffs... ) but I'm still amazed by Cameron's Xeno Queen design seventeen years later.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

I still like Alien 3 because of its atmosphere, because I like Fincher's very personal esthetics, and because of the xeno that is more like the one from the first movie but...yeah, everything else...

Can't believe FOX would allow the best creature design in Science fiction / horror history to get treated so badly.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

I still like Alien 3 because of its atmosphere, because I like Fincher's very personal esthetics, and because of the xeno that is more like the one from the first movie but...yeah, everything else...

Can't believe FOX would allow the best creature design in Science fiction / horror history to get treated so badly.

I'd actually watch Resurrection before Alien 3 any day. Resurrection was watchable up until the last half hour with the Newborn.

Never really got the hate for Alien 3.

Sure it did manage to destroy everything that Aliens managed to accomplish ( Newt and Hicks getting killed right away, facehugger on board of the Sulaco ) but other than this, I never found the writing particularly terrible, especially considering the horribad conditions Fincher had to work in, and I thought it had a ballsy ending.

I also love the Alien 3 soundtrack...even though I firmly think the Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack for Alien is the best Sci-Fi soundtrack of all time.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Never really got the hate for Alien 3.

Sure it did manage to destroy everything that Aliens managed to accomplish ( Newt and Hicks getting killed right away, facehugger on board of the Sulaco ) but other than this, I never found the writing particularly terrible, especially considering the horribad conditions Fincher had to work in, and I thought it had a ballsy ending.

I also love the Alien 3 soundtrack...even though I firmly think the Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack for Alien is the best Sci-Fi soundtrack of all time.

That was a pretty big dealbreaker.

Actually though, it was the first film in the series that I watched and I just derived no enjoyment from it whatsoever at the time. Then I tried giving it a go in context and that just made me loathe it more. It is actually my least favourite film of all time (I have ranted about this before on here, I just enjoy any chance to have a go at it so I'm ranting again).

Alien is a terrifying, claustrophobic masterpiece of a film.

Alien wins by a country mile for me.

This!

When ALIEN first came out, seeing it on the big screen..without knowing what was going to happen next, was one of my all time greatest movie experiences.

Alien is a terrifying, claustrophobic masterpiece of a film.

Alien wins by a country mile for me.

This!

When ALIEN first came out, seeing it on the big screen..without knowing what was going to happen next, was one of my all time greatest movie experiences.

Cinemark movie theaters do a showing of an old school film every Wednesday night. Last week was Alien, so I had to go see it since I'd never had the chance in theaters. Even having seen that movie literally hundreds of times, it was still incredible in theaters. It seemed like a lot of people there had never seen it before. This woman next to me was visibly distraught after that dinner scene...had to chuckle at that :lol:

Alien is like a suspended orchestra note; it's poetic and majestic. It has some great built in pathos.

Aliens I was introduced to via television in the early nineties and boy, did I ever love it. Typical Cameron roller-coaster ride with plenty of peaks and valleys. Unfortunately, as great as it is, it hasn't held up all that well in the years since and the many repeat viewings.

Alien will always work for me as the better movie and a great piece of artwork.