The official GnR Facebook just put up an old pic of Axl &Slash &asked us to guess the year

Subtle Signs

The Facebook post (even though it most likely means nothing) and Manet's new sig just makes me wish Axl and Slash would get back together.

It doesn't even have to be a full-fledged reunion, just them on speaking terms and Slash performing with New GN'R sporadically like Duff is doing now would be good enough.

Same here. It was the reason I changed my sig, although I had already used this one a long time ago.

And Jhonny, yes, it wasn't even GNR.

1984 -> Their first band together.

1994 -> They start to go separate ways.

2004 -> Slash starts his first band being out of GNR.

2014 -> You know it.

Yeah, nothing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl is a control freak - I'm pretty sure he checks out what's going on with Gn'R FB page sometimes.... The strangest thing is that that picture as far as I remember was in Marc Canter's book and there were several other with Axl only and/or with Slash in a less stand-out position... Since Axl doesn't speak to and is pissed off at Marc Canter (since he released Reckless Road book) and hates Slash's guts referring to him as a 'cancer', it's really really odd that someone at Gn'R FB page decided to post such a photo.

Edited by trqster

I honestly don't think Axl cares whether Del or Fernando or whoever it was posted a picture of him and Slash together. Axl isn't denying that Slash was part of GN'R or that that history took place. He might not like talking about Slash today and might be downplaying Slash's importance, but I think that is something else.

I honestly don't think Axl cares whether Del or Fernando or whoever it was posted a picture of him and Slash together. Axl isn't denying that Slash was part of GN'R or that that history took place. He might not like talking about Slash today and might be downplaying Slash's importance, but I think that is something else.

Sure it's perfectly normal, given the known circumstances and this point in time to bring up out of the blue an old photo promoting Slash's image and reminding his association with Axl (curious that no other band member was in that photo). After all it's only 22 million facebookers that are following the page - no big deal...

Edited by trqster

Sure it's perfectly normal, given the known circumstances and this point in time to bring up out of the blue an old photo promoting Slash's image and reminding his association with Axl (curious that no other band member was in that photo). After all it's only 22 million facebookers that are following the page - no big deal...

It's as normal as posting any other picture from GN'R history with any other configuration of band members. And this wasn't a post originally made on Facebook by Fernando or Del or whoever, this was a Facebook entry that shared a post from Paradise City originally created by someone called Martina. As I am sure you are aware of, GN'R Facebook account shares lots of posts from Paradise City, and apparently this picture was worth sharing without it having some deeper meaning.

I assume whoever runs the social media stuff is allowed to post stuff from all eras of GNR. I doubt they intensely scrutinise each pic they post, it will just be a job to them.

Somebody notify Nik :shock:

Actually it isn't a point of contention, Slash is definitely a part of GNR history so I fail to see the monumental issue of posting a picture like this

:shrugs: It isn't like it is some state secret to anyone involved at any point.

Guest NGOG

I actually prefer that GNR are opting for a more moderate approach to their own history. At one point old GNR were essentially a taboo subject, it's better for the band's image that they are seen to recognize the old era.

I actually prefer that GNR are opting for a more moderate approach to their own history. At one point old GNR were essentially a taboo subject, it's better for the band's image that they are seen to recognize the old era.

Undoubtedly theraputic in untold ways :blink:

Slash doesn't deserve Axl's forgiveness. He is manipulative and insensitive to others. Also, can you imagine how annoying Perla would be if they reconciled, pretending to like Axl after she made fun of his weight. Both of them are awful people.

Now that you mentioned it.....

Slash doesn't deserve Axl's forgiveness. He is manipulative and insensitive to others. Also, can you imagine how annoying Perla would be if they reconciled, pretending to like Axl after she made fun of his weight. Both of them are awful people.

:rofl-lol:

Shit is too funny.

Axl has good memories of his times with him, and I think as far as he's concerned, the Paradise City site is just something for the fans to post and share. Post Rock Hall, no one's asking when the reunion's happening, so it's all history, isn't it? Chinese Democracy is going to be half a decade old, it's not new anymore.

The "No Slash T-shirt" policy is because of hecklers, but I think if they're still doing that, it's kind of silly, because people can wear what they want at festival gigs. Should be interesting to see what happens in NYC.

I remember guys being confused when Axl told a funny anecdote about Slash to some fans recently (a youtube video). Their heads almost exploded from trying to reconcile the fact that Axl could possibly have fond memories of Slash while at the same time believing that he hates everything associated with the guy (misinterpreting the fact that Axl does his utmost to make sure that interviews today is about the current lineup and not about reminiscing and speculating about reunions).

In other words, not doing a Black Sabbth (cropping Bill Ward from their official website).

^ Yeah, that's great. But we all thought Axl didn't want anything from or about Slash connected with Guns N' Roses.

Don't talk for me. He's been playing songs with Slash solos extensively these last year, he has used iconography related to the Slash era extensively these last years, he has talked about Slash in interviews and with fans.

^ Yeah, that's great. But we all thought Axl didn't want anything from or about Slash connected with Guns N' Roses.

Don't talk for me. He's been playing songs with Slash solos extensively these last year, he has used iconography related to the Slash era extensively these last years, he has talked about Slash in interviews and with fans.

I didn't mention you. Why would you think I'm talkin' for you? Wtf? :lol:

He couldn't not stop performing songs that have Slash's solos - that would be asinine, but I think it was pretty obvious (and understandable) that Axl didn't want Slash to be connected with Gn'R. Associating him with "Gn'R" in this present era would only benefit Slash and his current projects.

I didn't mention you. Why would you think I'm talkin' for you? Wtf? :lol:

The "we all" sort of gave it away :D