Axl is not a defeatist

GN'R Lies

At the core, if Axl doesn't release another album, it's admitting defeat to the powers who "screwed up" his CD vision. It's saying "Ok, you got me, and from now on I'll live a sub-par musical existence." This guy doesn't take a hit on the chin and cower away from it. If anything he grows more determined at the hand of his adversaries.

All this talk about GN'R being over or dying a slow death and no hope of new music in the future, just doesn't fit with his character IMO. I think he simply isn't motivated at the moment and doesn't have anything of great personal note to say - at the moment. But he will. He's an artist. And to borrow an infamous GN'R line, "when the time is right" for him, and he has something to say, music will arrive. Axl isn't in any rush because he doesn't give a shit what anyone wants him to do or when he should do it. He's also no longer a reckless impulsive adolescent but a settled middle aged man. But don't doubt he doesn't give a shit about his self identity as an artist and his music. And it's this that will drive another album.

Even if axl could manage to write a good song again, I doubt he'd be able to sing it. At least good enough to warrant recording. The window closed on fat axl

Modern technology is an amazing thing.

I have no doubt he could record a great vocal still using every 10th take.

Problem is he couldn't replicate it live every night, which is part of where CD failed so miserably.

Take TWAT as an example. What good is being able to record the song if you get so gassed by the end of the first verse you can't even play it live without it being a disaster.

That is not very artistic if you ask me.

...so... how long do we, the FANS, have to wait until Axl feels the time is right to give us more music? 2015? 2016? 2020? 2025? Just wondering... I can only imagine what this place would be like, if it took Axl 10 years to release more material.

You need to keep making music to keep your fans interested. Why doesn't Axl get that through his thick skull?

...so... how long do we, the FANS, have to wait until Axl feels the time is right to give us more music? 2015? 2016? 2020? 2025? Just wondering... I can only imagine what this place would be like, if it took Axl 10 years to release more material. You need to keep making music to keep your fans interested. Why doesn't Axl get that through his thick skull?

Oh, make no mistake here.. He gets it, on the other hand, what do you feel "entitled" to?

"Life does not owe you your own personal happy ending"..statements along these lines indicate he indeed "gets" it. You however......

I beg your pardon, nobody promised you a rose garden.

Maybe you are simply venting out of frustration :shrugs:

I am not entitled to anything, sailaway, nor do I feel Axl ows me or anyone anything. But there's nothing wrong with wanting new music from my favorite band. :shades: It's just that... jeez... all the bands I like are still active, after 30 or 20 years and they put out records on a fairly frequent basis. I just wish I could say the same about GnR.

I've never met Axl in my life and I know he said that about happy endings, but you know, considering the context in which he said it, it was sort of a selfish thing to say. Because we are his fans, we love him, we love his music. It's not like we are trying to destroy him or out ta get him or anything. We only want new music.

And having to wait for so long is frustrating. imho.

Edited by TombRaider

I am not entitled to anything, sailaway, nor do I feel Axl ows me or anyone anything. But there's nothing wrong with wanting new music from my favorite band. :shades: It's just that... jeez... all the bands I like are still active, after 30 or 20 years and they put out records on a fairly frequent basis. I just wish I could say the same about GnR. I've never met Axl in my life and I know he said that about happy endings, but you know, considering the context in which he said it, it was sort of a selfish thing to say. Because we are his fans, we love him, we love his music. It's not like we are trying to destroy him or out ta get him or anything. We only want new music. And having to wait for so long is frustrating. imho.

Nothing wrong with wanting, trouble is when people convince themselves that needing=wanting, and go to all lengths to explain, more or less, the reasons why they feel entitled to it, which is a mistaken notion in essence.

Nothing wrong with wanting, trouble is when people convince themselves that needing=wanting, and go to all lengths to explain, more or less, the reasons why they feel entitled to it, which is a mistaken notion in essence.

Find me one person on this board that will say that they are entitled to or literally need a new album from Axl. You guys fabricate this shit to start arguments.

...so... how long do we, the FANS, have to wait until Axl feels the time is right to give us more music? 2015? 2016? 2020? 2025? Just wondering... I can only imagine what this place would be like, if it took Axl 10 years to release more material.

I suggest you stop waiting.

I am not entitled to anything, sailaway, nor do I feel Axl ows me or anyone anything. But there's nothing wrong with wanting new music from my favorite band. :shades: It's just that... jeez... all the bands I like are still active, after 30 or 20 years and they put out records on a fairly frequent basis. I just wish I could say the same about GnR.

It's only been 5 years since their last release. That is NOTHING for a band as old as GN'R. In fact, most bands that old has stopped releasing music altogether. You will probably have to wait another 2-5 years. If that is too difficult, try to fill your time with other things, explore other music.

Find me one person on this board that will say that they are entitled to or literally need a new album from Axl. You guys fabricate this shit to start arguments.
No, unfortunately this isnt the case. People want it, convince themselves they need it, carrying the emotional baggage that a true need warrants, and it escalates from there....

No, unfortunately this isnt the case. People want it, convince themselves they need it, carrying the emotional baggage that a true need warrants, and it escalates from there....

So we're just gonna be totally vague and abstract when we talk about "people" doing these things? Got it.

So we're just gonna be totally vague and abstract when we talk about "people" doing these things? Got it.

It's a notion that pops up every so often on this site, here's one example: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/23689-axl-owes-his-fans/

More examples of confused fans not understanding the concept of 'business' in this thread: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/149181-what-do-you-think-axl-owes-us/

It's a notion that pops up every so often on this site, here's one example: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/23689-axl-owes-his-fans/

More examples of confused fans not understanding the concept of 'business' in this thread: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/149181-what-do-you-think-axl-owes-us/

So like 2-3 people over the span of ten years on the forum say that Axl owes the fans an album and get shouted down by many, many more people for being "deluded" and whatnot. I guess you lived up to what I requested. My point seems confirmed, though. Almost nobody says Axl owes the fans an album, so bringing it up like it's an issue is just trying to stir the pot.

It's a notion that pops up every so often on this site, here's one example: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/23689-axl-owes-his-fans/More examples of confused fans not understanding the concept of 'business' in this thread: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/149181-what-do-you-think-axl-owes-us/

So like 2-3 people over the span of ten years on the forum say that Axl owes the fans an album and get shouted down by many, many more people for being "deluded" and whatnot. I guess you lived up to what I requested. My point seems confirmed, though. Almost nobody says Axl owes the fans an album, so bringing it up like it's an issue is just trying to stir the pot.

You are quite right, in not many come out and say this, but actions (ie: tone of posts/posting history) says different. Some of the fans/unfans that are upset because they haven't recieved whatever it is they feel entitled to, often resort to verbally throwing shit at the band, make repetitive snarky remarks about looks,management,gigs etc..ad nauseum.

Thanks for admitting what this is really about, Sailaway. :lol: You go ahead and keep reading the metaphorical tea leaves of peoples' "tone of posting." :rofl-lol:

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to sniff out a fan/unfan who has set themselves up for supposed disappointment by mistakenly thinking GNR "owes" them more music, attention, blah,blah....

Guess they must have read "happily ever after" as fact somewhere...

Edited by sailaway