Does anyone else hope axl finds love and has kids to help inspire some lyrics?

HisRoyalSweetness

Maybe crying is the hallmark of the genres you choose to listen to. But Axl's been beating that dead horse for a long time now. It's hard to imagine he can get sadder or more pitiful than Chinese democracy.

I think you are right. It's got to differ from genre to genre. I also agree with the annoying topical content of CD.

I'm 36 years old. I don't wanna hear a 51 year old man whining about the past and the IRS. Gimme something to chew on, gimme some hope and outlook in this fucked up world. If you don't have it yourself, at least go and fucking seek it and in that provide me with some inspiration. I wanna hear stories about lost love and betrayal all I have to do is look back on my first marriage well thank you very much I got plenty of that crap in my own life, I don't need to buy a fucking CD to have more of that. I wish him nothing but the best, happiness, love, freedom and peace. Because if he can fucking find it, then everyone can. That should be the idea and motivation behind the music. At this point in time, Axl is more depressive than Nirvana and Pink Floyd combined. Gimme some Guns AND Roses.

And that doesn't mean he should write a concept album about cuddling kittens. He used to strike a dramatic and compelling balance between dark and light lyrics. For instance paradise city is about how awesome paradise city is, but in contrast with the verses about a hellish city axl needed to escape. If poison wrote that song, both the verses and the chorus would be about this awesome party city where everything is cool. If CD era axl wrote that song, both the choruses and the verses would be about the sadness and isolation he feels when he's stuck in a non-paradise city. Axl used to strike a more creative and thoughtful balance in his lyrics. They used to be more visual and offer stronger imagery. Sweet child is another example.

We need more "drugs, sex and rock" inspired lyrics. Oh, wait... no, we don't.

Sincerely, I'd like to see other people writing lyrics in Guns. The moment I listen to another Seymour ballad I'm done with Axl's lyrics, lol. I enjoyed the most songs that Axl didn't talk about Seymour like Catcher and Prostitute. I kinda dig Maddy as well.

To me, maddy is such a lousy song. The idea of asking forgiveness on behalf of others, to me anyway, seems colossally egotistical and emotionally unappealing. So regardless of the music, I'm already probably not going to be too into the song as a whole. But I do find the music to be boring and repetitive too. The spoken word part kinda epitomizes all I find cheesy about nugnr, but about pretentious self-important over-reaching art rock in general. But the lyrics are especially terrible to me, beyond just the trite point axls trying to make about his on victimhood. He doesn't tell a story an he fails to develop any cool imagery. No interesting perspective. There's nothing especially clever or poetic about the writing itself. And the title seems so pretentious. So not my cup of tea. So different than songs, music an lyrics that turned me into a fan of axls.

But hey, everybody goes through shit and every band makes bad records here and there. Sucks that axl had to spend so much time dwelling on this one phase. But I hope he can move on now, find some fresh inspiration an some balance in his life. I think it would lead to some art I'd personally be more into

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

An album about axl being in love and happy: A boring album with sweet happy songs and uplifting piano melodys.

An album about axl being depressed, angry, insane, and hating everything: A rock/metal album with lots of loud guitars and screams.

Which would you prefer. For me it's the last one.

That said, axl needs to be able to express his anger in his music but still have the ability to be a happy person.

At the same time though we need less "My girl friend left and betrayed me 20 years ago songs" (like Estranged, TIL, etc) and more "Fuck you songs" (BOB, Shacklers, Riad, OMG, Silkworms, Locomotive, etc).

Edited by liers

I'm sure it would be lovely for him but has anyone ever written a killer song about being a parent? I'm struggling to think of one but you are welcome to prove me wrong.

Tears in Heaven?

That's a win. "All my love" is great too. Edited by EvH

Okay question for those of you who like the crying weeping sulky sad kind of lyrics... How could axl ever possibly top Chinese democracy? Just for creativity's sake wouldn't it be cool to hear axl sing some songs again about topics other than how painful and lousy it is to be axl?

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

You mean songs like WTTJ and Out Ta Get Me? See, now his lyrics would be about lawsuits, finding a good landscaper, and vintage t-shirts. It's hard to write about the streets when you live in a mansion high above.

I still think him and Sasha are a thing and they just keep it private.

Edited by Orsys

Guest bellastar2355

Street Of Dreams is about Dylan, the closest he ever got of a son.

:(

I thought Sasha was a call girl

I know she's been with Kanye and Russell Simmons, and there's a website with her supposedly because she owns some people some money.

But then someone said she's just Vanessa's friend

I'm sure it would be lovely for him but has anyone ever written a killer song about being a parent? I'm struggling to think of one but you are welcome to prove me wrong.

wasnt Dont Wanna miss a Thing about Steven Tylers daughter Liv?

The lyrical subject matter of CD didn't really speak to me, as I am kinda more into songs about feeling good and not sulking and crying about how everybody hurts your feelings.

Why are you a GNR fan exactly? Because of Sweet Child O Mine, Patience or perhaps So Fine? Can't come up with any other GNR songs about feeling good. GNR has never been a positive band like Bon Jovi or stuff like that. And that's why I love GNR. Because it's a mean rock n' roll band. Of course I want everyone to find love including Axl and I wouldn't mind a couple of sweet songs a la Sweet Child. But I don't want to see GNR turning into a happy feel good band.

I wasn't very impressed with the lyrics of CD. I thought they'd be better than UYI but it's not even close. Seemed like they were the least important part for axl. I want him to pay more attention to them regardless of the subject. It's possible he just cut parts of it when new solos were added. Like silkworms.

And thinking about what the lyrics about just ruins them for me. Like calling TWAT and TIL seymour songs. Or thinking about axl's history with the band when listening to maddy or prostitute. It's just the wrong way to listen to a song IMO. You're not supposed to judge the writer. If axl writes something like coma now it'd show his victem mentality but he could get away with it in 90s.