How pissed would you be if NuGnR released a new album and you didn't recognise any of the song titles?

Towelie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? Nobody knows what those songs sound like. The fanbase has ridiculously hyped up the likes of Atlas Shrugged for reasons I cannot fathom.

It it sort of what fans do. When guys like Tom Zutaut describe it as "pretty good", Classic Rock describes it as a mix between 70's glam rock and November Rain, may feature Brian May, an enigmatic title, and Bumblefoot refers to it as "interesting", then you -- and I don't literally mean you, I mean fans -- will start to wonder about what the song is like and want to hear it.

why thediceman is not a fan in your opinion? do you know him personally? do you know how many concerts he has been to? do you know his record collection?

It's gotta be his constant attempts at ridiculing the band. He is probably yet another has-been-fan who used to like the and but now only likes extinct lineups and old records.

so if he likes an old line-up he can't be considered a fan anymore? making fun of the current band on the internet is more important than owning stuff, going to concerts etc?

If he doesn't like the band (Guns N' Roses), but only extinct lineups, then he is not a fan of the band. I am sure he himself would be the first to point out that he is a fan of "the real Guns N' Roses", "old guns" or some other silliness, to make it clear that he is absolutely NOT a fan of the actual band, proving that he isn't a fan of the band but of an old version of the band. Guns N' Roses is the current lineup, all previous lineups were Guns N' Roses.

Edited by SoulMonster

Who cares? Nobody knows what those songs sound like. The fanbase has ridiculously hyped up the likes of Atlas Shrugged for reasons I cannot fathom.

It it sort of what fans do. When guys like Tom Zutaut describe it as "pretty good", Classic Rock describes it as a mix between 70's glam rock and November Rain, may feature Brian May, an enigmatic title, and Bumblefoot refers to it as "interesting", then you -- and I don't literally mean you, I mean fans -- will start to wonder about what the song is like and want to hear it.

why thediceman is not a fan in your opinion? do you know him personally? do you know how many concerts he has been to? do you know his record collection?

It's gotta be his constant attempts at ridiculing the band. He is probably yet another has-been-fan who used to like the and but now only likes extinct lineups and old records.

so if he likes an old line-up he can't be considered a fan anymore? making fun of the current band on the internet is more important than owning stuff, going to concerts etc?

If he doesn't like the band (Guns N' Roses), but only extinct lineups, then he is not a fan of the band. I am sure he himself would be the first to point out that he is a fan of "the real Guns N' Roses", "old guns" or some other silliness, to make it clear that he is absolutely NOT a fan of the actual band, proving that he isn't a fan of the band but of an old version of the band. Guns N' Roses is the current lineup, all previous lineups were Guns N' Roses.

oh i see. axl fanatics have a sick and fucked up mind. i feel sorry for you.

1987%20-%20Appetite%20for%20Destruction.

3817.jpg

821835b4c0be7208372587b567c51637.jpg

These albums are still being sold under the GNR name. These are the albums that made GNR what they were and so well known. These albums aren't extinct so bottle the retarded logic that one must accept this new lineup as GNR to be a GNR fan.

oh i see. axl fanatics have a sick and fucked up mind. i feel sorry for you.

Don't feel sorry, my life is great. Be happy, you just learned something new.

These albums are still being sold under the GNR name. These are the albums that made GNR what they were and so well known. These albums aren't extinct so bottle the retarded logic that one must accept this new lineup as GNR to be a GNR fan.

Haha :). I was talking about 'extinct lineups' and being 'fans of the band'. I am sure you are all fans of GN'R's music, but that doesn't mean you are fans of the actual band, rather just fans of those lineups that created that particular music. In fact, most of you seem very hostile towards the band and are quick to point out how the band has died and doesn't exist anymore. To summarize, I miss some internal consistencies in your argumentation.

Edited by SoulMonster

SO pissed. Like fuming fucking mad. Like GRRRRRRRRR I've spent like 9 years on a GnR forum, and fucking Axl doesn't even have the decency to tell me the name of a song title I haven't heard before in advance?! Like fuck that man, if I wanted a surprise I would have opened a damn birthday present, man. Like seriously.

The actual band are those listed on the albums that actual GNR fans like. It's possible to be fans of both or either and still be GNR fans. That's all there is to it.

I agree.

I like every album that has been released by GNR.

The thing I don't understand I why people who are not a fan of either Chinese Demorcracy or the current lineup still post shit in the section of the forum geared toward those who do.

i don' understand the hate for the old line-up. it's thanks to them that this place exists.

It's just weird... But Axl hates the old band (for his own crazy reasons) so the fans feel that they have to imitate him and hate Slash and the old band with passion.

i don' understand the hate for the old line-up. it's thanks to them that this place exists.

It's just weird... But Axl hates the old band (for his own crazy reasons) so the fans feel that they have to imitate him and hate Slash and the old band with passion.

Most fans of GNR don't hate the classic/UYI line-ups. They've just moved on and accept the fact that Axl=GNR.

Most fans of GNR don't hate the classic/UYI line-ups. They've just moved on and accept the fact that Axl=GNR.

hahahaha, love your posts. keep it coming.

hahahaha, love your posts. keep it coming.

Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree? ;)

Extinct lineups and old records? THATS ALL WE HAVE AS GNR FANS!!! Where the fuck have you been? But I would be just as happy to hear new music from the current lineup as I would have been to hear new music from the 1st incarnation of nu GnR