Interesting Tupac interview

Randy Lahey

Guest Len B'stard

He's this young kid doing a speech in front of like a bunch of black nationalist and he proper starts having a go at them and putting them to rights and its like fuck me, rather you than me boss :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

A powerful orator i'm sure you'll agree :). I don't care if you think you black or an American or an 'African American you still a n igger to these motherfuckers!' Love that voice he puts on when he says African American :lol:

There is some sort of irony here with Tupac releasing more music since he died than GnR has, period.

LOL at his epic observation "17 is a weird age, you're not 18 yet, but you're older than 16." Brilliant mind, gone too soon...

Edited by DeadSlash

Guest Len B'stard

Tupac recorded the bulk of All Eyez On Me over the course of a weekend and to my mind it beats the shit out of anything GnR ever recorded.

Tupac recorded the bulk of All Eyez On Me over the course of a weekend and to my mind it beats the shit out of anything GnR ever recorded.

In some aspects, sure. I tend to agree. But the emotional intent of Appetite and even some of what came after that, was just as potent in places. I'm talking about how they managed to express exactly what they felt at that time and did it perfectly. They captured the spirit of being young and fueled by instinct.

Their goal was something else. 2pac came from the gutter. His outlook was totally different. Can't really compare that to something like Gn'R's music imo. I realize this post may look like an excuse, but it's like apples and oranges here.

Also, technically 2pac never was an outstanding rapper. His flow wasn't great. Guns were never technically amazing musicians, but they both had a lot of passion in their music, and just fucking conviction. 2pac is by far my favorite rapper.