Guns N' Roses just posted a whole 1991 concert on Facebook and Twitter

ManetsBR

They just tweeted this:

Throwing it back 22 years to the hour (almost) haha - Concert video from the Ritz May 16, 1991

The 3rd and final "warm up" before the UYI tour. Enjoy it.

About YouTube info:
-----BAND-------------------------------­---------
Axl Rose (Vocal)
Slash (Lead Guitar)
Izzy Stradlin (Rhythm Guitar)
Duff McKagan (Bass)
Matt Sorum (Drums)
Dizzy Reed (Keyboard)

-----SETLIST----------------------------­--------
Pretty Tied Up
Bad Obsession
Right Next Door To Hell
Mr. Brownstone
Dust N' Bones
Live And Let Die
Paradise City
Civil War
Drum Solo
Guitar Solo
You Could Be Mine
I Was Only Joking (Intro) / Patience
Only Women Bleed (Intro) / Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Don't Cry (w/ Shannon Hoon)
You Ain't The First (w/ Shannon Hoon)
My Michelle
Estranged
Double Talkin' Jive
Sweet Child O' Mine
Welcome To The Jungle

-----INFO-------------------------------­---------
The third and last secret warm-up gig for the UYI tour. Special guest performance by Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Axl mentions how the chorus to 'Right Next Door To Hell' was written about his next door neighbor. Slash says they are filming the video for 'You Could Be Mine' for the new Terminator 2 movie. After 'You Could Be Mine,' Axl asks the crowd, "Have you ever heard the expression break a leg? Well, I think I just did." Axl actually injures his heel and is forced to wear a brace on it for the first few weeks of the UYI tour. Before 'Don't Cry,' Axl says how Shannon's band was covering the song a few years back. 'Welcome To The Jungle' is dedicated to the 3rd Street Hell's Angels.

© Guns N' Roses / Geffen Records

So cool that they have been doing this.

Edited by ManetsBR

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the reaction would be (like) if there were a reunion. Yeah, yeah... not happening. But what if we woke up tomorrow to the news that there is a reunion. I've always wondered that. Would they be able to sell out arenas and stadiums worldwide? even in the US?

I wonder what the reaction would be (like) if there were a reunion. Yeah, yeah... not happening. But what if we woke up tomorrow to the news that there is a reunion. I've always wondered that. Would they be able to sell out arenas and stadiums worldwide? even in the US?

Hard to tell. Axl's voice is shot. A reunion won't bring him back unfortunately. Nobody should be waiting for one either.

I think so.

I still don't think there would be a full-fledged reunion. It could be just a tour, maybe release a single, and call it a day. Than they could all go back to doing what they're doing. And personally, if a reunion mean's we lose all the unreleased material that Axl made over the year, that I might have to second guess myself on my initial comment. It's more that I would love to atleast see Axl and Slash reconcile, and both of them playing at each other's shows and albums and what not. I truly believe that if Axl was able to sit down with Slash and they were able to become friend's again, Axl would be in a much better state mentally.

I still think its crazy that after all these years of trying to separate gnrs image from Slash and co, they're now paying homages to the past like this.

Again I'm not expecting anything, and I'm not exactly sure what to make out of this, but even if this just meant that Axl's finally at peace when it comes to the past, good for him.

Hard to tell. Axl's voice is shot. A reunion won't bring him back unfortunately. Nobody should be waiting for one either.

I don't think it's 'shot." It's possible that he could be just singing with the "Mickey Mouse" voice because he doesn't want to push himself anymore. He could just be coasting along with the nostalgia shows. Maybe something like a reunion tour would make him have more passion on stage? Who knows?

I sometimes think it's shot but then every once in a while he sounds amazing for a song or two. Maybe he could get back to a decent state.

I still think its crazy that after all these years of trying to separate gnrs image from Slash and co, they're now paying homages to the past like this.

Again I'm not expecting anything, and I'm not exactly sure what to make out of this, but even if this just meant that Axl's finally at peace when it comes to the past, good for him.

Exactly, that's all I want really.