Is Charlie Sheen Now Banned to Attend GNR Shows?

ChristmasFnatic

Guest NGOG

I don't understand why there has to be such bitterness towards Axl and Slash from their respective fans.

Did I give the impression of bitterness? No guitarist has had a greater tenure in GNR than Slash (obviously). But as much as I would like to, given the reward of being a Slash fan in terms of his output and normality, I can't for the life of me get into anything he's done this century. I just wish he would embrace his bluesy soul instead of putting out these really plastic rock albums.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why there has to be such bitterness towards Axl and Slash from their respective fans.

Did I give the impression of bitterness? No guitarist has had a greater tenure in GNR than Slash (obviously). But as much as I would like to, given the reward of being a Slash fan in terms of his output and normality, I can't for the life of me get into anything he's done this century. I just wish he would embrace his bluesy soul instead of putting out these really plastic rock albums.

I agree somewhat. I once wrote that Slash is "fulfilling the sleaze-rock stereotype that he’s branded a cultural image out of – but the truth is, this isn’t the kind of music that made people admire his talent in the first place." I was probably being a little harsh, but some of the imagery on his album and the lyrics seem a bit more Crue-ish than Aerosmith-ish. But I do think Myles has a good bluesy voice and Anastasia is exactly the sort of track he should be making more of.

Guest NGOG

I agree somewhat. I once wrote that Slash is "fulfilling the sleaze-rock stereotype that he’s branded a cultural image out of – but the truth is, this isn’t the kind of music that made people admire his talent in the first place." I was probably being a little harsh, but some of the imagery on his album and the lyrics seem a bit more Crue-ish than Aerosmith-ish. But I do think Myles has a good bluesy voice and Anastasia is exactly the sort of track he should be making more of.

I don't think your analysis is harsh it's just the harsh truth. Slash was more true to his own talent with the Snakepit records even they aren't necessarily as 'acclaimed' as his post-Revolver stuff. I just get this vibe from Slash nowadays that's he consciously trying, during the creative process, to satisfy the industry and public's perception of him. I don't think he's making the records he would actually like to. He's almost having to contrive his career. And at that point his artistry has suffered immensely.

Edited by NGOG