Is DJ gonna leave GNR and join Crüe once Mick Mars is unable to perform?

ManetsBR

I've always had the impression that Nikki Sixx has been training DJ Ashba to replace Mick Mars once he is unable to perform so that they can keep with their pathetic nostalgia act.

For those who don't know, Mick has ankylosing spondylitis, a chronic, inflammatory form of arthritis that mainly affects the spine and pelvis. This condition has made it harder for him to perform over the years - as you can see on their vh1 documentary about their reunion - and eventually will make it impossible for him to play, sadly.

Edited by ManetsBR

No, because Crue are finished (thankfully) after their next album, and it's not as a result of Mick's condition.

I was just going to post this, yeah I feel like it is time for them to hang it up.

IMO Mick is not utilised to his full guitar abilities in Motely or at least hasn't in decades. I would love to hear a Mick Mars solo venture over new Motley material TBH

I don't know if they'll ever break up, I think it'll be a final world tour, but they'll prob. do an occasional show here and there. I think Tommy can't wait until it's over, and he's prob. stashing the money away, that's why he was doing those club gigs with DJ Aero right after some of the Crue shows. I doubt Vince's strip club will be around for years but he'll sing in just about any bar or club. Nikki will keep going with the photography and SIxx: AM as long as the other guys are interested in it, he said he wants to build it up more. Mick's pretty much ready to play golf and endorse stuff at NAMM. I think Mick said he's been feeling better as far as his condition goes, he has to suck it up like Bumblefoot has to.

I don't think it's a pathetic nostalgia act, they had a body of work that did well in the 80s, and people enjoy it.

I got the impression they're going to keep it going as long as possible. I just think Nikki was giving people a heads up that you should see them now, because when it comes time to call it a day, they're probably going to clean house and get rid of their stuff. All bands should do it, last show, break the storage units out, take a piece of the band home with you (or try to). If they have a change of heart, they can always buy new stuff.

No, because Crue are finished (thankfully) after their next album, and it's not as a result of Mick's condition.

I was just going to post this, yeah I feel like it is time for them to hang it up.

IMO Mick is not utilised to his full guitar abilities in Motely or at least hasn't in decades. I would love to hear a Mick Mars solo venture over new Motley material TBH

You don't have to feel like it's time for them to hang it up, they've even said it themselves. A couple more years of Crue and that's it.

Would love to hear a Mick solo album though - he's a hugely overlooked guitarist because of the band he's in. He's the only one in Motley that really has any serious skill on their instrument.

Are we talking about the same Mick Mars? His solo spot at the Crue show I caught in '05 was the low point of an absolutely abysmal gig.

Really? I saw then in 2009 and he was the saving grace at that show, or at least he was the most noticed by me besides Vince's horrid singing lol

Are we talking about the same Mick Mars? His solo spot at the Crue show I caught in '05 was the low point of an absolutely abysmal gig.

Really? I saw then in 2009 and he was the saving grace at that show, or at least he was the most noticed by me besides Vince's horrid singing lol

Yep. It was really loud and full of feedback. I think it was supposed to be Little Wing and he honestly murdered it. I saw lots of people wincing.

Guest NGOG

Even if Motley were to enjoy any continued longevity, why would Dj jump ship to a less paid myriad of egos that are an inferior gig to GNR even in its non-original form?

It would be a regressive step in Dj's pursuit of the top. Many people have unkind things to say about GNR but modern day Motley are an absolute joke. Sixx A.M isn't the poor sister of Motley, it's ironically a more prosperous and relevant project.

I've always had the impression that Nikki Sixx has been training DJ Ashba to replace Mick Mars once he is unable to perform so that they can keep with their pathetic nostalgia act.

For those who don't know, Mick has ankylosing spondylitis, a chronic, inflammatory form of arthritis that mainly affects the spine and pelvis. This condition has made it harder for him to perform over the years - as you can see on their vh1 documentary about their reunion - and eventually will make it impossible for him to play, sadly.

nah, the article's I've been reading from Motley Crue it seems they are planning their exit startegy/hanging it up/farewell album and tour more than anything

I find it beyond hysterical that, on a "Nu-GNR" forum of all places, there are actually people crying about how some other washed up 80s band should finally hang it up. You do realize that aside from the one hundred or so crazies that frequent this place, just about the rest of mother earth feels the EXACT same way about this nostalgia act, right?

LOL at the people bashing Motley Crue.

Go back and check the touring stats for the past few years. Motley is a bigger draw in the US and globally than GnR currently is. Their last album also got nominated for a rock grammy, which CD didn't.

The Axl Nutters might want to lower the bar a bit when you start comparing bands to the current GnR.

Go back and check the touring stats for the past few years. Motley is a bigger draw in the US and globally than GnR currently is.

Huh? Unless you have some new global data which you didn't have when we discussed this the last time: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/194904-does-anybody-else-think-the-next-step-should-be-new-gnr-doing-a-package-tour-with-moetley-crue-and-a-reunited-skid-row/?p=3270077

...then I call bullshit.