Stone Temple Pilots file lawsuit against Scott Weland

WhazUp

The DeLeos claim Scott sabotaged the Core 20 tour? I seriously find that had to believe since Scott has been out there playing Naked Sunday and Where The River Goes in his recent shows, neither of which have been played since 1993. Gives him a bit more credibility than them when it comes to that.

its so weird, i just saw them this past august

its not like they seemed like they were in love with each other or anything, but there did seem to be a decent vibe

I thought so too...the show I saw last year was the most cohesive STP gig I'd seen since 2009.

I am so glad I at least saw STP in 2008, because the way things are looking Scott is pretty much done in regards to that band. Well then again it looked bleak right after the first breakup too

I really regret never getting around to seeing them now. I loved the first five records when I was younger and now I'll probably never get to see them with Scott because of all this petty bullshit. Oh well, at least they're sounding pretty decent with Chester.

The DeLeos claim Scott sabotaged the Core 20 tour? I seriously find that had to believe since Scott has been out there playing Naked Sunday and Where The River Goes in his recent shows, neither of which have been played since 1993. Gives him a bit more credibility than them when it comes to that.

Wasn't that their main point--that SW was sabotaging the STP tour and wanting to do Core in his solo tour so he'd get all the attention and $$'s for himself.

Not saying it's true, but pretty sure that is the heart of their complaint...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Wasn't that their main point--that SW was sabotaging the STP tour and wanting to do Core in his solo tour so he'd get all the attention and $$'s for himself.

Not saying it's true, but pretty sure that is the heart of their complaint...

Dunno, never heard it put like that. Either way, it didn't work since his solo tour got pretty negative reviews across the board.

Pretty much the same reasons Duff, Matt and Slash gave for firing Scott from VR and band members are quitting his solo band so I would say he pretty much has zero credibility at this point IMHO.........

I think Scott W is having his old drug habit come back again. He's really got to get some help too before he winds up another dead rock star.

He's so talented and got a one of a kind voice, but yet STP replaced him for now with Chester B from Linkin Park. I love Chester's voice, but not sure if it goes with STP songs? I will have to hear them to make a final decision.

The DeLeo's are going to have a helluva time proving prior intent, meaning, they have to prove that Scott had a motive to sabotage their tour.

Laziness? Tardiness? Unreliability? These are all calling cards of Scott's behavior in the last six years or so. Hard to use those things as evidence to something specific when they're just generally how a person behaves. It's pretty well common knowledge.

• 3 weeks later...