Blood in the Water Discussion [NO LINKS ALLOWED]

Guest charlie555

Maybe it's not part of a new song/unfinished song. Maybe it's an idea for a part of an old song (Prostitute, or where-ever the guitar parts are cut'n'pasted from) a chorus that didn't work out. There's probably 100's of these bits on Axl's hardrive, or where ever he stores his music projects.

Maybe it's not part of a new song/unfinished song. Maybe it's an idea for a part of an old song (Prostitute, or where-ever the guitar parts are cut'n'pasted from) a chorus that didn't work out. There's probably 100's of these bits on Axl's hardrive, or where ever he stores his music projects.

I was contemplating this as well. I have three ideas from where the vocal line is from:

- An old lyric that was deleted/scrapped in favor of something else or from an old song they aren't going to release

- Something Axl recorded specifically for this remix (doubt it)

- A line taken from a song that either is planned for a new album or a bonus song of some sorts

Edited by WhazUp

The guy who hooked me up with Team Brazil told me. He is "The General" at Paradise City, and he didn't have the remix, I sent him. I was like "I thought everyone on the GNR camp had those unreleased songs" and his reply was that they do, and this can not be considered a song.

Hitman on MSL's forum says that Blood In The Water is NOT a song, but simply that vocal loop remixed into Prostitute. Personally, I don't understand that one bit. "Blood In The Water" could easily be a song in itself, we just haven't heard it. Any confirmation that BITW is indeed an existing song would be much appreciated.

No disrespect to Hitman. He seems to have quite a bit of knowledge in GNR/Unreleased Material, but just because BITW isn't available to them from the 9-11 song set they've heard, well, thats not sayin much.

Edited by Estrangedfx

Whether or not it's from a song which is actually entitled "Blood In The Water", it's evidently from something which we haven't heard before.
From the leak you'd get the feeling it would come from a fairly slow type song but if it's just the vocal track then it could easily be just a small part of a massive rock tune.

Hitman on MSL's forum says that Blood In The Water is NOT a song, but simply that vocal loop remixed into Prostitute. Personally, I don't understand that one bit. "Blood In The Water" could easily be a song in itself, we just haven't heard it. Any confirmation that BITW is indeed an existing song would be much appreciated.

No disrespect to Hitman. He seems to have quite a bit of knowledge in GNR/Unreleased Material, but just because BITW isn't available to them from the 9-11 song set they've heard, well, thats not sayin much.

Hitman was describing the remix that was leaked a few days ago (which he reviewed on M's podcast a few months ago). He was spot on.

Hitman was describing the remix that was leaked a few days ago (which he reviewed on M's podcast a few months ago). He was spot on.

yeah i remember that

So there's a Blood In The Water that's not a remix? Interesting. Why the hell didn't THAT leak? :( it's like they have Use Your Illusion II in the vault and we got My World as a leak lol

I don't buy that it's an entire song. I wouldn't be surprised if the phrase was pulled from an unreleased song... The General for example

Something tells me there isn't a "real" Blood in the Water and the vocals we heard in the remix are all Axl ever recorded for that song. Hell, it could just be an unused vocal from another song.

"this sounds pretty old
a lot of pitman
the transition is word and the chorus is missing
transition is weird" - The General, from Paradise City

Something tells me there isn't a "real" Blood in the Water and the vocals we heard in the remix are all Axl ever recorded for that song. Hell, it could just be an unused vocal from another song.

"this sounds pretty old

a lot of pitman

what

"this sounds pretty old

a lot of pitman

What? The transition is word? Transition os weird? Wut?