Blood in the Water Discussion [NO LINKS ALLOWED]

Guest charlie555

I'm pretty sure this is the real thing. It's no secret that the song samples heavily from Prostitute. Only thing that I'm hesitant about is that the solo seems kind of random in it and I wouldn't think it would be thrown in like that and used in full. Regardless, it's still kind of cool and I'd play it at parties.

If by fan you mean Brain.

Whatever. There's no denying that solo which starts at 1:00 is the same as in Prostitute. Instrumental parts from 2:20 was also cut from Prostitute.

If Brain really did this, it only means he's shitty at doing remixes.

I think it's all a ruse to get legit stuff. Someone somehow got hold of a few seconds of authentic previously unheard Axl vocals, prob during negotiations for something else. Couldn't get the full song in the end. Subsequently put a lot of effort into mashing it up with Prostitute instrumentation to initially make it sound like a 15-20 sec snippet. Then when people noticed the instrumentals were taken from Prostitute, they went with it and made a full-length remix, still looping that same 5 secs of vocals which sound like they were recorded in a tin can (i.e. leaked demo quality).

But that's just my theory.

It's clearly real.

Where would one get the vocal samples from? No one has yet seemed to explain this.

Well the Axl vocals are real and always have been. Doesn't mean the rest of the stuff couldn't have been made up from the multi-tracks.

I don't think that's the case though because of the other backing tracks that seem to be from Brain, but in theory could be from someone else.

I don't know, or care enough to discuss it. I like this enough to call it real and put it on my phone to listen to.

When a "Blood in the Water" video gets taken down on YouTube, it says this:

"This video is no longer avaliable due to a copyright claim by UziSuicidal LLC"

So obviously it is legit.

Can someone please share?

The youtube clip is NOT a real song... fake or remix... 100%

is there something else or is this thread about this shitty remix?

That is the real thing...

I don't understand the suggestion that Axl recorded these vocals as a one off for this remix. Seems an odd thing to do, I wonder though if stuff like this was perhaps made and circulated at some point as an attempt to confuse and detract from what was really intended to be released. Just a thought otherwise I would like to think there is a full track of BITW somewhere.

• Like 1

1:03 on-wards (the guitar part) sounds familiar, it's something off CD. As for the lyrics, seems odd all they had to work with was a couple of words. Maybe this is an insight of how Axl works, and maybe planned to fill in the repetitive lyrics with more lyrics ?

To be fair, I really don't see why anyone should get so excited about this preview.

Can someone please share?

The youtube clip is NOT a real song... fake or remix... 100%

is there something else or is this thread about this shitty remix?

That is the real thing...

could just be the vocals loop thats copywritten... that would be cause enough to have it removed... either way its nice to hear something new even if its just a 5 second loop... glad to finally see some leaks, which means a new album cant be too far off... well it could be, but imo the leaks are kinda what forced gnr or umg hand into releasing cd, so hopefully were up for round 2 now

Didn't we find out that Uzisuicidal WASN'T somebody directly related to the band?

I don't remember the story very well, maybe somebody with a good memory can clarify this.