Awesome TWAT version!

MattElias

It's cocaine on the hall, damned Axl! And he sang some of the anything for you lines on the wrong time.

Man, that was pathetic. I had not seen this videon before, and I'm sad for Axl, this is really sad.

He can't sing anymore, simply can't. He doesn't know his own lyrics, he has no breathe, no energy, no nothing.

This video is anything but awesome. Yeah, the band was top notch and the solos were truly amazing, but no one goes to Guns N' Roses concerts to see the band. 90% of the people don't give a shit if Robin Finck or DJ Ashba is playing, they actually don't even know who the fuck they are. Everyone is there for Axl and he's letting the fans down.

Change the topic title to Pathetic TWAT Version!

Edited by ManetsBR

It's cocaine on the hall, damned Axl! And he sang some of the anything for you lines on the wrong time.

Man, that was pathetic. I had not seen this videon before, and I'm sad for Axl, this is really sad.

He can't sing anymore, simply can't. He doesn't know his own lyrics, he has no breathe, no energy, no nothing.

This video is anything but awesome. Yeah, the band was top notch and the solos were truly amazing, but no one goes to Guns N' Roses concerts to see the band. 90% of the people don't give a shit if Robin Finck or DJ Ashba is playing, they actually don't even know who the fuck they are. Everyone is there for Axl and he's letting the fans down.

ManetsBR, man, you are right... I have some difficulties in what concerns about memorizing lyrics, that's why i couldn't notice it. I just payed attention on the raspy and the band, just that. His breath is bad, but not that much... Anyway, this video really is a low point.

Edited by MattElias

This is a good version:

And this is an even better one:

That was fucking 7 years ago. Everything is better: Axl's vocals, his energy, Robin's skills on his songs are way better than DJ's will ever be, the song sounds cleaner and Brain's drummin is just amazing. I respect both DJ and Frank, but Finck and Brain are much better. Well, seven years before that, Axl had not seen in public for... seven years and was only going to be seen again in two years. So yeah, it's a fucking lot of time, look how much changed.

That was fucking 7 years ago. Everything is better: Axl's vocals, his energy, Robin's skills on his songs are way better than DJ's will ever be, the song sounds cleaner and Brain's drummin is just amazing. I respect both DJ and Frank, but Finck and Brain are much better. Well, seven years before that, Axl had not seen in public for... seven years and was only going to be seen again in two years. So yeah, it's a fucking lot of time, look how much changed.

7 years? And VMA?

Edited by MattElias

7 years? And VMA?

I was talking about the 2006 video, 7 years before that was back in 1999.

7 years? And VMA?

I was talking about the 2006 video, 7 years before that was back in 1999.

Yeah, but he appeared in 2001 in 3 concerts i think, and 2002 in the VMA, so it is 4, not 7 years

There were 4 concerts on 2001, and 17 cancelled. If I'm not mistaken they were gonna play Rock Am Ring and Woodstock too. And there were 23 on 2002 plus 19 cancelled when he pulled the tour. On 2003 they had 2 concerts confirmed but they were part of the cancelled tour. On 2004 there was Rock in Rio but they also cancelled when Buckethead left the band.

What I said was that on 1999, SEVEN YEARS before 2006, he had not been seen in public for SEVEN YEARS. And not that 2006 was his first appearance in seven years.

Edited by ManetsBR

Axl could never sing TWAT properly live. Thing is - he had power and people kept paying attention to the insane screams. But he's never got close to the studio version. Always out of breath... he never did well singing TWAT. Not in 2006, not in 2009/2010.

I actually enjoy the '12 Dublin O2 TWAT performance. Axl's voice was quite good for '12 standards and the general vibe to the song, despite some hickups was also great.

Edited by trqster

Not really all that awesome because of all the hickups. He put on a good effort, but he was clearly strugling. For whatever reason he is out of breath too much. And he doesn't fight it as much as 2006. Back then he seemed to get through some of the songs with just sheer willpower and better then this.

pathetic twat version? there you go....

:lol:

Edited by Mindray11

Sucks that we don't have good Hamilton audio and he didn't play it at any of the many, many other shows in 2010 that we have superb bootlegs of and when he was singing amazingly. Hammerstein was a damn good effort, just annoying that he skipped the anything for you lines pre-solo.

I think some of the people on here are just trying far too hard to be controversial. Its a good version of TWAT. Not amazing, no. But not pathetic or lame like some people are making out to try and be all dramatic and interesting.