Do you think this forum has the most embarassing topics on the entire internet?

emcitymisfit

There was a forum run by a guy who had some kind of mental disorder -- Asperger's, I think -- where he disabled registration to anyone but himself, and posted messages to himself all day, and had characters in his head (he claimed he was getting married to a cartoon character that he wrote stories about on the forum). He had thousands of posts and he was the only user registered on the forum.

I stumbled across this on some kind of StumbleUpon type site a few years ago and it still haunts me. Before he managed to make it hidden, people took screenshots of his threads -- started and responded to all by one person -- and it was pretty insane. :lol:

Not sure if it's this one:

The Buffy Boards

33111.jpg?v=1

You can find an Internet forum for pretty much anything, from fans of My Little Pony to people who like to get peed on by fans of My Little Pony. So at first glance, the Bloody Board, a forum for fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, seems comfortingly normal. They post tweets from former cast members of the show (mostly about how much it sucks to work at this gas station now), speculate about plot points, discuss favorite episodes and fan art -- the usual stuff. But on close inspection, something's just a little off ...

33088.jpg?v=1

One user, "jamie_marsters" appears to be quite prolific, posting and replying many, many times a day. We suppose it's sort of creepy that she's taken the name of Buffy star James Marsters, and changed it to Jamie to imply familiarity, like an ex-girlfriend or an old babysitter might. A quick look at the profile statistics and things get much worse. Look at the number of total posts "jamie" has made:

33089.jpg?v=1

Huh, she must be really into the community to make almost 40,000 posts. The only problem being: There's no community. There is only jamie_marsters. Scrolling through the archives reveals that there are virtually no other users, just this one, posting non stop, replying to herself, over and over again, every minute of every day for the last six years, alone inside her own dark little echo-chamber of madness.

From Cracked.com

http://www.cracked.com/article_18792_the-7-most-unintentionally-creepy-places-internet.html

Creepy.....

There was a forum run by a guy who had some kind of mental disorder -- Asperger's, I think -- where he disabled registration to anyone but himself, and posted messages to himself all day, and had characters in his head (he claimed he was getting married to a cartoon character that he wrote stories about on the forum). He had thousands of posts and he was the only user registered on the forum.

I stumbled across this on some kind of StumbleUpon type site a few years ago and it still haunts me. Before he managed to make it hidden, people took screenshots of his threads -- started and responded to all by one person -- and it was pretty insane. :lol:

Not sure if it's this one:

The Buffy Boards

33111.jpg?v=1

You can find an Internet forum for pretty much anything, from fans of My Little Pony to people who like to get peed on by fans of My Little Pony. So at first glance, the Bloody Board, a forum for fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, seems comfortingly normal. They post tweets from former cast members of the show (mostly about how much it sucks to work at this gas station now), speculate about plot points, discuss favorite episodes and fan art -- the usual stuff. But on close inspection, something's just a little off ...

33088.jpg?v=1

One user, "jamie_marsters" appears to be quite prolific, posting and replying many, many times a day. We suppose it's sort of creepy that she's taken the name of Buffy star James Marsters, and changed it to Jamie to imply familiarity, like an ex-girlfriend or an old babysitter might. A quick look at the profile statistics and things get much worse. Look at the number of total posts "jamie" has made:

33089.jpg?v=1

Huh, she must be really into the community to make almost 40,000 posts. The only problem being: There's no community. There is only jamie_marsters. Scrolling through the archives reveals that there are virtually no other users, just this one, posting non stop, replying to herself, over and over again, every minute of every day for the last six years, alone inside her own dark little echo-chamber of madness.

From Cracked.com

http://www.cracked.com/article_18792_the-7-most-unintentionally-creepy-places-internet.html

Creepy.....

Surprisingly, it was someone else. It's disturbing to know there is more than one person out there who would do such a thing. :lol:

OK, this little story just scared me. Holy fuckin' shit. :lol:

But many of them are created with the intention of ridiculing the band and/or fan base.

Do you think this forum has the most embarassing topics on the entire internet?

NO please see here and then come back to reality lol

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/

/Thread

That made me laugh.

Edited by SoulMonster

OK, this little story just scared me. Holy fuckin' shit. :lol:

There was a thread about this forum on here several years ago.

It's gone now. :(

• 2 weeks later...