SLASH Featured On New BRIAN MAY Single 'Badger Swagger'

Streetchild

Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) is featured on a new track from Brian May to promote the QUEEN guitarist's ongoing campaign against the U.K. government's decision to cull badgers in a bid to reduce tuberculosis in cattle.

"Badger Swagger", which will be available to download from tomorrow (June 4), will feature a host of guest collaborators — including MASSIVE ATTACK's Shara Nelson and Sir David Attenborough — under the banner ARTFUL BADGER & FRIENDS.

The track's creator, music producer Rob Cass, said in a statement: "To me, all nature is beautiful.

"This track is my humble contribution to stopping the needless slaughter of badgers.

"I met the 'Artful Badger' team on a demonstration to stop the cull a few months back and we decided the best way we could help was to do what we do best, make music. We reached out to Brian May, Slash, Shara Nelson, Sam and The Womp, Sonny Green and lastly the wonderful David Attenborough, all people who care about animal welfare to contribute and they all did so happily and bringing their fabulous talents to the table. I'm very proud indeed to be a small part of this incredible team."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=190750