RickRoses & F**k Fear

Guest NGOG

Guest NGOG

This is probably not my place, but at present the moderating team lacks a GNR edge that could actually give this place the reputation of being a fan site again. I am not saying the current mid-rank positions are assumed by people with a lukewarm interest in GNR, but I definitely think either of these two posters could better represent those would still hold fairly positive attitudes towards Axl and his current management.

I think this is a great idea to add to a list other great ideas. Instead of the lackluster CAPTCHA, perhaps we should start reading people's auras before they are allowed to join the forum? I think if we have a more favorable moderating team, Axl would actually sing better, release new music, throw in the towel, and no one would have anything to complain about. It is obviously the moderators' fault for people being unhappy.

[insert ironic disclaimer that you are not really indirectly complaining about that news article ,"no disrespect"]

Guest NGOG

[insert ironic disclaimer that you are not really indirectly complaining about that news article ,"no disrespect"]

I'm over that. It wasn't the best moment this forum has had, but it wasn't the worst either except for a few quips attributable to one person in particular. Not something I would want resignations over.

This is probably not my place, but at present the moderating team lacks a GNR edge that could actually give this place the reputation of being a fan site again. I am not saying the current mid-rank positions are assumed by people with a lukewarm interest in GNR, but I definitely think either of these two posters could better represent those would still hold fairly positive attitudes towards Axl and his current management.

I think the current team already has a balanced-enough vibe as it is. I don't think we want mods who are too far towards either end of the fan-spectrum (not specifically referring to either of the two people you've suggested here BTW).

I understand what you're saying, but mods need to be able to distinguish between people who are quite validly critical of the band and people who are only here to cause trouble - not such an easy thing for an Axl fanatic, given the amount of criticism generated towards him. You'd be surprised at some of the fairly benign posts that get reported by this group.

If the overall vibe of the forum is negative, then that's a reflection of the status of the band rather than a lack of moderation. Mods aren't there to dictate how discussions should play out, they're there to keep people civil, posting within the rules and to weed out trolls. The mood around here will lift when there's something worth cheering about.