Axl as a Dad ?

Hi Marc,

Did Axl ever express to you, or in your company, that he wished to be a father and have his own family one day?

Maybe not early on young-Axl, but later on in his life? Do you think it would be one of his life regrets that he probably never will

experience parenthood?

Cheers, Scott

• 2 weeks later...

He did for a while with stephanie seymours son. Axl loved him like a son and was like a father to him while they were together

Marc, do you know if Axl ever kept in touch with Stephanie's son after they broke up? If not, do you think that may be one of the things that kind of drove him into 'exile' from the public eye for a while? Maybe that had a profound impact on him emotionally, if he just basically never saw the kid again.

Marc, Axl said this in his 2000 interview with Rolling Stone:

http://htgth.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=30

Having stayed publicly silent so long, Rose appears to view the album as a final offering-up of his side of all his myriad battles - notably with his estranged band mates and, even more painful, with his one time fiancee, supermodel Stephanie Seymour, with whom he had an ugly split. He speaks of his desire for Seymour's son to someday be able to come across the new record. ''I hope he'll hear it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the story, to hear the truth,'' Rose says a little quietly

Do you think the completed Chinese Democracy album was primarily Axl writing about his breakup with Stephanie, or do you think it ventured into other territory (the band breakup)?

I know you've listed "There Was a Time" as one of your top GNR songs on here - did Axl ever specifically say what that song was about?

Did he ever mention if any of the Chinese Democracy songs were about specific people/events? If so, can you share? I'd love to know if any songs were specifically about Slash and the breakup.

Axl seemed reluctant to say that "Sorry" was about Slash in his forum chats.

Riad may be about his ex brother in law but Axl never said anything to me about what the songs are about. I do believe that Sorry has a lot to do with Slash and or his supporters and and the press that only saw one side of the story

Marc, Axl said this in his 2000 interview with Rolling Stone:

http://htgth.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=30

Having stayed publicly silent so long, Rose appears to view the album as a final offering-up of his side of all his myriad battles - notably with his estranged band mates and, even more painful, with his one time fiancee, supermodel Stephanie Seymour, with whom he had an ugly split. He speaks of his desire for Seymour's son to someday be able to come across the new record. ''I hope he'll hear it when he grows up, if he ever wants to know the story, to hear the truth,'' Rose says a little quietly

That is still super sad. Although I'd be surprised if Dylan even really remembered Axl. He was barely three when they broke up.