Anyone think of putting a "like" button on threads and their respones, similar to what facebook has?

Ace Nova

It's a feature which I'm open to. Often you find yourself blown away by certain posts to the point where you'd like to PM the person and congratulate them on their insight. Now you can simply demonstrate your admiration by liking (which is made even more of a gesture by the fact you only have 5 likes a day).

So far I haven't seen anybody repping within certain cliques and HV's made the wise decision to impose a limit. Regards the eyesore remarks, I hadn't actually noticed it until reading the topic!

Edited by NGOG

Man you guys can be dramatic. :lol:

It's really not such a big deal, is it? I've edited the button (like I said I would, from the start) and made it much less prominent. Let's just see how this goes from here, and if people can't get used to it I can remove it later.

Can you at least make it "like - unlike" button? Like if I press the button by mistake can I UNLIKE the post I already liked?

Man you guys can be dramatic. :lol:

It's really not such a big deal, is it? I've edited the button (like I said I would, from the start) and made it much less prominent. Let's just see how this goes from here, and if people can't get used to it I can remove it later.

Can you at least make it "like - unlike" button? Like if I press the button by mistake can I UNLIKE the post I already liked?

Yes, you could do that from the start.

I've merged the two threads, there was really no need for a second one.

That's still there... Or were you just making a general statement? :lol:

If there was a way to do this for the Like button, I'd put it on - but there's not, without a lot of tweaking.

Just a general thing.

I have tried many ways to get rid of it on firefox, I succeed than it comes back lol. I was just thinking there may be a script or some other way as other things can be done.

No biggie for me was trying for others :)

The like button is stupid and looks tacky. How do I hide it?

tumblr_m1xtal2Dyw1qmlt5fo1_500.gif

:kiss:

edit: the '+1' isn't bad, but I'd still like to be able to hide it....

Seriously? Are you that OCD? (I say that tongue in cheek)...they changed the name of the button and the color from bright fluorescent green to almost match the background grey color of the forum. Like seriously, get over it. :)