I asked Beta about a new album and she replied...

ManetsBR

I voiced on page two that I felt Beta's comments were uncalled for.

However, we are not going to tolerate people calling her nasty, vulgar names. I get that the vibe right now isn't totally positive and that people are just waiting for opportunities like this to lash out, but Beta being rude to fans doesn't warrant some of the vulgarity I've seen so far. From here on out please refrain from such comments -- and if you have to ask yourself what kinds of comments I'm referring to, then you probably already know.

OK. I'm not trying to be a dick. Just looking for some clarification.

So I called Beta a cunt earlier, which, fine, is not nice. But to make a big thing about words like that and others in the thread? I don't get it. This is a GNR board and Axl is routinely called a fat, lazy, bitter, crazy, woman beating has been with a helium Mickey Mouse voice that pretty much constantly sounds like shit these days. Now, all of that is correct IMO, but why is that OK and calling Beta some names after she pulls this shit with fans isn't?

maybe it's because beta is a woman... i dunno... she deserves all the criticism she gets.

Read my post above - criticism is one thing, and I actually agree that in this case it is warranted, and if people want to agree or disagree they have a right to do so.

But calling her - or anyone else in the band - vulgar names as earlier in this thread is just another thing altogether, and that's not deserved and won't be tolerated.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, we are not going to tolerate people calling her nasty, vulgar names. I get that the vibe right now isn't totally positive and that people are just waiting for opportunities like this to lash out, but Beta being rude to fans doesn't warrant some of the vulgarity I've seen so far. From here on out please refrain from such comments -- and if you have to ask yourself what kinds of comments I'm referring to, then you probably already know.

So I called Beta a cunt earlier, which, fine, is not nice. But to make a big thing about words like that and others in the thread? I don't get it. This is a GNR board and Axl is routinely called a fat, lazy, bitter, crazy, woman beating has been with a helium Mickey Mouse voice that pretty much constantly sounds like shit these days. Now, all of that is correct IMO, but why is that OK and calling Beta some names after she pulls this shit with fans isn't?

maybe it's because beta is a woman... i dunno... she deserves all the criticism she gets.

That's kinda my guess.

I think frustrated outbursts are fine at times. Not everything has to be a reasonable discussion. Sometimes you just blow off some steam and call someone a name when they're acting like that name. It's not the end of the world. I'll leave this issue alone now.

Not what we need here.

Read my post above - criticism is one thing, and I actually agree that in this case it is warranted, and if people want to agree or disagree they have a right to do so.

But calling her - or anyone else in the band - vulgar names as earlier in this thread is just another thing altogether, and that's not deserved and won't be tolerated.

Exactly. Plus unwarranted criticism isn't going to prove anything. I think the message here is that Axl and management don't really care that the fans what a new album. So much that they consider it "complaining," which is kind of upsetting.

For the first time in years, I'm genuinely starting to lose interest in this band.

That's kinda my guess.

I think frustrated outbursts are fine at times. Not everything has to be a reasonable discussion. Sometimes you just blow off some steam and call someone a name when they're acting like that name. It's not the end of the world. I'll leave this issue alone now.

It's cool, man. I know you're not trying to instigate anything and are just genuine in seeking clarification.

Here's the deal, though. I agree it's natural to sometimes want to blow off steam, but that doesn't really give you the right to violate the rules and use vulgar terms. The message board gives you the ability to take time to articulate your thoughts. From some of the stuff you said in this topic once you started expanding on your thoughts, you made totally valid points and got your message across in a better, more articulate way. I think you actually discredit yourself by using some of the terms you did originally.

Allowing people to just use insults, call each other names, etc., really just reduces the discourse for everyone. IMO that's what's been happening to this forum more lately and why it's been sliding downward a bit, and why we're currently in the process of re-evaluating a lot of stuff moving forward.

so... let me get this straight... Axl basically drove everyone away, kept the name, released 1 album in over 15 years and now a maid and her family control GnR with no new album being worked on... yesh... makes perfect sense. just what fans wanted :rofl-lol:

Here's the deal, though. I agree it's natural to sometimes want to blow off steam, but that doesn't really give you the right to violate the rules and use vulgar terms.

You mean the rules I agreed to when I joined and totally read in their entirety? :lol:

Rules is rules. I guess I can't really argue with that.

And who is "Bing (1)" reading the thread? FBI don't u b watchin' meeeee!

Edited by magisme

See why I stopped caring about this shitty drama, Manets ? They don't fucking care about us. Boy, tons of bands would kill to see this kind of interest in new material. It's just sad to see this situation. The end for me was Rock In Rio, that was the biggest "fuck you, we don't give two shits about you".

This woman is a tremendous manipulator.

She realized from the get-go that Axl was an easy mark, and has managed to go from being the maid to essentially running the entire GNR empire. That is the sign of a great conman (or con-woman in her case).

Knowing how fragile Axl has always been emotionally she stepped right in and has leveraged their personal relationship in a way that drove away everyone in his life leaving her and her spawn to run everything.

She has done a masterful job brainwashing Axl because otherwise I don't see how he could be that blind not to see how she has ruined his career.

By acting as the gate keeper to him she gets to keep him paranoid and only trusting of her, which only exacerbates the problems he has. She is able to rake in the cash, and keep away any potential sane voices from his life that would expose the fraud that is the entire Lebeis clan.

He's Axl freaking Rose, and yet somehow he has been relegated to nothing more than a pawn in the Lebeis familiy's continued torpedoing of GNR, his legacy, and his career.

It is freaking sad. He's like a member of a freaking cult with his devotion to this family despite the toxic effect they have had on his life and career. He'll realize it one day as most do in situations like this, but by then it will be too late.

What we all wouldn't give for him to snap the hell out of it and kick the Lebeis family, Jarmo, Del James and the rest of the enablers out of his life so he can get back to being a real person again who isn't under the spell of a Brazillian house keeper.

She realized from the get-go that Axl was an easy mark, and has managed to go from being the maid to essentially running the entire GNR empire. That is the sign of a great conman (or con-woman in her case).

Knowing how fragile Axl has always been emotionally she stepped right in and has leveraged their personal relationship in a way that drove away everyone in his life leaving her and her spawn to run everything.

She has done a masterful job brainwashing Axl because otherwise I don't see how he could be that blind not to see how she has ruined his career.

By acting as the gate keeper to him she gets to keep him paranoid and only trusting of her, which only exacerbates the problems he has. She is able to rake in the cash, and keep away any potential sane voices from his life that would expose the fraud that is the entire Lebeis clan.

He's Axl freaking Rose, and yet somehow he has been relegated to nothing more than a pawn in the Lebeis familiy's continued torpedoing of GNR, his legacy, and his career.

It is freaking sad. He's like a member of a freaking cult with his devotion to this family despite the toxic effect they have had on his life and career. He'll realize it one day as most do in situations like this, but by then it will be too late.

What we all wouldn't give for him to snap the hell out of it and kick the Lebeis family, Jarmo, Del James and the rest of the enablers out of his life so he can get back to being a real person again who isn't under the spell of a Brazillian house keeper.

there's no turning back man, axl is comfortable this way, he's gonna be a big baby until he dies, TB gets their share, Axl lives in his own personal matrix and the fans are screwed.

The irony is Axl's been wearing a Elvis shirt alot lately, and we know of Elvis' "entourage" who just wanted him to a Vegas act to rake in the cash. This could very well be the same situation.

Fundermentally Axl/Team Brazil loath the fans. There ideal of a fan is jarmo: Sucks a ginger dick well. Removes any sort of criticism, no mater how innocuous. Totally controlable (by TB). Jarmo Is willing to ride the free junket (whilest being, ridden at the same time!). That is the Axl ideal for a fan: completely passive, completely humble. The rest of the fans however are a different story. They are uncontrolable and possess things actually called, opinions. Look at the way the big baby, Axl, reacts when a fan throws a coin or a plastic cup on the stage?

Edited by DieselDaisy

This here is the most depressing, uninspiring, boring time to be a guns fan in the history of guns. Worse than 03-05, atleast then we had something to look foward to. At the moment we have nothing look foward to (well us in new zealand anyway, they wont come here again anytime soon) the only hope was a new album, and that is looking less likely everytime i read some news about guns. How sad this and the band have become.

We are asked to treat their management and crew with courtesy and avoid personal attacks, which I appreciate, but I don't expect they would reciprocate that level of courtesy to their fans if they were to confront any one or all of the members here, Beta and Axl's comments to Madison being one example, irrespective as to that person's motives and intent in highlighting what at the time was a major concern regarding the question of fans being removed from concerts due to their choice of clothing.

Edited by rhiad85

Yes, I've long since questioned whether or not Beta is the Emperor to Axl's Vader. It's like the Lebeis family is purposely setting him up for failure.

Edited by LXA

If I am a 'chef' at Taco Bell, and people are making the same orders all the time, am I allowed to get upset and stop serving them food?

A more proper analogy would be :

If I am supposed to be a chef at Taco Bell and people still keep asking for Tacos after I stopped making them twenty years ago ( even though a Taco leaked in 2008 ), should I get mad at them for still believing that I am a real chef who actually makes food ?