I asked Beta about a new album and she replied...

ManetsBR

I don't care about Beta one way or the other but for those flipping out, keep in mind we could have Sharon Osbourne.

I don't think Beta has much to do with the lack of new music.

WTF are you talking about? Sharons been his manager since he split with sabbath and he's had a very successful solo career

She pretty much saved his life, gave him a stable home environment and he has released six albums in the same time that Axl has released one. Ya.....we WISH that Beta was the next Sharon Osbourne.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, she didn't offend me, but that was a certain level, disrespectful. I agree some people are making a storm in a teacup, but that was not the adequate thing to say.

Was it really a respectful conversation you initially tried to start though? I'm sure if you had have genuinely asked Beta about a new record then maybe she would have been more inclined to give you an insightful response. Instead, she chose to reply in the manner you chose to ask your question. Was that a good decision? Perhaps not, but she shouldn't be so badly demonized for merely rising to your joke.

If I had asked properly do you think she would have taken the time to reply? As if no one had ever asked this before...

Maybe not. But perhaps you would have been more satisfied with no response at all when you consider the reply you got through being ironic. Beta in the past has responded to questions about a new album, a few months ago she had said they aspire to get something out by the end of the year. They maybe don't want to keep responding to an area of questioning which at the current time has no worthwhile updates. It's fairly certain that Interscope will be dragging their heels over a new GNR album.

Edited by NGOG

I don't care about Beta one way or the other but for those flipping out, keep in mind we could have Sharon Osbourne.

I don't think Beta has much to do with the lack of new music.

WTF are you talking about? Sharons been his manager since he split with sabbath and he's had a very successful solo career

She pretty much saved his life, gave him a stable home environment and he has released six albums in the same time that Axl has released one. Ya.....we WISH that Beta was the next Sharon Osbourne.

She also has a horrible reputation, and in some years had him touring when he probably shouldn't have been, and lets not forget the Iron Maiden incident. Sabotaging another band at a major festival = cunt move. Ask Billy Corgan how good a manager she was for Smashing Pumpkins (she lasted 3 months). She has had success with Ozzy because of their relationship and Ozzy himself. Sharon should get credit for keeping him alive, yes, but that's not what is needed here.

In short, Sharon has a reputation as an absolute bitch. Meanwhile people are acting like Beta has three heads, over one fairly mundane comment. Doc, Merk, and others failed to get music out also and only Azoff had success, and that was more right place, right time with Best Buy trying to get a major exclusive and paying for the whole thing.

As I said, she didn't offend me, but that was a certain level, disrespectful. I agree some people are making a storm in a teacup, but that was not the adequate thing to say.

Was it really a respectful conversation you initially tried to start though? I'm sure if you had have genuinely asked Beta about a new record then maybe she would have been more inclined to give you an insightful response. Instead, she chose to reply in the manner you chose to ask your question. Was that a good decision? Perhaps not, but she shouldn't be so badly demonized for merely rising to your joke.

No, no, no, a million times NO.

Beta is getting money from GNR fans. GNR fans are not getting money from Beta.

Beta owes her lavish lifestyle to the fans who buy tickets to see Axl. A qualified PR person would understand this fact and would be kissing the fans' asses, not insulting them.

Can you point out exactly where Beta insults the person in question? She merely labels irrelevant replies detracting from the current touring success as 'complaints'. Would you as a manager not be exasperated by naive fans insinuating that you are doing nothing to make a GNR record happen? We falsely assume that a GNR record is not on Team Brazil's agenda based on the fact they are yet to publicly discuss such a topic in any elaborate terms. Does that mean there isn't work going on behind the scenes?

Back to your point. Did Beta reply in this way to somebody who was at a show? No, in fact she's actually responded constructively to people at the gigs that have followed a similar line of questioning relating to her management of GNR (ask Redhead).

No, no, no, a million times NO.

Beta owes her lavish lifestyle to the fans who buy tickets to see Axl. A qualified PR person would understand this fact and would be kissing the fans' asses, not insulting them.

this. she must act like a professional if she wants to play manager.

Beta owes her lavish lifestyle to the fans who buy tickets to see Axl.

Beta owes her lavish lifestyle to Axl Rose who, I read today, has a net worth of 150 million dollars.

and he got all this money by himself right? just shut up nutter.

Axl's fortune certainly doesn't rest upon the goodwill of MyGNR. Have you ever heard of investment etc.?

First off, she never said no new material. Secondly, don't make stupid remarks if you don't like stupid retorts.

This is the bottom line. This is just certain opportunists seizing any hint of Team Brazil being in any way anti-fan. How can anybody rationalize the mentality that although you hate Beta's management of GNR and express words to that effect, you expect her to behave amiably towards you?

and he got all this money by himself right? just shut up nutter.

Axl's fortune certainly doesn't rest upon the goodwill of MyGNR. Have you ever heard of investment etc.?

First off, she never said no new material. Secondly, don't make stupid remarks if you don't like stupid retorts.

This is the bottom line. This is just certain opportunists seizing any hint of Team Brazil being in any way anti-fan. How can anybody rationalize the mentality that although you hate Beta's management of GNR and express words to that effect, you expect her to behave amiably towards you?

she is the manager for fucks sake, she needs to act professionaly, how can't you understand that? if a fan asks a question, her job is to answer it professionaly cause she's the manager.

you saying the fans aren't responsible for axl's fortune and fame is just hilarious. you are a blind fanatic, and you support everything axl does.

Absolutely shocked to see people like Ali and Axl-morris defending Beta's response. Wow. Even as much as you guys worship Axl's every move, how can you say that her response wasn't disrespectful and rude. She is the band's MANAGER. Repeat that setence in your head. She is the band's MANAGER. A fan asked about a new album and instead of giving a respectful/professional answer, she responded like an angry teenage girl.

This band needs to get a real manager. ASAP.

I get where you're coming from, and I know it wasn't ok what she did, but I wouldn't crucify her for that, I mean If I was the one getting the same question from the same people all the time, then I would as well get upset, from time to time, and after all we all make mistakes, for example Axl shouldn't have let Buckethead go out of the band, Adler should have keep himself away from the drougs and Myles should be working with Alter Bridge instead of Slash. So I don't know, maybe she was upset at the moment she wrotte the message or something, anyway I still don't get why so many people hate Beta, at least she took care of Axl when there was no one else, even before the old band's demise.

You do realize, however, that she is the manager and, last time I checked, a manager's job is to keep the band moving forward. Ask Rod Smallwood. He'll tell you all about it. We get frustrated because her reply only confirms what we've feared all along, that there is nothing going on in the world of GnR, and by that I mean, they are not working on a new album. So I guess a 2014 release is pretty much out of the question. BTW, arepas fucking rule... and so does papelón con limón. :awesomeface:

Is this actually being discussed??

She's a nanny who managed to take advantage of a mentally unstable millionaire rock star through years and years of providing him what he always lacked in interpersonal relationships.

She's not a music exec who worked her way from local talent manager to managing one of the biggest selling acts of all time through years of achievements and professional accomplishments, learning the ropes and making connection.

She was a nanny, who was promoted to band manager. What kind of PR response to people expect from her?

The whole situation is totally bizarre; yet people still always ask over AND over: why won't Interscope get behind anything, why isn't DVDs coming out, why wasn't CD re-released - look who is working on it and working with the real execs who hold the purse strings. Do you think someone is going to invest money into a guy who's unstable and being managed by someone with her qualifications?? Can you imagine how amateur the business plan she offers them, while asking for 7-8 figure promotional backing??

Awesome post.

Kryie - what would be wrong with having Sharon Osbourne as the manager? Since 1995 Ozzy has released six albums of material. Axl has released ONE.

Mags - exactly. Can you imagine how ridiculous those meetings must be. Those guys must just shake their head and surpress laughter and sadness when they see Beta enter the room.

I would love to hear someone like Alan Nivens honest opinion on Beta managing the band.

Me too. Would be fairly interesting. There is a pic of them both together correct?

Because wanting an album is totally outrageous, amirite?

There is a time and place. She might have an open instagram but its usually more for her family than for fans.

there could be a 100 reasons why there isn't an album and they will have there reasons for it not to go public.

No, not when the band and band members twitter tweets links to her Instagram.

Are you seriously suggesting it is private only? Why then do TB refer to themselves as TB in such a way as to garner attention and tweet and instagram eaxh other? There was no team Merck or the Azoff Alliance.

Totally unprofessional... they are high off of being famous through association... like name droppers, but on a huge level. It's so disappointing.

Team Brazil would soon be complaining if we stopped buying gig tickets, we can't stop buying albums because there are no new ones to buy. Most bands would be glad after all these years that fans are still interested in new music but not this one.

To add to the 'complaints' there are a few that keep cropping up...

Same set list for years, there are some great songs in the back catalogue that would be great to hear live, I would also love to hear Prostitute and TWAT live.

Axl should take better care of himself, lose all the weight it would be much better for him long term health.

As sad as it sounds someone raised an interesting point did Beta, a child's nanny, seeing a sad lonely man, did she stay with Axl because she cared for him or did she see a chance to manipulate him and make herself and her kids very wealthy?

I don't care about how involved Beta is in Axl's personal business. He's a grown man and thats for him to decide - if he credits her with holding him together and sees these people of his family I think it's a real dick move for anyone else to judge him on that.

What does piss me off is Beta's attitude to fans - she used to post on HTGTH for a while a few years ago and was always, constantly an utter bitch to everyone. It's as if she sees the fans as rivals for Axl's attention, which may explain why her managerial style seems solely based on alienating them.

this has probably already been said, and im not fliping through 17 pages to quote someone... but the 2 posts that she was referring to did seem like complaints... especially the one about the shows being the same... so i dont think she was outta line... maybe she could have been a little more professional but she manages gnr, not celine dion lol i mean, personally i would have just ignored the questions/comments, but... maybe had they asked, hey beta... any idea when we'll hear any new songs ? i dont think it would have merited a response like the one she gave... but an asshole question merits an asshole response imo... not saying either side was even being an asshole here, but i guess the word would be impolite... either way, i definitely do not think this issue warrants a 17 page thread in 2 fucking days lol cmon

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

how was the question ManetsBR asked an asshole question? :question:

well i kinda backtracked on that asshole statement... i prefer "impolite" tbh... and im not sure which one is manets account since its different than on the forum... she said @ 2 ppl... dont know which one he is, but one of em was complaining (about the shows being the same) and i cant say i dont think they should shake the setlist up more, but i dont think the setlist is betas call... the other question was somthing about next stop : hit the studio j/k... so it was a joke... maybe she was trying to be funny back ?

at first i saw this thread and thought "whatever" but then 2 days later its still up here and im like wtf, so i went and read the 2 questions she replied to carefully and they werent exactly posed in the best possible way... sure she could have been a little more professional and just ignored it... and yeah theres probably tons of ppl that could manage this band better, but thats a whole other topic... but i wonder what alan nivens or doug goldsteins first job was ? probably wasnt much better than a fucking nanny... axl chose his manager cuz he can... imo he didnt want anyone who would throw him under the bus, or force him to sacrifice his own well being for others who just want new music... if beta really just wanted money, no doubt shed push him into the studio to shit out a quick album... i dont think shes calling the shots, he is... if theres anyone to blame for no new music, its him... but he'll do it when hes ready... and those that dont give a fuck about his own personal well being and would rather him be even more of an emotional wreck than he already is, just cuz they want a few new songs, well... who am i to say that aint right, but they should at least admit thats the case... come out and say i dont give a fuck about the guy as a human being, im greedy, i want something to listen to in my car on MY way to work... cuz essentially thats whats happening...

anyways im just ranting way off topic now lol sorry

i think this is someones cue to call me a deluded, misguided, pathetic, psychotic, blind Axl fan now :popcorn:

Edited by Hollywood Gunner

Better said from Beta: Fuck You Fuck You Fuck you! Had enough yet? Fuck you once again.

I dont care if its THE only question management ever has to deal with from the pee-on who still give two shits about GNR....its really not like asking some deeply personal question -its a simple PR line that generates goodwill and continued support.

Fact is they dont have game anymore...this is as good as its gonna get from here on and they know it and we are slowly getting it as well.

Edited by rockerman

Groghan why do you think the band needs a new real manager? All they do or want to do is do the same tour over and over again. How hard could that be to manage? Why would they waste money on a high profile professional when Beta seemingly gets the shows booked and that's all that's needed?

You are exactly right.

I was speaking as a die-hard Axl fan who wishes that my favorite rock singer had released more music in his life time.

I do get a little jealous of fans of bands that care about that avenue of the profession. Megadeth puts out an album every two years. Stones have something like 50 albums out. Metallica, Bon Jovi - those bands put out more material every two years than Axl does every 20 years.

On this forum, that makes me a bitter ex-fan hater cupcake full of entitlement issues. Wishing my favorite singer put out music more often than once every 20 years. And I WISH I could find another band or singer that produced music that I enjoy as much as I do Axl.........but so far, I haven't discovered that band.

But yea. Beta is perfect for what Axl has turned GnR into. Touring to smaller crowds every year, botched releases, and not caring about fans who would love to hear new music. Beta fits the bill perfectly.