I asked Beta about a new album and she replied...

ManetsBR

so... if there is no album... if all we have is this never-ending tour with the same setlist... what is this band for? Seriously. What are these people doing here?

I do wish they'd release an EP or something but I don't feel I am owed anything for following their activity. I think you are a positive person here who expresses your frustration in a fair way. A lot of the haters are on the wrong side of history because the future generations will enjoy the music unlike the people nowadays who only shower them with negative attention because for them it is easier to destroy then build. I promise that what negative people put out there comes back two-fold.

Let's just say you meant "dame".

Nope. i meant cunt.

All hate is in the c^nt of the hater.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Your majesty, I'm truly sorry for asking this, or even talk to you, but is there an album in the work? Sorry for asking, all Axl do is great. Again sorry, we're not worthy. Lol I know what I say is silly but I hope I didn't offended you".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

so... if there is no album... if all we have is this never-ending tour with the same setlist... what is this band for? Seriously. What are these people doing here?

I do wish they'd release an EP or something but I don't feel I am owed anything for following their activity. I think you are a positive person here who expresses your frustration in a fair way. A lot of the haters are on the wrong side of history because the future generations will enjoy the music unlike the people nowadays who only shower them with negative attention because for them it is easier to destroy then build. I promise that what negative people put out there comes back two-fold.

Nope. i meant cunt.

I'm just shocked. Just shocked. I had hopes we'd get a new album, at some point... but after reading what she said, nope. No album. It's so sad, really.

TombRaider, on 16 Jul 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

ohlovelyrita, on 16 Jul 2013 - 9:55 PM, said:

TombRaider, on 16 Jul 2013 - 9:40 PM, said:

magisme, on 16 Jul 2013 - 9:50 PM, said:

ohlovelyrita, on 16 Jul 2013 - 9:45 PM, said:

Nope. i meant cunt.

I'm just shocked. Just shocked. I had hopes we'd get a new album, at some point... but after reading what she said, nope. No album. It's so sad, really.

I've read many things from the members that point to something released in the near future. I actually don't think he said anything telling there really. I haven't read much of how she addresses fans so I can't read into it anyway. She seems like a amiable lady and a little peskiness back is fair game. I do think she like Manets enough to address him.

Guest charlie555

**MODS** - What are the chances of getting Beta, Fermanaleech or someone else from the camp on here for a live chat?

It is obvious that Mods have some form of contact with the band. Is it worth asking them, or do you think the possibility is probably tarnished by what happened last time?

What about arranging for a monthly thread where everyone can compile their questions and then forward them to GnR camp to be answered in writing? They could have total discretion over what is/isn't answered but at least we then know they would have a gauge on what fans want to know.

That's what I'd be working on if I was a Mod (no disrespect to the current ones).

**MODS** - What are the chances of getting Beta, Fermanaleech or someone else from the camp on here for a live chat?

It is obvious that Mods have some form of contact with the band. Is it worth asking them, or do you think the possibility is probably tarnished by what happened last time?

What about arranging for a monthly thread where everyone can compile their questions and then forward them to GnR camp to be answered in writing? They could have total discretion over what is/isn't answered but at least we then know they would have a gauge on what fans want to know.

That's what I'd be working on if I was a Mod (no disrespect to the current ones).

Bahahahahaha! You obviously aren't aware of the history of the forum. Mygnr is pretty much blacklisted since the admins don't bow down to Axl and TB. That's funny though. Edited by Dariablue

Guest charlie555

Bahahahahaha! You obviously aren't aware of the history of the forum. Mygnr is pretty much blacklisted since the admins don't bow down to Axl and TB. That's funny though.

No I'm not aware of the history of the forum sorry but I assume, as is reasonable to do so, that Management of a band would encourage any forum with fans wanting to engage in a band's material.

If that's not the way it is then that just further reinforces what everyone in this thread has been saying - Beta & Co are unprofessional and mentally unstable. I agree with that just based on an objective view of how GnR is progressing in touring and recording.

TBH if Team Brazil don't want fans then they should stop peddling their shitty merchandise and greatest hits tour to people. Why start ParadiseCity.com and all the other stupid shit if they're not interested?

New album? You idiots, this is Beta's money-machine, not your precious little band that you fell in love with in 1987.

Get it through your fucking skulls: this is not a band, this is not about music. This is about making as much money as possible, with as little effort as possible.

Beta has spoken.

And FWIW, I have fans of my own music, and when one of them reaches out to me with something like a request for new music, I view it as the ultimate praise----not a complaint.

Edited by niceguy

Idk. He could have worded it better, but it does come off as kinda cuntish on her end.

And even if it was disrespectful and/or came off sarcastic (which it didn't to the degree she apparently interpreted it), a true professional would have and should have handled that with much more grace. The best way she could have handled it was in the vain of what magisme posted. Axl should really find a professional who can at least, to a degree, properly address the fans here and there. Instead, we get a glorified leech who clearly enables Axl's bizarre way of handling his career. Especially when it comes to leaving the only people who even remotely still care about his nu music completely in the dark.

Okay everyone got right who says this was a dick move (myself included), but c'mon...
enough is enough
we don't want to act like stupid angry fanboys or if beta killed manets or something....
if nothing comes out, then sooner or later nobody shows up at the live concerts, just the average joe's and hardcore lunatics
this will be inducate a buzz on team brazil for a new release
we will see
I don't really care anymore
if something new happens cool, if not, meh

Edited by Crash Diet

I voiced on page two that I felt Beta's comments were uncalled for.

However, we are not going to tolerate people calling her nasty, vulgar names. I get that the vibe right now isn't totally positive and that people are just waiting for opportunities like this to lash out, but Beta being rude to fans doesn't warrant some of the vulgarity I've seen so far. From here on out please refrain from such comments -- and if you have to ask yourself what kinds of comments I'm referring to, then you probably already know.

However, we are not going to tolerate people calling her nasty, vulgar names. I get that the vibe right now isn't totally positive and that people are just waiting for opportunities like this to lash out, but Beta being rude to fans doesn't warrant some of the vulgarity I've seen so far. From here on out please refrain from such comments -- and if you have to ask yourself what kinds of comments I'm referring to, then you probably already know.

OK. I'm not trying to be a dick. Just looking for some clarification.

So I called Beta a cunt earlier, which, fine, is not nice. But to make a big thing about words like that and others in the thread? I don't get it. This is a GNR board and Axl is routinely called a fat, lazy, bitter, crazy, woman beating has been with a helium Mickey Mouse voice that pretty much constantly sounds like shit these days. Now, all of that is correct IMO, but why is that OK and calling Beta some names after she pulls this shit with fans isn't?

I'm not trying to be a hypocrite ( i take part of the trolling sometimes) but i feel the same way

Some posters here are gone way too far in the namecalling and posting the exact same insults over and over...

it really kills this forum, even better than the lack of new music or something

so i take your advice

So I called Beta a cunt earlier, which, fine, is not nice. But to make a big thing about words like that and others in the thread? I don't get it. This is a GNR board and Axl is routinely called a fat, lazy, bitter, crazy, woman beating has been with a helium Mickey Mouse voice that pretty much constantly sounds like shit these days. Now, all of that is correct IMO, but why is that OK and calling Beta some names after she pulls this shit with fans isn't?

Well, I think the fact that Axl gains most of the (negative) attention around here makes it harder to filter out the comments sometimes, because there are so many, but generally speaking we don't endorse people calling him names either.

I actually just sent you a PM before you posted this. What I'm getting at is that there needs to be constructive criticism, a level of civil discourse in your post, and this goes for everyone. If you are of the opinion that Axl is overweight and this affects his performance, you can voice that concern. If you think his voice is weak, you can say that, and you can debate it with people.

But you can't just call him names. Likewise, you can explain reasonably like a mature, civil person why you think Beta is a poor manager and spokesperson for the band, if that's your inclination -- but calling her a "stupid cunt" or whatever it was that you said is vulgar and against the rules of the forum. I think it also reduces the debate to indefensible name-calling which defeats the purpose, really, of a message board like this, for people to articulate their opinions reasonably.

My opinion? Beta probably shouldn't lash out at fans expressing an interest in new music, or somehow imply that such a desire is a derogatory thing. Why the hell wouldn't fans want new music? Surely fans expressing disinterest in new music would be a clearer form of "complaining"? I just can't imagine going onto a forum for Springsteen or even fucking Bon Jovi (a band I'm no fan of) and seeing their manager/PR spokesperson react that way to a fan expressing excitement for new material.