I asked Beta about a new album and she replied...

ManetsBR

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest charlie555

If I am a 'chef' at Taco Bell, and people are making the same orders all the time, am I allowed to get upset and stop serving them food?

A more proper analogy would be :

If I am supposed to be a chef at Taco Bell and people still keep asking for Tacos after I stopped making them twenty years ago ( even though a Taco leaked in 2008 ), should I get mad at them for still believing that I am a real chef who actually makes food ?

Taco Bell are still making tacos, Axl is still ... ahh ... yeah

So a fan asks the manager of Guns N Roses when we're gonna get a new album - a pretty common question among a band's fandom, normally bands would be happy and humbled that fans are that excited to hear more and their managers should certainly be enthusiastic about the future. Instead THE MANAGER OF GUNS N ROSES essentially says shut up and quit complaining! WTF

WAKE THE FUCK UP AXL!

LOOK AT HOW YOUR FANS WHO ARE STILL WITH YOU ARE BEING TREATED BY A WOMAN WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE POSITIVELY REPRESENTING YOU AND YOUR BAND!

Guest charlie555

Maybe I'm expecting too much - but I have dedicated a shit ton of money and a lot of time to this band over the years. Is it too unreasonable to want to know what lies ahead for the band?

Anybody who was a fan in the quiet years of the mid 2000s will remember how shit it was. If they don't want to release a new album can't they just tell us?

Why string the dedicated fans along with hopes of a new album. GnR know that is what the dedicated fans want - is their plan just to bleed us dry with continuous touring for the Axl Rose buffet/Retirement tour?

It would be nice to know where we stand at the very least.

I doubt even Beta knows. Only one who has any real clue as to "the band's" plans is Axl. What his plans are after the critical drubbing and relative commercial failure of CD.... :shrugs:

I really never saw the whole comparison of not keeping up with tentative plans; dealing with the aftermath, and completely keeping the few fans you have left completely in the dark. Because there is none. The latter is completely asinine.

I mean, is it too much to ask for a facebook post, a tweet, or a statement on the official site stating something like "Hey all. Right now, we're at x, sorting out plans for y sometime at this point. Stay tuned"? Even once in a while? From the head honchos themselves?

I mean, I'm personally totally convinced we'll never see new nu material officially released while Axl has a pulse, nor a reunion. But Christ, at least try to convince me otherwise, or even just entertain those who for some reason still seem to believe gullible's written on the ceiling.

Ehh...to hell with it. Enjoy another inevitable leg of more of the same kiddies. Congrats again on another job well done, Team Leeches. You sure showed all those who ever doubted you at the helm :lol:.

If I am a 'chef' at Taco Bell, and people are making the same orders all the time, am I allowed to get upset and stop serving them food?

A more proper analogy would be :

If I am supposed to be a chef at Taco Bell and people still keep asking for Tacos after I stopped making them twenty years ago ( even though a Taco leaked in 2008 ), should I get mad at them for still believing that I am a real chef who actually makes food ?

I'm dying here :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

God, the more I think about this the more pissed I get. I hope I run into TB at some point somewhere, boy will they get a piece of my fucking mind. Rude, disrespectful, ungrateful assholes.

Boycott this fucking band and teach them a fucking lesson. Wish I was this passionate about shit that actually matters...

Hey Manets,

You should have said that they shouldn't provide any new material so they can't destroy GN'R musical legacy.

And you should had ask when will they go back to Brasil with the exact same show, since you loved the last one.

You should learn how to make the right questions an stop complaining, bro.

:)

LOL It's like Beta has a firewall of buttlickers. I was pretty polite and discrete yet I was flagged as a moron who wasted his life waiting for a new album instead of enjoying the present by two or three people. Pretty sure one of them is Axl_Morris LOL :P

I was thinking about it and in the grand scheme of things it is fitting Beta is managing the band.

Axl has decided to throw his career, band, band and legacy in the toilet, so what better person to put in charge of that process than the house-keeper.

Maybe Beta doesn't even know herself if there will ever be a new GnR album. Chances are not even Axl is sure whether or not he'll ever record with his new band. However, she should've said something along the lines of we'll keep you posted or something similar.

LOL It's like Beta has a firewall of buttlickers. I was pretty polite and discrete yet I was flagged as a moron who wasted his life waiting for a new album instead of enjoying the present by two or three people. Pretty sure one of them is Axl_Morris LOL :P

I just think that if the band/TB/axl is getting you guys upset then posting here daily is only going to fuel your frustration and angry. They will have a plan and I appreciate its not the best not knowing what's going on, but what can we really do?

I was thinking about it and in the grand scheme of things it is fitting Beta is managing the band.

Axl has decided to throw his career, band, band and legacy in the toilet, so what better person to put in charge of that process than the house-keeper.

This statement is probably more profound and indicative of the current state of Guns N' Roses than I think you realized as you were typing it.

Beta is now in charge of GNR. Jesus. We should have that new album in no time...

I just think that if the band/TB/axl is getting you guys upset then posting here daily is only going to fuel your frustration and angry. They will have a plan and I appreciate its not the best not knowing what's going on, but what can we really do?
I see what you mean but it's like... I post here in 'waves', y'know? It's like once in a while my thirst for Guns N' Roses awakes and I come here to check up on stuff, discuss Guns N' Roses, etc.. The problem is, I can't just give up on Guns N' Roses. Chinese Democracy is my favorite album. I want more music like that. It's not like I think about it everyday, it's just that when I think about or listen to Guns N' Roses, I get frustrated by the fact Guns N' Roses is too good to be put to waste studio-wise, y'know?

I get frustrated by the fact Guns N' Roses is too good to be put to waste studio-wise, y'know?

And how are you so sure that the current lineup (fairly different to the CD one) will be that good on the studio creating music?

Edited by trqster

I get frustrated by the fact Guns N' Roses is too good to be put to waste studio-wise, y'know?

And how are you so sure that the current lineup (fairly different to the CD 1 one) is that good on the studio creating music?

I'm not sure but considering GnR's past efforts, I think it's safe to say I'll probably like what comes next. Yeah, this line-up's different from the CD one but I believe Axl won't let something awful be released under the GnR monicker like that. I believe he knows just what to use and what not to use when it comes to songwriting, knows how to take the band's ideas to the next level. Have you ever heard about a Paul Tobias solo song? I have never. Somehow this dude made my favorite songs in CD with Axl. I've never heard of anything by Robin outside of GnR. Axl and him wrote Better. Yeah, DJ's stuff is pretty bad outside GnR but I think Axl would know exactly what to do with the one good idea he has out of 10 bad ones. Same thing with Ron and Tommy. Dizzy and Pitman have proved themselves to be good songwriting parterns with Axl already. Plus, there's the leftovers, which I'm more excited about. Too bad it's all up to Axl.

This thread is useless and there is nothing new here. The amount of venom

spilled here is not in proportion to her alleged “crime”. She only

responded “complaining, complaining, complaining” in a semi-formal

social media to comments she has heard too many times over the years.

She was not giving a formal statement on behalf of GNR.

Some of you are giving verdicts before the jury is presented the case.

She just might be the most efficient employee (even a manager is an employee)

and a nice person. It is good to be passionate about something in life,

but it should be used to create positive things.

I don't think this means a new album's not on the cards at some point in the future, I think she's basically saying nothings ever good enough. The band don't tour - people moan, the band release an album years and years after it was first announced - people moan, the band tour prolifically for a couple of years - people moan.

Unless that plane is headed for a studio GNR have had it. I've been thinking about it, reading a few reviews and this whole touring thing has gone as far as it can go. If Axl is content at playing the same set and adding a new cover song for each new leg then fine but bugger off for a couple of years before announcing another go round the world.

If he wants to come back to Europe and play festivals or decent sized arena's again he's going to have to either bring a brand new song with him or a massively changed up set list cos theres not enough going on at these shows to generate any real level of interest.