Does anyone have the quote from Scott Weiland?

axlinkafayette

i love this part LOL

"In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

"Get in the ring, go to the gym motherfucker, or if you prefer, get a new wig motherfucker. I think I’ll resist the urge to “stoop” to your level.

Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox faced, wig wearin’ fuck! O.K. I feel better now. Don’t think for a second we don’t know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who’s the fraud now bitch?

Damn, I couldn’t imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out man and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called “band” to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player “spineless”.

We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that’s right - you bailed out on your long awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling shall we say a trifle miffed?! I won’t even list what I’ve accomplished because I don’t need to.

What we’re talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was.

Yours truly,

Scott Weiland"

"Get in the ring, go to the gym motherfucker, or if you prefer, get a new wig motherfucker. I think I’ll resist the urge to “stoop” to your level.

Oh shit, here it comes, you fat, botox faced, wig wearin’ fuck! O.K. I feel better now. Don’t think for a second we don’t know where those words came from. Your unoriginal, uncreative little mind, the same mind that had to rely on its bandmates to write melodies and lyrics. Who’s the fraud now bitch?

Damn, I couldn’t imagine people writing for me. How many albums have you put out man and how long did it take the current configuration of this so-called “band” to make this album? How long? And without the only guys that validated the name. How dare you! Shame on you! How dare you call our bass player “spineless”.

We toured our album over a year and a half. How many shows have you played over the last ten years? Oh, that’s right - you bailed out on your long awaited comeback tour, leaving your remaining fans feeling shall we say a trifle miffed?! I won’t even list what I’ve accomplished because I don’t need to.

What we’re talking about here is a frightened little man who once thought he was king, but unfortunately this king without his court is nothing but a memory of the asshole he once was.

Yours truly,

Scott Weiland"

Scott's a douche but he's right on here

Yours truly,

Scott Weiland"

looooooooooooooool :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Scott owned Axl, hard.

Scott since said he was wrong to see things that way or something like that.

I remember Slash saying it wasn't cool that Scott said that about Axl, and that it didn't represent Slash's views on the matter.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah, in an RS article a couple of years later:

I had a lot of baggage walking into my situation. I was in a band where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns n' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-q-a-stone-temple-pilots-frontman-talks-axl-rose-stps-reunion-and-tight-jeans-20080502

That Scott is an odd duck.

Edited by Orsys

i love this part LOL

"In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.' Based on his conduct in showing up at Rose's home, Axl was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case.

I always thought in this statement the part where Slash calls out his VR bandmates sounds entirely plausible and very Slash like but the part about waging a contest and Axl proving the stronger sounds un Slash like and rather more Axl ish. I think the truth of what happened that night lies in between the two versions. Edited by alfierose

Yeah, in an RS article a couple of years later:

I had a lot of baggage walking into my situation. I was in a band where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns n' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/scott-weiland-q-a-stone-temple-pilots-frontman-talks-axl-rose-stps-reunion-and-tight-jeans-20080502

That Scott is an odd duck.

What a fucking loser.

Scott's a fuckin loser.i remember at glasgow he made this long rant about the press, he was trying so hard to be appeal to gnr fans to accept him by copying axl.

Oh well he got fired by VR and STP and the only thing he's done was take more drugs and do an xmas album.

Guest Len B'stard

Quite frankly i think they're all a bunch of tarts that need to either get on with their jobs (i.e. making music) or shut the fuck up and stop behaving like little high school girls.

It was an odd response by Scott considering it followed on from the revelation that Slash turned up drunk at Axl's house badmouthing his Velvet Revolver bandmates. Slash also got caught lying to the media.

I think there was quite a time lag though before it became apparent Slash wasn't being entirely truthful. I think he initially spent a fair bit of time convincing his VR band mates that it wasn't true. I don't think he has ever admitted to saying that stuff though only that he did go to Axl's house.

I think he did say it but I think the whole Axl being stronger and winning the war part is embellished. I can well imagine Slssh being bitchy about Scott etc...but the rest sounds like wishful thinking. JMO.

Scott's a fuckin loser.i remember at glasgow he made this long rant about the press, he was trying so hard to be appeal to gnr fans to accept him by copying axl.

Oh well he got fired by VR and STP and the only thing he's done was take more drugs and do an xmas album.

Scott owned Axl with this:

Yours truly,

Scott Weiland"

looooooooooooooool :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Scott owned Axl, hard.

Lol yes he did.

Axl had to grab a couple of k7s from the Chinese Democracy era and run them down with a hummer again right after reading this lol

Edited by AndreCC

I was in a band (VR) where at the end, it was pretty much three against one. And so I'm pretty sure that it felt that way to Axl as well. I have to say this, and I'm not just saying this now because of my situation I went through, but I heard a lot of great Guns n' Roses stories you guys in the press will never hear. Everyone has made Axl out to be this horrendously crazy person, this bad guy, and I don't know him very well at all. He and I for whatever reason got almost tricked into this little media spat for a moment because one of our band members happened to run into him and said that he said something. So, my point being that having been in a band with Velvet Revolver now for five and a half years, I'm not quite so sure that it was all Axl's fault. - Scott Weiland

:hahafyou:

Truth always prevails and Scott now knows the truth.

It's been so long since it happened, how exactly did Slash get caught? If I remember correctly, Slash initially denied ALL involvement in this. He said he never showed up to Axl's house, never talked to Axl, never said anything about his band mates. Was it the book where he then admitted he turned up to Axl's house drunk (with Perla driving) and left a note with Beta?

I honestly cannot remember. Even if Scott is right, his "rant" sounds like something written by a twelve year old who think he's being really bad ass over email.

Edited by themadcaplaughs

It's been so long since it happened, how exactly did Slash get caught? If I remember correctly, Slash initially denied ALL involvement in this. He said he never showed up to Axl's house, never talked to Axl, never said anything about his band mates. Was it the book where he then admitted he turned up to Axl's house drunk (with Perla driving) and left a note with Beta?

I honestly cannot remember. Even if Scott is right, his "rant" sounds like something written by a twelve year old who think he's being really bad ass over email.

The thing is Axl lawyers used that visit in court and that's why Slash cannot lie about it anymore. I bet Axl house got security cameras n stuff. Then it's all pretty well documented.

Anyway, i think Scott n Axl are both great. And i really wish VR to go well with Scott cos i always liked Contraband. I'm not counting that piece of shit called Libertad.

Edited by Russel Nash