Changes to MYGNRFORUM.com

highvoltage

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Thank-you Mods.

And BIG THANKS TO MARC FOR STICKING AROUND. It can't be easy seeing friends get slammed on an everyday basis, and bite his tongue. I hope the changes help to keep him around, not that he wasn't. Again THANK YOU MARC.

Very nice. Thank-you Mods.

And BIG THANKS TO MARC FOR STICKING AROUND. It can't be easy seeing friends get slammed on an everyday basis, and bite his tongue. I hope the changes help to keep him around, not that he wasn't. Again THANK YOU MARC.

Yeah this.

Great choices! I mean... GREAT. Love that Don't Damn Me is gone, love that GnR D&N has been unified, love the new mod approach you guys plan on starting and I love the Seen That Movie Too section. Just sad about the international sections.

Has any decision been made about the ability to discuss/share the Chinese Democracy demos?

Discussion is totally fine, linking to them on YouTube is OK, posting direct links for download isn't permitted. Not really relevant here. :lol:

Thanks for clarifying - yeah I guess it isn't really related to this change, I was just curious since we were never really given any direct stance from you guys.

Anyways, I enjoy the changes. I only ever have time to read News and Discussion, so the more threads here the merrier.

Nice move.

Now let's see if the usual suspects can behave.

GN'R is not an easy band to love, so I can't imagine what it must be like to run a forum about it.

Let's just hope that those of us still interested in today's GN'R won't be abused for it. And vice versa.

Wowsers, when I started reading the first post I did not expect to see that (a) ALL eras of GNR would be discussed in the Discussion & News section, and (b) there would be a reasonable crackdown on trolling, but these 2 things are exactly what I would have done. Bravo and kudos on pretty much all of these changes.

Wish you guys would have addressed the the increase in racist/homophobic/bigotry posts in AG

I get the Trayvon trial, Paula Dean and all that stuff, but still...

As always, we take racism very seriously here and there has always been a rule not to post any racial remarks. Any thing of this nature will be addressed to certain members involved and action will be taken accordingly.

I think these changes are a good move. I especially like the "Side Projects" section as that is something that I and many others have been suggesting for a while. We had Former Gunners to discuss Buckethead but if we wanted to discuss Bumblefoot for example there wasn't a clear section to do so. Also, the smaller sections for Duff, Steven and so on were generally inactive. This eliminates all of that and allows for one active, convenient section.

I am also a fan of the Discussion & News just covering all Guns eras.

However, the grammar freak in me caught two things. This under the Side Projects section:

"Discussion of to solo and non-GN'R projects from all Guns N' Roses members, past and present"

And this under the Discussion & News:

"Past and present.era GN'R discussion"

I think the former would read fine without the extra "to" before "solo" and the latter should omit the "era" part and just be "Past and present GN'R Discussion" or something.

Rant over. ;)

Edited by James Bond

In general, I like what you have done.

I still think it would have been best to somehow keep the classic lineup and the current lineup separate. Just a feeling that this isn't the way to go. But by trial and error, we shall see! I could be completely wrong aswell.

I think these are great changes. As you said, the board was really oriented towards a band that wasn't really "doing anything." Unfortunately, there really isn't much to discuss about new GNR given the lack of new music and the decade-plus of touring with essentially the same setlist. I'm hoping these forum changes will lead to more interesting discussant.

In general, I like what you have done.

I still think it would have been best to somehow keep the classic lineup and the current lineup separate. Just a feeling that this isn't the way to go. But by trial and error, we shall see! I could be completely wrong aswell.

Why? Both lineups play the same music, and the inactivity of the current lineup doesn't warrant it's own area... unless you want to keep talking about Vanessa pregnancy rumors or fake interviews with Richard Fortus.

Edited by nambis