Changes to MYGNRFORUM.com

highvoltage

It will be posted here regardless because a setting like this is what the slashites have been waiting for for years.

Then the mods will move or delete it and issues suspensions to those responsible if it continues to happen.

and if you scroll a few pages back you will find my theory on how and why most likely will not happen. hopefully I am wrong.

as it is, the trolly threads are still here, no deletes, no moves, and no suspensions.

:(

edit: Why would you have to be lenient on the "first timers" here anyway? They've known for years it's not OK to post "apocalyptic love > CD" type of non-informative flame here. Now they can't control themselves and are squirting these posts here "because things are different", and it will escalate from here.

Everyone, them included, knows it's not cool. Everyone, them included, has known this for years. Yet here we now are. Tommy vs Duff who is better at bass, apocalyptic love > CD, and "Slash is more efficient as an artist than Axl". All of this exhausting, insanely non-informative trollflame, all of this in under 24 hours of the change.

please reconsider.

Seriously, give us time. It's 8 AM right now for aajoroty of the mods. I'm on my phone and don't have mod capabilities on the mobile version. We're not even 24 hours into the new changes and you're already bitching.

We're sticking by our words that we're cracking down on trolling, but it's not possible every minute of every day. Give it a rest.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be posted here regardless because a setting like this is what the slashites have been waiting for for years.

Then the mods will move or delete it and issues suspensions to those responsible if it continues to happen.

and if you scroll a few pages back you will find my theory on how and why most likely will not happen. hopefully I am wrong.

as it is, the trolly threads are still here, no deletes, no moves, and no suspensions.

edit: Why would you have to be lenient on the "first timers" here anyway? They've known for years it's not OK to post "apocalyptic love > CD" type of non-informative flame here. Now they can't control themselves and are squirting these posts here "because things are different", and it will escalate from here.

Everyone, them included, knows it's not cool. Everyone, them included, has known this for years. Yet here we now are. Tommy vs Duff who is better at bass, apocalyptic love > CD, and "Slash is more efficient as an artist than Axl". All of this exhausting, insanely non-informative trollflame, all of this in under 24 hours of the change.

please reconsider.

Seriously, give us time. It's 8 AM right now for aajoroty of the mods. I'm on my phone and don't have mod capabilities on the mobile version. We're not even 24 hours into the new changes and you're already bitching.

We're sticking by our words that we're cracking down on trolling, but it's not possible every minute of every day. Give it a rest.

I am giving you time and have said probably 10 times already that I might be wrong with everything, but I also do hope that you note that that I predicted the nasty and here it is. Now the question becomes what will be, or won't be done with it.

There was a real reason why "slash is more of an efficient artist than Axl" and "apocalyptic love > CD" wasn't posted in the old deleted sections. This is because this type of commentary is not *meant* to generate healthy discussion, it is here only to get a rise and start fights.

I respect the general idea of tidying up the amount of sections, I respect the general notion of change is for the good, but I also carry with me the idea that sometimes a change could turn out to be a mistake.

I hope the mods are not so hellbent on "sticking to your words" that you won't change the scheme again if it becomes established that the current state of affairs is to the detriment of basically everything, as it is beginning to look like.

Thank you and have a nice day, this is the last bitch+whine from me for now.

please reconsider.

I am giving you time and have said probably 10 times already that I might be wrong with everything, but I also do hope that you note that that I predicted the nasty and here it is. Now the question becomes what will be, or won't be done with it.

There was a real reason why "slash is more of an efficient artist than Axl" and "apocalyptic love > CD" wasn't posted in the old deleted sections. This is because this type of commentary is not *meant* to generate healthy discussion, it is here only to get a rise and start fights.

will NOT

I respect the general idea of tidying up the amount of sections, I respect the general notion of change is for the good, but I also carry with me the idea that sometimes a change could turn out to be a mistake.

I hope the mods are not so hellbent on "sticking to your words" that you won't change the scheme again if it becomes established that the current state of affairs is to the detriment of basically everything, as it is beginning to look like.

Thank you and have a nice day, this is the last bitch+whine from me for now.

Take a breath man. geez.

Threads about Slash that do not pertain to GnR will be moved, tagging Axl on to a topic about Slash's solo career will not guarantee it a slot in the D+N section.

Give us time, give the members time.

We get your point, now let's see if things start to fall in to place.

Also, referring to members as "Slashites" and "Axl Nutswingers" is the kind of antagonistic angle we're looking to put a cap on in here.

Everyone has the Attitude section for that.

Keep the "Slashite" comments in there, that's what it's for. ;)

Thanks

While im more of a new era fan, is really good to see Slash n the old lineup threads in the main section. The Band n TB already done this in Paradise City Backplane and it's awesome.

i hope this doesn't derail in some weird shit again.

People are complaining at the backplane also. I talk to "The General" quite often.

Fans don't want to see pictures from 20 years ago...they want new music by the current lineup and Axl.

Volcano - enough. No one is making you try and like the restructuring but the fact that you don't doesn't make it okay for you to make stupid threads and act like your holier than fans that don't prefer the current band. Consider this your verbal warning.

Volcano - enough. No one is making you try and like the restructuring but the fact that you don't doesn't make it okay for you to make stupid threads and act like your holier than fans that don't prefer the current band. Consider this your verbal warning.

lol a "verbal warning"

What are you a cop?

Focus on the cupcakes dude not fans like me.

lol a "verbal warning"

What are you a cop?

Technically yes, we are cops of the forum, with HV and Subs being two different Chiefs.

Also, fans can be cupcakes too. Just sayin'.

You saying that people would rather buy new music from the current band than look at pictures from 20 years ago, and personally I agree and would love that, except for the fact that we can't because there is no new music. Also, ParadiseCity posts stuff from the old band all of the time, so what's the difference really in people making threads discussing the old band on here in the same section as the current band?

lol a "verbal warning"

What are you a cop?

Technically yes, we are cops of the forum, with HV and Subs being two different Chiefs.

Also, fans can be cupcakes too. Just sayin'.

You saying that people would rather buy new music from the current band than look at pictures from 20 years ago, and personally I agree and would love that, except for the fact that we can't because there is no new music. Also, ParadiseCity posts stuff from the old band all of the time, so what's the difference really in people making threads discussing the old band on here in the same section as the current band?

It's ok to discuss the old band now but Apocalyptic Love has nothing to do with the old band.

Personally I like the changes. I never understood the point in seperating Old Guns and New Guns discussion.

As for the NuGuns nutswingers whinging about the changes, if you see the current band as a legitimate continuation of Guns N Roses then why seperate the discussion?

A day later and I'm just loving the new boards! ^_^ It's really much nicer like this. The only thing I'd personally change is remove the separate VR section under Side Projects. They're not really an active band and there's more going on with Slash than VR right now. So they don't really need one. But that's a minor thing! Overall I'm digging having one big GnR section. The tv/movie section is doing great as well! :)

Hope the international section will be dropped too. It's just clogging up the board imo.

D&N including all GnR era discussion will result in more cupcake activity

Yeah, they're kind of free to cupcake anytime, everywhere. You have to wonder why all of the cupcakes are extremely happy now. Not that I still care enough to post and argue like I used to, though.

Good luck with the changes.

Whatever, man. Keep feeding the cupcakes and let's see how it goes. :)

While im more of a new era fan, is really good to see Slash n the old lineup threads in the main section. The Band n TB already done this in Paradise City Backplane and it's awesome.

i hope this doesn't derail in some weird shit again.

People are complaining at the backplane also. I talk to "The General" quite often.

Fans don't want to see pictures from 20 years ago...they want new music by the current lineup and Axl.

In case you have failed to notice, there is no new music for the fans to enjoy or discuss. By your logic every site including PC should just close and forget it. PC works because they are open to ALL fans of the band, embrace the future sure but forget the past? Certainly not.

The news is dried up, yet you are still here telling fans to discuss new music? WTF dude, you are posting here as well with ZERO movement from the band in a forward thinking manner.

DO I support the changes here? Yes, because the fans want to talk openly about the band they love, you can't possibly love the new band without at least enjoying the old. It is why most of us are here or anywhere, it is also why the new band can tour, because of the old band...

I support the new layout, although I highly doubt the cupcakes will stop. It is typical of where we are at again, even with new music the fans of old who hate the new will hate it without even giving it a chance...

I like the idea in principle. I rarely post now though due to what I feel is a negative resource as of late.

The band have done nothing to propel into the future, touring although makes money does nothing to ignite a starving fanbase. IMO

So ya I will hang out, read here and there but won't be actively participating much as I see no indication anything will change anytime soon, and while some of you moan and bitch I will be enjoying the music that was created and reminiscing on the memories made.

Volcano, you should throw on some Guns and enjoy it. :) I know I am :)

There are no digs here, just a word of advice... Enjoy what we have...

Edited by gunsguy

And that's why we have the Side Projects sub-forum...

And that's great.

I will stop bitching and give you guys a chance to see if the trolling will be controlled from now on.

dude, whats your problem, almost everyone is being optimistic and positive with this changes, nothing bad has happened to be so angry

Mods: congrats for putting your effort & time in this forum to make it better due to the circumstances of no new music and news.

Edited by ignaliza

A day later and I'm just loving the new boards! ^_^ It's really much nicer like this. The only thing I'd personally change is remove the separate VR section under Side Projects. They're not really an active band and there's more going on with Slash than VR right now. So they don't really need one. But that's a minor thing! Overall I'm digging having one big GnR section. The tv/movie section is doing great as well! :)

Hope the international section will be dropped too. It's just clogging up the board imo.

hear hear!

hear hear!

Positive all-round. Means more threads, huzzah!