Should we be begging for hoarders to leak something?

AndreCC

Should we be begging for Hoarders to leak something now?

It seems there's a long way until we get new music. Years most probably. I would say one or two years.

It seems that the only way we're going to get to hear new music is if someone that has access to it leaks it.

Should we be begging this people to show up and leak something. Whether it's a very rough demo of a song, a b-side, something that will never be released and is completely removed from the band's plans or even a clip of only a few seconds of music to taunt us?

(this topic was made for discussion only)

Problem is that we have no idea of what they want. If i knew what they wanted i would make an offer or join a couple of people to make an offer.

Speak up Traders!

The only thing i'm sure is that a long wait seems to be just starting.

2 new songs would keep me content for another year.

2 news songs would be good, i'm not even asking for 2. 1 song would be amazing already.

Imagine if The General or Silkworms leaked? It would be awesome to be able to hear it.

I'm going try this approach and hopefully get GNR material:

Dear OP, pwease pwease pwease can you give me that 8 track CD?

7582720_4794.jpg

2006/2007 was the most Epic era of NEW GNR. We had the leaks just prior to touring, then we had the touring then some more leaks, then we finally had the album. And it was awesome!

This time it wouldn't have to be so many songs. I'm completely against leaking more than 2 or 3 songs...cause it will hurt the new album. But 1, 2 or 3 songs max will generate buzz until they go out on tour again. Plus it will give Axl the artistic freedom to actually play those songs live.

I think the camp or someone should definitely make it happen.

Nop. I am against leaks. I understand the frustration caused by the silence and the lack of a new record but leaking something without the band´s consent is a big disrespect towards the band we are fans of. I know a lot of you are sick and tired or waiting and of the endless touring but there are more important things in life than those and a lot of things to do than obsessing over a rock band to the point of "begging" for a release or a leak.

Hey dude weren't you one of those people claiming to have stuff?

You could just drop this "doctor, my friend has this problem in the bedroom" routine and beg for us to pay attention to you directly.

Edited by Flayer

If we were guaranteed a new album on November 2014 would anyone NOT listen to any leaks?

No, I would still listen.

Nov 2014 is still almost a year-and-a-half away. We haven't heard new music from Axl since 2008.

I've never understood why people choose to not listen to leaks. People say it ruins the "first time" experience when they initially hear the album. Think about that statement. I listened to SOD probably 2,500 times before the album came out. What is more pleasurable for a fan of a band. Hearing a song 2,500 times over a six year period or that first 3-minutes that you hear a song? I'll take the 2,500 times of enjoyment.

If the leak is exactly like the final product - why wouldn't you want to hear it six years earlier? Or here it 2,500 times more often?

If the final version is different than the leak - then you haven't lost that "first time from the album experience" as you are hearing a different version! So 2,500 times of leaked version, and then you get the album version experience as well.

If we were guaranteed a new album on November 2014 would anyone NOT listen to any leaks?

Nov 2014 is still almost a year-and-a-half away. We haven't heard new music from Axl since 2008.

I've never understood why people choose to not listen to leaks. People say it ruins the "first time" experience when they initially hear the album. Think about that statement. I listened to SOD probably 2,500 times before the album came out. What is more pleasurable for a fan of a band. Hearing a song 2,500 times over a six year period or that first 3-minutes that you hear a song? I'll take the 2,500 times of enjoyment.

If the leak is exactly like the final product - why wouldn't you want to hear it six years earlier? Or here it 2,500 times more often?

If the final version is different than the leak - then you haven't lost that "first time from the album experience" as you are hearing a different version! So 2,500 times of leaked version, and then you get the album version experience as well.

Well as much as I love CD when it came out I already knew 3/4 of the songs. It was very anticlimactic and unfulfilling after waiting so many years.

I subscribe to this, great post!

If you have ANY sense of pride AT ALL, you don't beg some scumbag to leak unreleased GnR material. It's what people like MSL get off on.

Well maybe that's been the problem all along...We start insulting people when we know they have stuff we don't have.

Maybe we should have a more humble approach. After all credit is due if they got something.

If I woke up tomorrow and this was happening I would not listen to any leaks if there were any.

If I remember correctly only three songs were new to me when I bought Chinese Democracy (Scraped, Sorry and This I Love).

2 new songs would keep me content for another year.

2 news songs would be good, i'm not even asking for 2. 1 song would be amazing already.

Imagine if The General or Silkworms leaked? It would be awesome to be able to hear it.

I honestly hope all the recordings of Silkworms get lost, stolen, set on fire, shot with a shotgun and thrown in a garbage dump in Liberia.

Not bothered for new songs.

I feel the sudden urge to insult you.

my opinion of unreleased leaks that they were not good enough for chinese so were left out. So take that one song you don't like on chinese (for me its 'if the world') and the leaks are going to be worse than that.

I believe there are other songs from the CD era but i don't believe they are anywhere near as good as what we've got.

Silkworms was a laughing stock a few years back, now it has this nostalgia about it..

Well as much as I love CD when it came out I already knew 3/4 of the songs. It was very anticlimactic and unfulfilling after waiting so many years.

BUT you got to listen to those 10 songs for the past 1-to-7 years.

OK. Imagine it like your first time.

Your GF says "i'm gonna let you lose your virginity to me on your 18th birthday"..........but then you and her can't wait, and you end up doing it for your 16th birthday. And you make love every day for the next two years. Then your 18th birthday finally rolls around. Sure, doing it that day is anticlimatic and unfulfilling compared to if it had been your FIRST time. But would that first time be worth the two years of amazing sex you had with her already?

Like I said. Did I get some big excitement out of hearing SOD off the album for the first time? Nope. But the fact that I'd been listening to that song for 6-7 years and probably 2,500 times held more weight for me than listening to it ONE time in 2008. I'll take 2,500 listens over ONE listen every day of the week!!!!