Guns N' Roses Twitter post about New Album!

Jakey Styley

Great post from ER!!! Gunzen should just leave this forum. I don't understand why the die-hard Axl fans simply don't leave and start posting at /Jarmo's place where Axl is treated like a God. This place is for sane people, not lunatics.

Seriously, the "axl dont owe you anything" excuse should result in instant ban. Can't stand this.

Gunzen has every right to post here and express his opinion. If he is truly 100% content with the state of the band right now, that's great for him and I'm envious. However, he just shouldn't expect all fans to feel the same way that he does, and shouldn't be quite so hostile towards those who share differing viewpoints.

Also, a friendly reminder to everyone to keep it civil. You'll notice i probably just wrote one of the most negative breakdowns of the state of GN'R so I'm hardly saying people have to be praising the group to continue posting here. However, as per the rules, name-calling, insults, thoughtless attacks against Axl/the band will be removed and result in removal of posting rights in this section. So keep it constructive. :)

Can someone post that 3 second audio clip saying Thanks a lot, Team Brazil?

What was disturbing was Fortus answer about the recording of the new álbum.When he said he doesnt know if Axl was in the studio because maybe he was at the studio 5 min after they have gone or late at night.

And people bitch becuase some of us,sometimes consider this band a joke? what kind of band Works like this?

That was a BBA fabrication, and didn't Richard deny it's authenticity?

Great posts the last two days ER!

People should ignore Gunzen. He might be the most angry guy on this forum. Almost all of his posts are just him attacking other posters and telling them how they should think or what they should do. You have to also remember this is the guy who constantly bashes people for judging Axl from youtube videos of shows that they didn't attend......but also made a post saying that Axl still sounds great, because his wife saw 30 seconds of a YOUTUBE VIDEO from a GnR show!!!!

At this point, GNR is just Axl touring the old albums with a sprinkle of CD to keep the guys thinking they’re in a band. Either the label is not interested in a new album with original material or Axl is too paranoid, lazy or demoralized to hand over a record to the label. I think the label would rather release a CD with old material anyway because it would sell more. A best of album would most likely be released within the next few years if a new album isn’t released. The label probably still holds out hope the original band will get back together and make an album that’s why they probably haven't released another greatest hits or best of albums to rid them of GNR. Whatever the contract is, it’s getting pretty damn close for the label to go nuclear and start releasing shit without Axl’s consent. Love GNR, but nothing is ever going to change. It's always been this way. When it's official that's when we will know. There will be no chatter or hints. Only a handful of people know whats going on and that doesn't include the rest of the band members. Buckethead left because of this same exact shit. It took a deal with best buy to release the last record, I don't see another deal like that happening, especially with the current "management." As long as the paycheck is big, the Band (employees) will stick around.

It's such a shame, Axl has had the perfect oppurtunity to launch this band, it's clear he's lost the desire, His voice is nearly gone, he looks awful and he's turned too nice, he's lost his edge, the fire and anger that made him so cool.

I will always love gnr and listen to them often but a huge part of Axl and GNR is dead, so very sad.

Edited by BITCHSLAPRAPPIN234

One thing I have to concur with Gunzen on is that I also can name a dozen friends that purchased CD and exactly zero of them had ever even heard of any GN'R forum until I mentioned the forums to them. While ER very well may be correct in that it is not "soccer moms" who purchased the album, it wasn't solely those on this or any other GN'R forum who purchased the album, based on my experience.

Ali

In the world of academia, there is the phrase: the plural of anecdote is not data. Which basically can be interpreted to mean that because you, and another poster, know a handful of people that bought the album, and are not members of the GnR on line community, does not invalidate ER's thesis that it was, and is, the online community that held out hope, for what most others in the industry had concluded, was a clusterfuck.

What exactly are you disputing? It seems you are making a strawman argument here. Where did I say anything about holding out hope?

All of the people I know who bought the CD album have never been to a single GN'R forum. Therefore, I said that based on my experience it wasn't just those of us on the forums who bought the album.

You concurred with Grunzen's false analogy in that your all's anecdote concluded This is made up horseshit, and complete speculation, Hence, that ER's thesis was "made up horse shit, complete speculation".

EDIT: Curious Ali, In my 8 years participation in the on-line GnR community, I have yet to see on disparaging remark about the band on your behalf; I don't think I have ever seen you admit that mistakes have been made by Rose and Co.

Perhaps, I am wrong-- I don't monitor every post to every site-- but the persona you exude is one of blind allegiance.

First point - I agreed with a specific part of Gunzen's post and found an analogous situation myself with the people I know. Anything else is you putting words in my mouth.

Ali

One thing I have to concur with Gunzen on is that I also can name a dozen friends that purchased CD and exactly zero of them had ever even heard of any GN'R forum until I mentioned the forums to them. While ER very well may be correct in that it is not "soccer moms" who purchased the album, it wasn't solely those on this or any other GN'R forum who purchased the album, based on my experience.

Ali

In the world of academia, there is the phrase: the plural of anecdote is not data. Which basically can be interpreted to mean that because you, and another poster, know a handful of people that bought the album, and are not members of the GnR on line community, does not invalidate ER's thesis that it was, and is, the online community that held out hope, for what most others in the industry had concluded, was a clusterfuck.

What exactly are you disputing? It seems you are making a strawman argument here. Where did I say anything about holding out hope?

All of the people I know who bought the CD album have never been to a single GN'R forum. Therefore, I said that based on my experience it wasn't just those of us on the forums who bought the album.

You concurred with Grunzen's false analogy in that your all's anecdote concluded This is made up horseshit, and complete speculation, Hence, that ER's thesis was "made up horse shit, complete speculation".

EDIT: Curious Ali, In my 8 years participation in the on-line GnR community, I have yet to see on disparaging remark about the band on your behalf; I don't think I have ever seen you admit that mistakes have been made by Rose and Co.

Perhaps, I am wrong-- I don't monitor every post to every site-- but the persona you exude is one of blind allegiance.

First point - I agreed with a specific part of Gunzen's post and found an analogs situation myself with the people I know. Anything else is you putting words in my mouth.

Ali

How cute. You attempt to define the argument, Ali.

Answer my question, Ali. "pathology"=clusterfuck=Axl=band=???=profit

Ali

First point - I agreed with a specific part of Gunzen's post and found an analogous situation myself with the people I know. Anything else is you putting words in my mouth.

Ali

Actually, Ali agreed w my rant post about fakeGnR yesterday!

At least TB have clarified that nothing is in the pipeline for immediate release. Couldn't give a shit how they worded the tweet personally, better than the real dark periods where we went literally years with no communication or updates at all.

They also may have opted for a short Twitter reply simply to avoid media outlets reprinting 5 answers about new music, which isnt forthcoming, as an interview/article. When/if something is ready maybe Axl/TB will come here first since you've extended an olive branch in an attempt to rebuild band/fan relations.... then torched it just days later :thumbsup:

Gunzen and ER both made valid arguments, enjoyed your posts :)

Ali

First point - I agreed with a specific part of Gunzen's post and found an analogs situation myself with the people I know. Anything else is you putting words in my mouth.

Ali

How cute. You attempt to define the argument, Ali.

Answer my question, Ali. "pathology"=clusterfuck=Axl=band=???=profit

While I admire your defense of my post, I have to defend Ali a bit as well and point out that he was only refuting the one point and using anecdotal evidence. For the record, I wasn't trying to imply that only online fans went out and bought the album. My point was that a majority of us did, some of us even bought multiple copies; whereas it's probably fair to assume a majority of the average casual listeners who attend GN'R concerts did not. If they did, the sales would have been much higher, and the album would have made more of an impact outside the fanbase. No one talks about Chinese Democracy anymore, even as a punchline. It's like it just came and went, which sucks, because I do think it's a good album.

Great post from ER!!! Gunzen should just leave this forum. I don't understand why the die-hard Axl fans simply don't leave and start posting at /Jarmo's place where Axl is treated like a God. This place is for sane people, not lunatics.

Seriously, the "axl dont owe you anything" excuse should result in instant ban. Can't stand this

Gunzen has every right to post here and express his opinion. If he is truly 100% content with the state of the band right now, that's great for him and I'm envious. However, he just shouldn't expect all fans to feel the same way that he does, and shouldn't be quite so hostile towards those who share differing viewpoints.

Also, a friendly reminder to everyone to keep it civil. You'll notice i probably just wrote one of the most negative breakdowns of the state of GN'R so I'm hardly saying people have to be praising the group to continue posting here. However, as per the rules, name-calling, insults, thoughtless attacks against Axl/the band will be removed and result in removal of posting rights in this section. So keep it constructive. :)

As a rule I don't tell others how to live their lives, and don't waste time with things I don't like. I am not a victim, and you sir sound like a jilted lover. I would love Axl to do more, but I am a realist and don't blame others expect others to provide me with happiness.

It's a free country ER stop telling other people know to live their lives. He is a musician, not your kid. It is embarrassing to read you whine like this. Really it is. He is a 51 year old man who lives in Malibu, WTF is it to you?

I don't need you saying I have a right to my opinion. You are the boss of nobody,including me and an agin 51 year old rock star in the twilight of his career. It is so dopey reading your long winded dissertation about something you have no utility in, or ant proprietorship to.

I don't need your permission or approval to post. Get the fuck over yourself, really.

Edited by Gunzen

As a rule I don't tell others how to live their lives, and don't waste time with things I don't like. I am not a victim, and you sir sound like a jilted lover. I would love Axl to do more, but I am a realist and don't blame others expect others to provide me with happiness.

It's a free country ER stop telling other people know to live their lives. He is a musician, not your kid. It is embarrassing to read you whine like this. Really it is. He is a 51 year old man who lives in Malibu, WTF is it to you?

You are a forum lobbyist for a 51 year old millionaire's right to do nothing. I salute you my friend!

MYTB.png

As a rule I don't tell others how to live their lives,

I made it very clear that I am not deluded into thinking that Axl owes us anything. But as fans who have been led to believe in this band and its future by the man himself, we have every right to feel disgruntled with lack of music. We should not be made to feel guilty for desiring, even expecting, new music based on various comments and actions over the years with those associated with the band. If Axl had come out in 2002 and said he had no intentions of releasing new music or rebuilding the GN'R image after ChiDem and simply wanted to tour, I think no one here would feel misled or disgruntled. Furthermore, there might be no one here.

and don't waste time with things I don't like.

I think judging from my impassioned comments it's pretty clear that I like Axl Rose and this band.

I am not a victim, and you sir sound like a jilted lover. I would love Axl to do more, but I am a realist and don't blame others expect others to provide me with happiness.

Where am I blaming anything on anyone?

It's a free country ER stop telling other people know to live their lives.

Where did I tell anyone how to live their life?

He is a 51 year old man who lives in Malibu, WTF is it to you?

He is a musician with a worldwide fanbase. Re-read your question and consider its inherent lack of sense.

I don't need you saying I have a right to my opinion.

Um, I was defending you. Another poster suggested you should leave the forum forever and I said you had a right to your opinion...

You are the boss of nobody,including me

Oh, really? :awesomeface:

It is so dopey reading your long winded dissertation about something you have no utility in, or ant proprietorship to.

"Dopey" is a word that can accurately describe many things on this page... :tongue2:

I don't need your permission or approval to post. Get the fuck over yourself, really.

Again, in case you missed it: I was defending your right to post here...but if you keep up insulting posters - whether it's myself or others - with your hostility and continue to prove yourself incapable of a mature, reasonable debate, you will have your "approval to post" taken away. Scale it back a bit.