Guns N' Roses Twitter post about New Album!

Jakey Styley

Has it been confirmed Vanessa is pregnant? Maybe that's the reason for what looks like some upcoming time off.

That would only mean that she and her boyfriend won't join them on tour. Im jot so sure she has much of a managerial position like like beta and fernando have.

I can't see the multi million dollar tours being put on hold for one baby.

Completely disagree. Beta is going to be a Grandma! Fernando an uncle. Axl an "uncle" as well. I don't see this inseparable group of people going off in all different directions around the world. Beta especially will want to stay close to Vanessa's side. And wherever she is, Axl is not far behind. So if both Beta and Vanessa are out of commission, that only leaves Fernando possibly. Yeah, I can understand why there's nothing planned for the near future.

It's a shame then that they don't have these things called "studios" in many different cities for musicians who may not be able to travel.

Also a damn shame that while recording Chinese Democracy, Axl didn't just stay in the studio for a few years working on like a hundred songs. That way, he could release more than one album without returning to the studio at all!

They also posted that same comment on FB. The abusive response comments on there toward the band are amusing and proof that its not just the die hard fans that are pissed with the situation.

It also got over 5K "likes". I guess some people aren't really complaining about this update ;)

Yes those 5000 likes come from fanatical South Americans, mostly friends and family of Team Brazil I imagine.

Why even bother to put that on their twitter account?

I guess whoever they are is tired of us complaining about nothing new about music, etc.

We are better off checking out the other members' twitter accounts. At least Ashba tells you what he's doing and I bet the other guys do too.

Axl is doing his vanishing act again.

No band treats their fans like this, i ain't buying another GN'R release nor going to another show.

Axl doesn't owe us new music. if he chooses not to release a damn thing for the rest of his life i'd be fine with that

but don't shit where you eat. Guess he hasn't heard that one yet.

Generally speaking, i have lost interest in tours, albums and DVDs. When things get confirmed don't let me know. Thanks for your ignorance.

Time to go and support some real bands and artists.

Maybe if we all do this and the supposed new album sells 5000 copies in it's first week Axl will realize that has treated his fans with no respect.

I don't think it's team brazil.....

This happened for years before TB was incharge, it's nothing new.

I don't think the response is ignorant, I don't think it's harsh, I think it's the best way they can put it.

Fans are asking for music, a tour, and a dvd, and axl isn't giving them anything. Team brazil had 3 choices.

1. Do nothing and make fans think they're ignoring them.

2. Release a statement blasting axl for not releasing stuff.

3. Do what they did, release a blanket statement which pretty much indicates they have no clue what's going on.

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me.

But Jesus Christ. I think we can all agree by now that being told tentative plans that can, and probably will, change is better than being completely left in the dark, no?

I mean, how fat fucking hard is it to say "hey guys. Thanks for all the support. Right now we're at point a, and would like to do this, this, and that, and hopefully get to point b somewhere alround here. Please understand that these plans are tentative and subject to change. Thank you." with heavy emphasis on the latter? Took me literally 30 seconds to type that on my phone.

Now more than ever, Axl and team leeches deserve the spit that's spat on them from the people who still care about his nu project (for whatever reason).

Cant wait to hear dj's next tweet about how axl loves the 24 songs he now has.....lmao

Honestly, at this point, who out there honestly takes one damn thing DJ says seriously?

Definitely not me - for that matter who takes anything anyone from this band says seriously from those not named axl rose

I hope we are going to get some more information than this. This is rediculous and a slap in the face to all the fans who have stuck by them thru the years. Really dissapointed in that response, no professionalism and absolutely no emotion to show fans that they care at all. Pathetic.

Doesn't surprise me.

But Jesus Christ. I think we can all agree by now that being told tentative plans that can, and probably will, change is better than being completely left in the dark, no?

I mean, how fat fucking hard is it to say "hey guys. Thanks for all the support. Right now we're at point a, and would like to do this, this, and that, and hopefully get to point b somewhere alround here. Please understand that these plans are tentative and subject to change. Thank you." with heavy emphasis on the latter? Took me literally 30 seconds to type that on my phone.

Now more than ever, Axl and team leeches deserve the spit that's spat on them from the people who still care about his nu project (for whatever reason).

I don't agree at all.

The problem is that people will take any tentative plans to heart no matter how much it is stressed that they are in fact tentative plans. And then, if said tentative plans fall through for whatever reason, the disappointment will be more than there would've been if nothing had been said at all.

IMO this happened time and time again in the run-up to the release of Chinese Democracy. Whether it was Tommy's comment about the album being a "hair's breadth from being finished", or whatever other example you want to use, I feel those comments amped up anticipation, which in turn created a bigger letdown when the reality of the situation became clear. Tommy made that comment in 2004. Chinese Democracy came out in 2008.

So, based on examples like those, I don't think it is of any real benefit to speak about unconfirmed plans. I do think it is nothing more than a cover-your-ass move from the band's perspective, but an understandable one as I see it based on history. IMO it really only makes things worse to speak about something before everything is confirmed in the event that something falls through.

Ali

Cant wait to hear dj's next tweet about how axl loves the 24 songs he now has.....lmao

Honestly, at this point, who out there honestly takes one damn thing DJ says seriously?

Definitely not me - for that matter who takes anything anyone from this band says seriously from those not named axl rose

DJ's been spouting that "12 demos" nonsense for two years now with zip to show for it, so that's nothing new. In fact, I'm surprised he continues to embarrass himself by bringing it up in interviews. I don't doubt he's recorded and sent Axl stuff. But c'mon DJ....Really!? Axl can't even bring himself to release an album he has finished from the Chi Dem recordings, let alone spend the years and years it would take for him to record your stuff.

While blunt, I prefer Ron's "We ain't done shit." approach, as at least it's direct and leaves no room for doubt.

Sorry, but from what I'm seeing around here, fans seem to be much more frustrated suffering in near complete silence compared to being let down by tentative plans being pushed to later. The latter seems to be the lesser of two "evils".

And the latter also gives the fans hope that Axl's at least trying. Something that many seem to believe he's not anymore.

I can't see Axl revealing what he would like to do, how he wants to it, and when he would like to see it done, making fans more enraged than by not saying dick at all. As long as he heavily emphasizes the plans are tentative. That alone would be enough to make fans even somewhat happy as it would show Axl has some ambition left to at least TRY to get shit done. Again, as critical and bitchy as people were during that waiting period, seems to me they're more bitchy now by Axl nearly completely isolating us. Because from where I'm standing, it just seems like he wants to mostly milk the heyday till "GNR" truly ceases to exist, and is just going through the motions. Which is fine if that's what he wants to do. But Christ, throw the fans a bone already. It'd be a nice gesture.

Edited by Bobbo

Sorry, but from what I'm seeing around here, fans seem to be much more frustrated suffering in near complete silence compared to being let down by tentative plans being pushed to later. The latter seems to be the lesser of two "evils".

And the latter also gives the fans hope that Axl's at least trying. Something that many seem to believe he's not anymore.

I can't see Axl revealing what he would like to do, how he wants to it, and when he would like to see it done, making fans more enraged than by not saying dick at all. As long as he heavily emphasizes the plans are tentative. That alone would be enough to make fans even somewhat happy as it would show Axl has some ambition left to at least TRY to get shit done. Again, as critical and bitchy as people were during that waiting period, seems to me they're more bitchy now by Axl nearly completely isolating us. Because from where I'm standing, it just seems like he wants to mostly milk the heyday till "GNR" truly ceases to exist, and is just going through the motions. Which is fine if that's what he wants to do. But Christ, throw the fans a bone already. It'd be a nice gesture.

Well, I have to disagree. I, for one, remember a great deal of outrage directed to any band members, like Tommy Stinson, who said anything at all about CD and how close it was to being finished and/or released, only later to see those comments were not accurate. I recall expressions of feelings of being mislead or led on. Which, I think were fair.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it aligns with history in terms of how fans reacted to comments about tentative or unconfirmed or vague plans when those plans feel through.

Ali

Well, I have to disagree. I, for one, remember a great deal of outrage directed to any band members, like Tommy Stinson, who said anything at all about CD and how close it was to being finished and/or released, only later to see those comments were not accurate. I recall expressions of feelings of being mislead or led on. Which, I think were fair.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it aligns with history in terms of how fans reacted to comments about tentative or unconfirmed or vague plans when those plans feel through.

Ali

Ali

Fair enough. I strongly disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion. In fact, let's let the people decide.

Stay tuned.

Doesn't surprise me.

I don't agree at all.

The problem is that people will take any tentative plans to heart no matter how much it is stressed that they are in fact tentative plans. And then, if said tentative plans fall through for whatever reason, the disappointment will be more than there would've been if nothing had been said at all.

IMO this happened time and time again in the run-up to the release of Chinese Democracy. Whether it was Tommy's comment about the album being a "hair's breadth from being finished", or whatever other example you want to use, I feel those comments amped up anticipation, which in turn created a bigger letdown when the reality of the situation became clear. Tommy made that comment in 2004. Chinese Democracy came out in 2008.

So, based on examples like those, I don't think it is of any real benefit to speak about unconfirmed plans. I do think it is nothing more than a cover-your-ass move from the band's perspective, but an understandable one as I see it based on history. IMO it really only makes things worse to speak about something before everything is confirmed in the event that something falls through.

Ali

I get what your saying about creating expectations and not wanting to get people upset "if" the plans get fucked up....but Ali, you got to know this, the plan IS GOING TO GET FUCKED UP, because since axl took over the band, everything always seems to get fucked up and ITS ALWAYS SOMEONR ELSE'S FAULT....and not for anything, axl's the one that came on here and said CD was the first of three, he may have backtracked, but he did so after the fact, not when he had the biggest audience this forums seen. So I guess it would be natural to wonder what the fuck after 5yrs and nothing delivered as to video's dvd or cd's.

Doesn't surprise me.

I don't agree at all.

Ali

I get what your saying about creating expectations and not wanting to get people upset "if" the plans get fucked up....but Ali, you got to know this, the plan IS GOING TO GET FUCKED UP, because since axl took over the band, everything always seems to get fucked up and ITS ALWAYS SOMEONR ELSE'S FAULT....and not for anything, axl's the one that came on here and said CD was the first of three, he may have backtracked, but he did so after the fact, not when he had the biggest audience this forums seen. So I guess it would be natural to wonder what the fuck after 5yrs and nothing delivered as to video's dvd or cd's.

I'm not disputing at all that it seems like a great deal, or most (?), of plans have gone awry. And I'm not even touching, disputing or otherwise, the issue of blame. I'm just talking about the potentially huge downside of, as you stated, creating expectations in the event that those expectations fall through.

Ali

I still personally think giving us expectations wouldn't be bad (or as bad as now) if they neutered those expectations. There's a difference between saying "the new album is a cunt hair away from happening!" and "here's shit we want to get down, and here's approx. when we want to get it down by, but these are tentative plans so try not to hold them so near and dear". But that's just me.

Let's see what the poll says.

When I read the title of the topic I actually thought that there was an update on the making of the new album... so I was really surprised since it's not really in their caracter... and then I read the tweet... and then I laughed.

Axl will not release an album anytime soon. I don't understand why he said to Slash "That's not the kind of music I want to do", he should have said "I don't want to make music anymore".

I never want to hear anyone criticize Slash for leaving, ever again. (And this is coming from someone on Team Axl all along). Because it's pretty clear this band has been a complete and utter clusterfuck ever since the day Axl Rose demanded that those guys sign the name over to him.

I still personally think giving us expectations wouldn't be bad (or as bad as now) if they neutered those expectations. There's a difference between saying "the new album is a cunt hair away from happening!" and "here's shit we want to get down, and here's approx. when we want to get it down by, but these are tentative plans so try not to hold them so near and dear". But that's just me.

Let's see what the poll says.

It's not just you. It's logic. It's how most bands operate. You can keep your fans updated without making shit worse.

It's only in Gn'R land that somehow to include your fans in what you plan to do as a musician is out of the question.

Very frustrating, but again, not surprising. I just have a feeling that Axl doesn't want to promise anything cause he fears that if it doesn't go according to plan, there will be a backlash like there was in the past from fans, but he does this in such an extreme way, that it leaves us in the dark with nothing to look forward to.

It's not that black and white, there are so many different ways to just generally tell the fans what's up without commiting to anything.

And it's not that hard. Metallica isn't planning on putting out an album anytime soon, they're taking their time, but they at least inform their fanbase that they intend to write and maybe put out an album in the next couple of years.

It's not the fans fault that some here were pissed off that Chinese was promised and wasn't delivered until 2008.

It's how the Gn'R camp handled the situation. That came before all the shit they got from the fans.

I don't really blame anyone. It's not all Axl's fault imo, and I have nothing against TB, but the way they do things... fuck. It could be much better.

Edited by Rovim

I never want to hear anyone criticize Slash for leaving, ever again. (And this is coming from someone on Team Axl all along). Because it's pretty clear this band has been a complete and utter clusterfuck ever since the day Axl Rose demanded that those guys sign the name over to him.

+1

I used to believe Axl when he said that he continued on with GNR because he wanted to take the band to the next level.