Guns N' Roses Twitter post about New Album!

Jakey Styley

Team Brazil don't know shit about the music industry... Sure they did tour with Axl for a couple of years, but Beta's is a nanny, and a Fernando is a college student at best...what the fuck do they know about music and the music industry...

It's pretty clear they're not even close to ready for this kind of job... GNR needs someone professional with years of experience.

This is not your garage band... this is a mainstream band, one of the most populars ones. They need a manager who has experience and who worked with other bands...

They should have kept Doc McGhee or even Merck...and they should hire Bob Rock to help with the album...

Team Brazil are just interested in getting a free paycheck every month and that's exactly what Axl doesn't want to see.

Edited by AndreCC

Team Brazil don't know shit about the music industry... Sure they did tour with Axl for a couple of years, but Beta's is a nanny, and a Fernando is a college student at best...what the fuck do they know about music and the music industry...

It's pretty clear they're not even close to ready for this kind of job... GNR needs someone professional with years of experience.

This is not your garage band... this is a mainstream band, one of the most populars ones. They need a manager who has experience and who worked with other bands...

They should have kept Doc McGhee or even Merck...and they should hire Bob Rock to help with the album...

Will garage bands even hire a nanny to be their manager?

maybe the fact they don't have an industry manager is a sign they aren't really serious about releasing a record. They basically needed the guy who owned the music industry at that point, Irving Azoff, to get CD released with a no risk Best Buy deal.

At this point Axl will release a record if he really needs to fuel more touring. But as for making money for the label I doubt he's going to do that for them. I can't see them dumping out crap just for the sake of a record at this point.

Honestly with all of this, i would love if Universal actually dumped Guns N'Roses... sure they can make a lot of money with greatest hits records and live albums, but what's the point of having GNR under their wing if they don't bring anything to the table...

I would be happy if GNR got dumped from Universal...this whole thing band as been so unprofessional... to the point i'm their fan and i want them to get dumped, so they can be more humble and start working for a change...

Axl has disgraced the GNR name...

Will garage bands even hire a nanny to be their manager?

Exactly... let alone a once successful and mainstream band like GNR...

Edited by AndreCC

I'll say this one more time. With the overall failure of CD, and Axl playing with his dick and going through the motions since Rio, I never really expected another album for various reasons. I still don't, aside from it maybe getting milked after he dies and/or leaks. In the end, this changes nothing for me in terms of hope and all that.

But Jesus, the disrespect and neglect for the fans is absolutely astounding. Let's be real, it'd be one of the biggest coincidences ever if this wasn't in response to Manets' letter he sent. How fucking pathetic.

At least be grateful you have a fan base left. Obligations this, obligations that. Shut the fuck up. Axl's not obligated to give us shit, we know. But for the love of God, whatever happened to gestures and appreciation for your fan base? Those are pretty common concepts among 95% of all musical acts out there. If you're done, you're done. Fine. At least let the people know what the game plan is. A brief, but informative tentative outlook of what you want to accomplish, and a brief but informative tentative game plan set out to accomplish the goal. Is it really asking that much?

Axl can just fuck right off if he's gonna strut around like the most persecuted soul the worlds ever laid it's cruelties on because his fans wanna be just somewhat in the loop. :jerkoff:

Knowing Axl's personality a little bit I would really be surprised if he still talks with anybody from the record company anymore. After the CD debacle - and the company releasing it without his final approval - I guess they are in the top five list of Axl's most hatered persons (and that really means sth).

Normally this would be a good thing for us fans - because Axl might release the rest of the CD sessions for free over the net just to screw the label - too bad axl seems to milk the gnr cash cow as much as possible in the last year so that this scenario is also highly unlikely (as he might loose some bucks doing this).

Aside from mostly everybody here being universally negative about this, the facebook comments on this have been even more critical and harsh.

Jesus Axl, shit or get off the pot. Probably be better off doing the latter at this point.

thing is the label isn't set thing, right now there might not be anyone Axl is talking with, but in 10 years there could be some people. in the grand scheme of things Axl still isn't playing ball, so anyone with any kind of neutral self interest and isn't a fan of Axl isn't going to jump. The only person who said anything positive about he release from label or industry points was Iovine (who tommy blamed for fucking it up) and Gould (who said CD was art and when you make art people will drive a truck load of money up to your house) I doubt those two people are interested in the next project.

I think they are going to do all this stuff. release a record, put out the dvd and tour. it's just not confirmed yet.

This.

The twitter post has been taken out of context.

There's a comprehension problem here or few are taking advantage of the issue.

Just wondering, if GNR already gave the label a new album of material in 2010 as has been said, and the label has chosen to sit on it, and not release it, what is GNR's next move? Give the label another one? Or wait until they release it? I don't know what the right answer is. I'm just making the point of, what are they supposed to do if they have already turned in new material 3 years ago?

... you have ALL the power to consume what you want. If you don't like it, don't purchase or support. That is where your power ends.

That is exactly what I did. I publicly declared the I wouldn't buy the piece of crap that was ChiDem, and was banned from Yarmo's place for it. So, I took what I would've spent on the band, and contributed it to Skweril's legal defense fund. Even when Best Buy was giving it away for pennies on the dollar, I still didn't bite and I still don't own it.

• Like 1

... you have ALL the power to consume what you want. If you don't like it, don't purchase or support. That is where your power ends.

That is exactly what I did. I publicly declared the I wouldn't buy the piece of crap that was ChiDem, and was banned from Yarmo's place for it. So, I took what I would've spent on the band, and contributed it to Skweril's legal defense fund. Even when Best Buy was giving it away for pennies on the dollar, I still didn't bite and I still don't own it.

If you really did that Thelonious that was awesome.

Even though i bought Chinese Democracy i also contributed for Skwerl's legal defense fund.

Albums dont sell anymore. Releasing a new album would tarnish GNR's legacy, because it wouldnt sell much even if it was great.

That is not true. Yes, albums don't sell, but GNR (for some ridiculous reason) still has people in the press that want to talk about them. If they released an album that was GREAT, it would absolutely 100% get talked about. People wouldn't be able to believe Guns N Roses, a band that has fought up and down for close to 30 years, was actually able to put out an album of beyond decent material. It would get people talking and it would translate into profitable sales. And even more importantly, it would be positive buzz for GNR which should be more important to Axl than money.

Look at the last Van Halen album......

GNR has all the buzz they need because of the legacy. They can only dilute it at this point.

What was disturbing was Fortus answer about the recording of the new álbum.When he said he doesnt know if Axl was in the studio because maybe he was at the studio 5 min after they have gone or late at night.

And people bitch becuase some of us,sometimes consider this band a joke? what kind of band Works like this?

If you really did that Thelonious that was awesome.

Even though i bought Chinese Democracy i also contributed for Skwerl's legal defense fund.

It was discussed on SLC's forum when he did the interview with Kevin, and JB's forum when Best Buy was giving away ChiDem. It is all a matter of public record.

i love jarmo's reaction:

Common sense and experience tells you the band doesn't announce shows, albums or anything until there's something to announce.

Unfortunately, for some it's not enough. They keep asking for updates when there's nothing to update, hence this update.

It seems like some people need to be reminded of this fact occasionally.

Others know this and don't "demand" updates.

/jarmo

When you're talkin' to yourselllllff....