Should we boycott the New GNR band?

AndreCC

I don't know if some of you share the same opinion, but i feel this has come to a drastic ridiculous point.

Welcome to 3 years ago.

I might be mistaken but I remember you being a pretty die hard supporter of Axl and Team Brazil just a few months ago. Now you can kind of see where everyone else has been coming from eh?

No i was never a die hard fan of Team Brazil. I hate Team Brazil and i hope those beggars and hangers get lost of my once favorite band.

I did gave the benefit of doubt to Axl, because after all he is my favorite singer (not because of his personality, but because of his voice ONLY), but it's really not worth it

I don't know if some of you share the same opinion, but i feel this has come to a drastic ridiculous point.

Welcome to 3 years ago.

I might be mistaken but I remember you being a pretty die hard supporter of Axl and Team Brazil just a few months ago. Now you can kind of see where everyone else has been coming from eh?

I kind of left the on-line GnR community for the past couple of years, and it is amazing the number of people that used to be hard core nu-gunners see through the bullshit, now.

Other than this place, most GnR fan forums are desolate shit holes compared to what they were just a few years ago... I think most people recognize Rose for what he is-- a petulant angry man that has been sheltered to the point that he has no comprehension of reality

Edited by Thelonious

What is the point of boycotting? Axl hasn't done anything new in years, and boycotting Guns N' Roses is a great way to make sure we never see another new song or album again.

Who cares if we ever see it or not? By the time it comes out we'll be 60

Guest Len B'stard

No i was never a die hard fan of Team Brazil. I hate Team Brazil and i hope those beggars and hangers get lost of my once favorite band.

I did gave the benefit of doubt to Axl, because after all he is my favorite singer (not because of his personality, but because of his voice ONLY), but it's really not worth it

I bet he's just crushed :lol:

I bet he's just crushed :lol:

Yeah, i bet he just crashed his Lamborghini on purpose as soon as he read my post :awesomeface:

Edited by AndreCC

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.

This all day long and twice on Sundays.

Don't want to be negative at all, quite frankly i would prefer not to feel this way.

But as of the last announcement, we get the picture that nothing is actually coming out in a long time, and that we're going to have another 1-4 years of silence time span...

Anyone that has been following the band will know that if the band plans on doing something in 2014, it will end up coming true 2 or 3 or more years later.

We have to admit that Axl has completely destroyed the good name of Guns N'Roses with his antics and let's face it, for this it would be better if GNR didn't even exist at this point.

My question to you is:

Should we completely boycott this band from now on? Should we don't even mention this new band and anything to do with it and solely speak about the Original GNR band.

What will be the point of devoting our time to the new band since nothing ever comes out of it successfully?!

Let's face it, they are a completely new band that should be on this project with the mindset that they should start from zero cause obviously none of the members have been part of GNR history besides Axl... even Axl himself should have that mindset and be humble enough to start from scratch, yet they act as if they were the "Classic Status" band that the name portrays all at the Original band's cost and do whatever they want to, which only damages the name further.

I don't mean to cupcake with this post at all, just serious discussion. Honestly i think it came to that point...

Boycotts are funny. No one here will ever do it no matter how much they puff out their chests and talk big.

Don't want to be negative at all, quite frankly i would prefer not to feel this way.

But as of the last announcement, we get the picture that nothing is actually coming out in a long time, and that we're going to have another 1-4 years of silence time span...

Anyone that has been following the band will know that if the band plans on doing something in 2014, it will end up coming true 2 or 3 or more years later.

We have to admit that Axl has completely destroyed the good name of Guns N'Roses with his antics and let's face it, for this it would be better if GNR didn't even exist at this point.

My question to you is:

Should we completely boycott this band from now on? Should we don't even mention this new band and anything to do with it and solely speak about the Original GNR band.

What will be the point of devoting our time to the new band since nothing ever comes out of it successfully?!

Let's face it, they are a completely new band that should be on this project with the mindset that they should start from zero cause obviously none of the members have been part of GNR history besides Axl... even Axl himself should have that mindset and be humble enough to start from scratch, yet they act as if they were the "Classic Status" band that the name portrays all at the Original band's cost and do whatever they want to, which only damages the name further.

I don't mean to cupcake with this post at all, just serious discussion. Honestly i think it came to that point...

Boycotts are funny. No one here will ever do it no matter how much they puff out their chests and talk big.

Sad but true.

My question to you is:

After listening to that 91 radio interview I can almost guarantee Axls response: Live your own life dont do it vicariously through me. Axl has stated before that holding your breath or waiting for Jesus..see how that works out for you. Hes very much honing in as an Artis that will write and produce when he FEELS the moment..not a moment sooner if at all possible. So me boycotting this group wouldnt send a signal it would in Axls eyes just be me depriving myself of something I enjoy and that is MY problem and none of his. He simply doesnt feel obligated to live his life FOR his fans.

As disgusted and as pissed off as this GNR scenario makes me, the ugly truth is I probably will support this band till the day I kick off

My question to you is:

Ha! Boycotting new-GnR only involves not going to concerts. I'm already doing that. Paid for the "same shit different day" tour twice and after that I was fed up so I skipped them in 2012. And I'm sure as hell not going to see them again until something new happens.

Other than that they don't do anything and don't release anything. So there's not much to boycot.

My question to you is:

Sad but true.

Not so. I conscientiously decided not to spend any of my money on this band over 5 years ago. In fact, I donated a healthy chunk that I would've spent on the band to a charity.

My question to you is:

Sad but true.

Not so. I conscientiously decided not to spend any of my money on this band over 5 years ago. In fact, I donated a healthy chunk that I would've spent on the band to a charity.

You're an exception, not a rule.

"oh yeah... he's so badass he doesn't follow the norm.... yeeeeah he rocks...yeaaah... "

I mean get real people....

Andre, I'm not defending the guy or saying he's cool for doing what he's doing, I'm simply pointing out what he has said before about the fans holding their breath for him to actually do what a normal artist does: release new music and actually promote it properly. He's pretty much given us all a clear insight in the way he operates; the complete opposite to what we would all like...unfortunately it's who he is and how he does things...we have absolutely no say or control in the matter.

My question to you is:

Ha! Boycotting new-GnR only involves not going to concerts. I'm already doing that. Paid for the "same shit different day" tour twice and after that I was fed up so I skipped them in 2012. And I'm sure as hell not going to see them again until something new happens.

Other than that they don't do anything and don't release anything. So there's not much to boycot.

My position also. Personally I just stopped going to the concerts - no mention of 'boycotting' - because Axl does not interest me artistically any more and it will be the same setlist as the other shows I have intended. If he releases an album which re-ignites my interest that may change, but as of now I have more interesting things to spend my cash on.

To boycott stuff, they need to sell stuff.

There's no album to boycott.

There's no tour to boycott.

There's no DVD to boycott.

We can boycott CD, but most of us already own it. We could boycott Greatest hits, but again most of us have all those songs in some way, shape, or form.

We could not buy their merchandise, but how many people here buy their merchandise anyway....?

If they do a South American tour, people who live in South America could boycott that. But most of the fans on this forum aren't from South America, so it wouldn't be a huge impact.

Maybe we should boycott it by buying slash stuff and going to slash shows. :awesomeface::rofl-lol:

Edited by liers

No boycott needed. Put your money where your mouth is

To boycott stuff, they need to sell stuff.

There's no album to boycott.

There's no tour to boycott.

There's no DVD to boycott.

We can boycott CD, but most of us already own it. We could boycott Greatest hits, but again most of us have all those songs in some way, shape, or form.

We could not buy their merchandise, but how many people here buy their merchandise anyway....?

If they do a South American tour, people who live in South America could boycott that. But most of the fans on this forum aren't from South America, so it wouldn't be a huge impact.

Maybe we should boycott it by buying slash stuff and going to slash shows. :awesomeface::rofl-lol:

I'm not the biggest Slash fan, but why the hell not? At least we can expect new music and media appearances. Anything beats the shit out of the clusterfuck that the current management.

I honestly think that there are some talented song writers among Rose's project... hell, he should cut them loose and share credits... if anything, ChiDem has demonstrated that Rose is not a lyricist, composer, arranger, or producer.

Sad that this is even a topic.

I hope Axl, Beta and her children are checking out the forum and seeing the reaction to their recent "update" about the band.

Axl still has millions of fans that would love to be supporting him. Buying his records, buying merchandise, going to concerts, spreading positive comments........but for some weird reason, Axl, Beta and her kids are anti-fan. Wonder why they just want to ride the cash gravy train and not move GnR forward at all? Wonder why they don't care about Axl's millions of fans? It's a real shame for music lovers.