Should we boycott the New GNR band?

AndreCC

What is there to boycott exactly? There's no music, videos, DVDs, books, documentaries or any other sort of new merchandise to boycott. And considering the fact that their tour dates haven't been selling out either clearly has done nothing to deter them from their nonsensical approach to this band.

What is there to boycott exactly? There's no music, videos, DVDs, books, documentaries or any other sort of new merchandise to boycott. And considering the fact that their tour dates haven't been selling out either clearly has done nothing to deter them from their nonsensical approach to this band.

Boycott speaking about this new band altogether in new sessions and other parts of the forum. We could just talk about the Original Line up even if there was news from the new lineup.

Once the band becomes irrelevant to the fanbase, maybe good ol' Axl does something about it and finally speaks.

Edited by AndreCC

We have to admit that Axl has completely destroyed the good name of Guns N'Roses with his antics and let's face it, for this it would be better if GNR didn't even exist at this point.

No, we don't have to admit that. Although current affairs can not at all compare to the band's heydays, the band has still been touring successfully for a few years after releasing a new, good record back in 2008. No reason to be overly dramatic and whiny.

We have to admit that Axl has completely destroyed the good name of Guns N'Roses with his antics and let's face it, for this it would be better if GNR didn't even exist at this point.

No, we don't have to admit that. Although current affairs can not at all compare to the band's heydays, the band has still been touring successfully for a few years after releasing a new, good record back in 2008. No reason to be overly dramatic and whiny.

The good record thing is an opinion, not a fact.

The successful tour doesn't mean that the name Guns N'Roses is being honored as it should. You can have a successful shitty tour when you're in Guns N'Roses... people will pay to see Axl when he's 80 years old and can't sing anymore, just to see him one more time. A successful tour isn't the same thing as successful quality tour

The successful tour doesn't mean that the name Guns N'Roses is being honored as it should. You can have a successful shitty tour when you're in Guns N'Roses... people will pay to see Axl when he's 80 years old and can't sing anymore, just to see him one more time. A successful tour isn't the same thing as successful quality tour

So you are saying you want to boycott the band because the quality of their art isn't up to your liking? Fine, don't pay for the music, don't pay for the shows. We are all free to enjoy the art we like. And we all automatically don't buy the art that we don't like. It is sort of how it all works. Man, there are thousands of bands I "boycott" in this way.

So you are saying you want to boycott the band because the quality of their art isn't up to your liking? Fine, don't pay for the music, don't pay for the shows. We are all free to enjoy the art we like. And we all automatically don't buy the art that we don't like. It is sort of how it all works. Man, there are thousands of bands I "boycott" in this way.

No. I'm saying we should boycott the band, because it doesn't match the quality of the name Guns N'Roses in anyway. It's a façade.

It doesn't cut it on albums, on professionalism, on tours etc... it's not just the music...This is the most unprofessional band iv ever seen, and that's saying something...

- the fact Axl spent so many years working on Chinese Democracy, and didn't even care to change the vocals on the songs (which were recorded when he was out of shape) tells a whole lot about it...or even re-record the whole album from scratch when he finally had all the ideas in place.

And this is a person who said he wouldn't throw us a brick... lol

Edited by AndreCC

No. I'm saying we should boycott the band, because it doesn't match the quality of the name Guns N'Roses in anyway. It's a façade.

Haha, no, I am not penalizing a band for not living up to its former success. I applaud them for trying and for not giving up. As long as I reap just a tiny little bit of pleasure from the band then I don't want them to quit. Why should I deny myself the enjoyment of some time in the future hear new music from the band or get to enjoy their shows?

Haha, no, I am not penalizing a band for not living up to its former success. I applaud them for trying and for not giving up. As long as I reap just a tiny little bit of pleasure from the band then I don't want them to quit. Why should I deny myself the enjoyment of some time in the future hear new music from the band or get to enjoy their shows?

The thing is... they're not trying...They're exploiting an established trademark name...

Edited by AndreCC

The thing is... they're not trying...They're exploiting an established trademark name...

But they haven't thrown in the towel, they are still touring the world and they will, hopefully, make and release new music in some years. I am happy for that. Sure, it could have been A LOT better, but I won't deny myself the meagre enjoyment that is still left because I am disappointed that the band isn't as good as back in the 80s when I first started enjoying them.

But they haven't thrown in the towel, they are still touring the world and they will, hopefully, make and release new music in some years. I am happy for that. Sure, it could have been A LOT better, but I won't deny myself the meagre enjoyment that is still left because I am disappointed that the band isn't as good as back in the 80s when I first started enjoying them.

I don't expect them to be as good is in the 80's. Even the music will never be as good as in the 80's, but i would expect the minimum requirements for a rock n'roll band which in my and many others views the requirements aren't even met.

I don't expect them to be as good is in the 80's. Even the music will never be as good as in the 80's, but i would expect the minimum requirements for a rock n'roll band which in my and many others views the requirements aren't even met.

I think the minimum requirement for a band would be to occasionally play music together. I think the problem her is not that they don't meet the "minimum requirement for being a rock n' roll band" but that they don't meet what you consider the "minimum requirement for being Guns N' Roses". Luckily, I don't have that problem.

I think the minimum requirement for a band would be to occasionally play music together. I think the problem her is not that they don't meet the "minimum requirement for being a rock n' roll band" but that they don't meet what you consider the "minimum requirement for being Guns N' Roses". Luckily, I don't have that problem.

They don't release music for 14 years or let's be fair and start counting from 1999 instead of 1996 so instead of 14 years i'm gonna be fair and say 9 years...

They released an album that was worked for those 9 years. Axl doesn't re-do his vocals, instead of re-recording the full album, they put more sounds on top of the already existing sounds and made a mess out of it.

They fail to promote the album numerous times. They completely disappear for years in between several times confusing their audience.

They return with an album only to disappear again. The album fails, there's no music videos or promotion for it. The album then goes for a sale price of 2.99 dollars or something around those lines and they have it out of stock now. Didn't even care of making more stock, cause nobody's interested in the album besides the fans that were here for years waiting for it. Some of them for a curiosity factor, some of them because they're willing to hear Axl sing on anything...

Now they disappear again.

They don't release music for 14 years or let's be fair and start counting from 1999 instead of 1996 so instead of 14 years i'm gonna be fair and say 9 years...

This brings me back to my point: I am much happier with a GN'R that releases music only every 14 years than never, which would be the result if they indeed quit as you want them to.

you don't have to go to the shows or buy the records or even listen to them. it's a free country!

Exactly! I won't do. Reason i raised this topic is to have a clue on how many people feel like me at this point. It's a free country and a free forum.

you don't have to go to the shows or buy the records or even listen to them. it's a free country!

Exactly! I won't do. Reason i raised this topic is to have a clue on how many people feel like me at this point. It's a free country and a free forum.

Does boycotting include stopping begging for leaks and pretending that you have them? If so, I'm in full support of you boycotting the band.

• Like 1

Don't want to be negative at all, quite frankly i would prefer not to feel this way.

But as of the last announcement, we get the picture that nothing is actually coming out in a long time, and that we're going to have another 1-4 years of silence time span...

Anyone that has been following the band will know that if the band plans on doing something in 2014, it will end up coming true 2 or 3 or more years later.

I don't know if some of you share the same opinion, but i feel this has come to a drastic ridiculous point.

My question to you is:

Should we completely boycott this band from now on? Should we don't even mention this new band and anything to do with it and solely speak about the Original GNR band.

What will be the point of devoting our time to the new band since nothing ever comes out of it successfully?!

Let's face it, they are a completely new band that should be on this project with the mindset that they should start from zero cause obviously none of the members have been part of GNR history besides Axl... even Axl himself should have that mindset and be humble enough to start from scratch, yet they act as if they were the "Classic Status" band that the name portrays all at the Original band's cost and do whatever they want to, which only damages the name further.

I don't mean to cupcake with this post at all, just serious discussion. Honestly i think it came to that point...

Maybe you should take up needlepoint or something

Does boycotting include stopping begging for leaks and pretending that you have them? If so, I'm in full support of you boycotting the band.

Yes it does!

Yes it does!

Does this mean you will leave the forum now, too, or is hanging out at fan forums not included in you boycotting the band?

It doesn't cut it on albums, on professionalism, on tours etc... it's not just the music...This is the most unprofessional band iv ever seen, and that's saying something...

- the fact Axl spent so many years working on Chinese Democracy, and didn't even care to change the vocals on the songs (which were recorded when he was out of shape) tells a whole lot about it...or even re-record the whole album from scratch when he finally had all the ideas in place.

And this is a person who said he wouldn't throw us a brick... lol

I agree with this.

I think that what you have to begin to accept here is that the fans capable of being objective are regarded as an enemy of Irving Azoff proportions. If you aren't saying best setlist ever and more touring it's not because you genuinely want to see the band progress, it's because you get a kick out of criticizing. That is an accurate summation of GNR management's mentality.

Axl would talk directly to us when asked about GNR during the early part of the century. Everything he would say was focused on the upcoming wealth of albums that would drop any year now. Today, the whole operation is geared entirely towards the ticket buyers. The people who would go take a piss if Axl were to say 'This is a new song'.

Yes, I think this is a plausible idea. Not that it would harm Axl's band, but the lack of respect shown to the hardcore is wrong.

I thiink Beta would prefer that we went away. Her response to the question about new music "complaints, complaints, complaints" was insulting. We stuck by the band when they were being trounced by reviewers in '02 - '06.

Enough is pretty close to becoming enough with this act.