From the Axl to the Beta

Sigh

I see a theme in the threads which centers around blaming Beta Labeis and her family for the current state of affairs in what is commonly referred to as "Guns N Roses".

But shouldn't it be commonly accepted that Rose himself is the reason for the current state of affairs? A manager gets paid when the entity it manages is productive. So no manager gets paid unless the artist is doing something productive. I see no reason for the Labeis family to prohibit Rose from doing anything, nor do I think they are capable of prohibiting Rose from doing anything. If he wanted to release new music, he would do so and I suspect the Labeis family would help him in those efforts. If he wanted to tour more, he would do so, as he has been doing for years now. If he wanted to release a DVD from a series of shows recorded, what, nine months ago, he would do so, and they would help him do so.

Now, they may be sheltering him from outside influences, or manipulating him to do as they want, but at the end of the day, it still comes down to Rose having the final say. Rose wanted this position. He is in charge. He was in charge when Goldstein was the manager. He was in charge when Mercatus was the manager. He was in charge when Azoff was the manager. He was in charge when McGee was the manager. He hired and fired managers at his will.

All of that is to say, put the blame for where things stand where it belongs. With Rose, not with Beta Labeis. She may be the worst manager in the history of management. But the decisions that are made are made by Rose, and have been for some time. It is what he wanted. It is what he got.

• Like 1

I see a theme in the threads which centers around blaming Beta Labeis and her family for the current state of affairs in what is commonly referred to as "Guns N Roses".

But shouldn't it be commonly accepted that Rose himself is the reason for the current state of affairs? A manager gets paid when the entity it manages is productive. So no manager gets paid unless the artist is doing something productive. I see no reason for the Labeis family to prohibit Rose from doing anything, nor do I think they are capable of prohibiting Rose from doing anything. If he wanted to release new music, he would do so and I suspect the Labeis family would help him in those efforts. If he wanted to tour more, he would do so, as he has been doing for years now. If he wanted to release a DVD from a series of shows recorded, what, nine months ago, he would do so, and they would help him do so.

Now, they may be sheltering him from outside influences, or manipulating him to do as they want, but at the end of the day, it still comes down to Rose having the final say. Rose wanted this position. He is in charge. He was in charge when Goldstein was the manager. He was in charge when Mercatus was the manager. He was in charge when Azoff was the manager. He was in charge when McGee was the manager. He hired and fired managers at his will.

All of that is to say, put the blame for where things stand where it belongs. With Rose, not with Beta Labeis. She may be the worst manager in the history of management. But the decisions that are made are made by Rose, and have been for some time. It is what he wanted. It is what he got.

Team Brazil is the Colonel Tom Parker of GN'R

That's obvious. But we have Mods, like BS, who continue to mock TB and their efforts.

Rose has surrounded himself with sycophants and yes people, that for whatever reason, refuse to allow him to see the real world-- so what we've got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we have... which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

• Like 3

Rose has surrounded himself with sycophants and yes people, that for whatever reason, refuse to allow him to see the real world-- so what we've got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we have... which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Beta and her brood's hatred for the old band really bugs me because they are literally living of that bands legacy. She should clean the classic lineup's houses as well.

She may be the worst manager in the history of management. But the decisions that are made are made by Rose, and have been for some time. It is what he wanted. It is what he got.

It's because she is not competent to manage a million-dollar rock band. Plain and simple. Let's not even mention her children also being paid staff.

You said yourself - she "maybe the worst manager in the history of management".............that's why people on here are complaining about her.

Bottom line is that the band isn't progressing. They are playing smaller shows, less shows, no new music in sight and continually failures in releasing things for GnR fans (concert dvds, etc). And for some reason, they can't be bothered to give Axl's MILLIONS of fans some common courtisy and just let us know what is going on with the band and its future plans.

Beta/Fernando might shake your hand and give you a nice 30-second conversation backstage at a show, but their treatment of the fans in all other circumstances hasn't been great at all. They are aggressive and don't always tell the truth. I'm surprise that some of you people have forgotten that.

Axl is their livelihood and Team Brazil will do anything in their power to make sure they don't lose that money and lifestyle.

It's easy to say Beta is not competent enough to manage the band or whatever, but the fact remains that NuGNR has been a total clusterfuck since 1996. Nothing ever gets done, nobody knows anything, everything gets cancelled or delayed. And during this timeframe, there have been many band managers. So there are two possibilities: every manager the band hires including Beta is incompetent, or there is somebody in the camp causing these things to keep happening over and over and over again like a bad re-enactment of Groundhog Day. I'll give you one guess as to who that person might be.

• Like 1

Blaming Beta and her family for doing a crap job as managers and mooching off Axl is 100% justified. That being said, It's still more Axl's fault than theirs that GnR is in such a sad state these days.

It's easy to say Beta is not competent enough to manage the band or whatever, but the fact remains that NuGNR has been a total clusterfuck since 1996. Nothing ever gets done, nobody knows anything, everything gets cancelled or delayed. And during this timeframe, there have been many band managers. So there are two possibilities: every manager the band hires including Beta is incompetent, or there is somebody in the camp causing these things to keep happening over and over and over again like a bad re-enactment of Groundhog Day. I'll give you one guess as to who that person might be.

Great post.

The correct answer is option number two. But then adding an incompetent manager on top of it has just made things worse.

Can you imagine Beta and Fernando sitting down to discuss important financial items/contrafts with business men and lawyers?