A new moderator

highvoltage

Thought I'd stop by this thread to say hello and give everyone some of my background.

As was mentioned, most recently I was a moderator for years then an Admin at GNRevo. Here's my history prior to that:

Like many here, I became a fan from the first time I heard Appetite For Destruction back in 1987. I didn't get to see GN'R live until 1991 down in Toledo. I saw them again with Metallica in '92, then again on their own in '93. I didn't start paying close attention to anything to do with the new line ups until the VMA performance. That was enough to get me to buy tickets for that 02 tour. I liked the way most of the old material was played and really liked the new songs so I kept paying attention. I drove to NYC in 2006 for the first Hammerstein show and have been to several shows around the US during each tour, including A4D in Vegas since.

I consider myself a fan of "Guns N' Roses", not any one member in particular. I've seen Slash several times and had the pleasure of meeting he, Duff and Matt once at a VR show. All 3 were very nice to us (my brother and I) and I very much love that first album. I like parts of Libertad, but just can't get into the entire record as much as the first. I try to keep an open mind to things going on within GN'R and whatever past members are up to. Though I just cannot bring myself to be fair with respect to DJ Ashba. Whether he deserves it or not, he's just become my personal whipping post lol.

I've posted everywhere from newguns.com ('memba that place??) to newgnr.com, htgth, GNRevo (of course), chinesedemocracy.com, the official GN'R board, paradisecity.com and so on. My user name is always the same everywhere which is just my first name together with "TCB" which is an Elvis Presley reference. I love talking about music from lots of other genres outside of GN'R too so I'm looking forward to digging into My World here as much as I can.

Once again, thanks for the welcome. I'm happy to help out and look forward to working myself in here!

edit-

Just went back and caught the posts about poaching and felt the need to clear that up:

I decided to leave Evo on my own a few months back. I posted here a few times since and a lot of MSL's board. I stopped by here the other day and read through HV's post about getting the site back on track and really liked what he had to say. I sent a PM offering to help and the offer was accepted. Like I said, I just wanted to be clear that it wasn't anything close to a poaching situation.

I hope you can bring to this place what you brought to GN'R Evo. That place has not been the same without you.

Ali

Russ

Have a long, long think about this you will be assocoated forever with this place. You are far too sensible for this place. The respect you have built up over the years, is gone if you stay and mod at this place.

Think on Russ.

Wait, what? A member of this board is telling me about how being associated with this place is a bad thing?

Russ

Have a long, long think about this you will be assocoated forever with this place. You are far too sensible for this place. The respect you have built up over the years, is gone if you stay and mod at this place.

Think on Russ.

Wait, what? A member of this board is telling me about how being associated with this place is a bad thing?

Apparently. :lol:

This is our good friend 'bionic56'.... who got mysteriously upset around January, and asked for his account to be deleted as he didn't want to be associated with a "pathetic troll site" anymore. Kind of ironic then that he would register a brand new account 2-3 days after I deleted his last one just so he could come back and troll the place a little himself.

It's funny, people forget that we run a community where people get to speak their mind pretty freely about the band... this also means people disagree pretty routinely. It's easy to mistake someone who shares a different opinion to yours for a troll - bionic or bitchslap or whatever he comes back as next time kinda struggles with the distinction.

Watever..................... honestly watever :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: get a life dude. It's so boring you react this way, rather than actually addressing the issues that face this place, very mature. So boring.

Hahahaha! I remember you! You were thick as pigshit back then too! :lol:

Watever..................... honestly watever :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: get a life dude. It's so boring you react this way, rather than actually addressing the issues that face this place, very mature. So boring.

Let me get this straight. You asked for your account to be unregistered, then immediately re-registered to spam/troll the place, talking shit on us and the forum as a whole, being a generally obnoxious jerk. And instead of straight-up banning you off the bat (which was warranted imo), HV messaged you and attempted to be reasonable about it.

And you're the one telling him to get a life?

• Like 1

Let me get this straight. You asked for your account to be unregistered, then immediately re-registered to spam/troll the place, talking shit on us and the forum as a whole, being a generally obnoxious jerk. And instead of straight-up banning you off the bat (which was warranted imo), HV messaged you and attempted to be reasonable about it.

And you're the one telling him to get a life?

The "get a life" argument has always been one of my favorite aspects of the classic troll. It's like... let me see if I have this: You have nothing better to do then sit around trying to disrupt a community and I'M THE ONE who needs to get out more?? Interesting theory for sure :)

I think only the fairest and most unbiased posters should be promoted to mod status. Like myself, Nosaj Thing and Volcano. :shrugs:

Post of the year :tongue2:

I like everything I've seen posted by Russ over the years. IMO he is a great choice for a mod.

However he has to be more mature and professional about his Dj dislike.

I think only the fairest and most unbiased posters should be promoted to mod status. Like myself, Nosaj Thing and Volcano. :shrugs:

Post of the year :tongue2:

I like everything I've seen posted by Russ over the years. IMO he is a great choice for a mod.

However he has to be more mature and professional about his Dj dislike.

I hear that about DJ. To be honest, 90% of what I post that's negative about him is meant to be funny. I can certainly work to make that more clear in the future though :)

DJ is a cock. Simple as that really.

I was ambivalent when I first heard he joined the band back in March '09. I remember a few months prior seeing a few people post wishing he was in GNR (or it was a rumour that he joined, can't tell), showing that photo of him with Slash and Nikki Sixx at some awards show. I was a bit miffed when he kept botching the TIL solo on the Asia '09/Europe early '10 tour, and disappointed when he decided to play it differently in the end. He was nice to me and the other fans outside L'Arc, taking time to autograph stuff, and he was a lot of fun to watch live late '10. But all his social media stuff really put me off, and it's become more apparent over time to me that he's just not in the same league as any previous GNR guitarist. Tried to like him time and time again, but I just can't.

Tried to like him time and time again, but I just can't.

I think that says all there is to be said. Your buddy risks a lot to give you a ride in a police helicopter so what do you do? Well it's soooooooooooooooo cool so you drop him right in the shit by sticking it all over twitter? NOBHEAD!

• Like 1

Oh no. A thread about me personally has turned into a thread about DJ Ashba. It's like my own personal hell or at the very least, some sort of big ass karma! Haha.

If it helps I've never heard of you but you seem like a stand up guy. :):thumbsup:

Oh no. A thread about me personally has turned into a thread about DJ Ashba. It's like my own personal hell or at the very least, some sort of big ass karma! Haha.

If it helps I've never heard of you but you seem like a stand up guy. :):thumbsup:

:D Thanks!