A new moderator

highvoltage

Who is the current mod team? Subsy, HV, Powerage, Sabbath, Russ, Forsaken, Zint, ER... Is Montrealer still a mod? Anyone I missed?

Monty is a News Reporter. Kickingthehabit is also still a mod, but he's also our legal counsel. :shades:

Another axlite, what a surprise. :max:

I can't speak for everyone.. but I'm pretty sure all the mods love Slash. slash_ani.gif

Lol $lash :awesomeface:

/banned

I think only the fairest and most unbiased posters should be promoted to mod status. Like myself, Nosaj Thing and Volcano. :shrugs:

From what I've seen Nosaj Thing is very biased. And Volcano hates Slash... he has said many times that he turned his back on the fans and the band, and that he was selfish.

On a side-note, welcome Russ

Edited by Gun N' Roses

I think only the fairest and most unbiased posters should be promoted to mod status. Like myself, Nosaj Thing and Volcano. :shrugs:

From what I've seen Nosaj Thing is very biased. And Volcano hates Slash... he has said many times that he turned his back on the fans and the band, and that he was selfish.

On a side-note, welcome Russ

Nosaj is usually right about Axl, and Volcano is usually right about Slash. Just because they're usually wrong when Nosaj discusses Slash and Volcano discusses Axl doesn't mean that they would be any less fair. :shrugs:

From what I've seen Nosaj Thing is very biased. And Volcano hates Slash... he has said many times that he turned his back on the fans and the band, and that he was selfish. On a side-note, welcome Russ

He was being sarcastic. And Nosaj Thing got banned for some strange reason.

From what I've seen Nosaj Thing is very biased. And Volcano hates Slash... he has said many times that he turned his back on the fans and the band, and that he was selfish. On a side-note, welcome Russ

He did? That's fucking lame.

You can't be serious. :mellow:

Another axlite, what a surprise. :max:

That's just ridiculous.

Gee, what a terrible thing, making someone who doesn't hate Axl a mod on a GNR forum. I could see your point if they actually hated Slash, but come on.

I don't think any of our mods hate Axl. They're usually realistic and fair.

Lol $lash :awesomeface:

Except BS. He's an asshole. :max:

I must've missed another riot. Awwh! :(

Edited by username

If I'm not mistaken, HV has recruited the heart and soul of a fine GNR forum, gnrevo. The content over there is the standard that all GNR communities should hope to achieve.

Nice poach.

Not more mods, a few need to be replaced as they take this place far too seriously, great place but it is just an internet forum after all, not life and death.

You seem to know a lot and have a lot to say for only having 20 posts.

I wish I was that talented.. :(

Guest Len B'stard

Hellooooo Russell *slides his hand in his pocket and strokes his willy* Welcome :D The Len Cock Stroke is sort of an inititation thing for Mods round these parts!

Edited by sugaraylen

Thought I'd stop by this thread to say hello and give everyone some of my background.

As was mentioned, most recently I was a moderator for years then an Admin at GNRevo. Here's my history prior to that:

Like many here, I became a fan from the first time I heard Appetite For Destruction back in 1987. I didn't get to see GN'R live until 1991 down in Toledo. I saw them again with Metallica in '92, then again on their own in '93. I didn't start paying close attention to anything to do with the new line ups until the VMA performance. That was enough to get me to buy tickets for that 02 tour. I liked the way most of the old material was played and really liked the new songs so I kept paying attention. I drove to NYC in 2006 for the first Hammerstein show and have been to several shows around the US during each tour, including A4D in Vegas since.

I consider myself a fan of "Guns N' Roses", not any one member in particular. I've seen Slash several times and had the pleasure of meeting he, Duff and Matt once at a VR show. All 3 were very nice to us (my brother and I) and I very much love that first album. I like parts of Libertad, but just can't get into the entire record as much as the first. I try to keep an open mind to things going on within GN'R and whatever past members are up to. Though I just cannot bring myself to be fair with respect to DJ Ashba™. Whether he deserves it or not, he's just become my personal whipping post lol.

I've posted everywhere from newguns.com ('memba that place??) to newgnr.com, htgth, GNRevo (of course), chinesedemocracy.com, the official GN'R board, paradisecity.com and so on. My user name is always the same everywhere which is just my first name together with "TCB" which is an Elvis Presley reference. I love talking about music from lots of other genres outside of GN'R too so I'm looking forward to digging into My World here as much as I can.

Once again, thanks for the welcome. I'm happy to help out and look forward to working myself in here!

edit-

Just went back and caught the posts about poaching and felt the need to clear that up:

I decided to leave Evo on my own a few months back. I posted here a few times since and a lot of MSL's board. I stopped by here the other day and read through HV's post about getting the site back on track and really liked what he had to say. I sent a PM offering to help and the offer was accepted. Like I said, I just wanted to be clear that it wasn't anything close to a poaching situation.

Edited by russtcb
  • Like 1