A new moderator

highvoltage

Thought I'd stop by this thread to say hello and give everyone some of my background.

As was mentioned, most recently I was a moderator for years then an Admin at GNRevo. Here's my history prior to that:

Like many here, I became a fan from the first time I heard Appetite For Destruction back in 1987. I didn't get to see GN'R live until 1991 down in Toledo. I saw them again with Metallica in '92, then again on their own in '93. I didn't start paying close attention to anything to do with the new line ups until the VMA performance. That was enough to get me to buy tickets for that 02 tour. I liked the way most of the old material was played and really liked the new songs so I kept paying attention. I drove to NYC in 2006 for the first Hammerstein show and have been to several shows around the US during each tour, including A4D in Vegas since.

I consider myself a fan of "Guns N' Roses", not any one member in particular. I've seen Slash several times and had the pleasure of meeting he, Duff and Matt once at a VR show. All 3 were very nice to us (my brother and I) and I very much love that first album. I like parts of Libertad, but just can't get into the entire record as much as the first. I try to keep an open mind to things going on within GN'R and whatever past members are up to. Though I just cannot bring myself to be fair with respect to DJ Ashba. Whether he deserves it or not, he's just become my personal whipping post lol.

I've posted everywhere from newguns.com ('memba that place??) to newgnr.com, htgth, GNRevo (of course), chinesedemocracy.com, the official GN'R board, paradisecity.com and so on. My user name is always the same everywhere which is just my first name together with "TCB" which is an Elvis Presley reference. I love talking about music from lots of other genres outside of GN'R too so I'm looking forward to digging into My World here as much as I can.

Once again, thanks for the welcome. I'm happy to help out and look forward to working myself in here!

edit-

Just went back and caught the posts about poaching and felt the need to clear that up:

I decided to leave Evo on my own a few months back. I posted here a few times since and a lot of MSL's board. I stopped by here the other day and read through HV's post about getting the site back on track and really liked what he had to say. I sent a PM offering to help and the offer was accepted. Like I said, I just wanted to be clear that it wasn't anything close to a poaching situation.

I hope you can bring to this place what you brought to GN'R Evo. That place has not been the same without you.

Ali

So true Evo hasn't been the same without Russ but he chose to leave after getting exactly what he wanted so regardless of what a handful of members there thought about me the site lost two long time contributing members in a matter of weeks because of a guys ego. I don't post much here so whatever. That's all I gotta say. Watch for the power struggle between staff when suddenly a guy doesn't feel he's being respected or publicly praised enough.

Thought I'd stop by this thread to say hello and give everyone some of my background. As was mentioned, most recently I was a moderator for years then an Admin at GNRevo. Here's my history prior to that: Like many here, I became a fan from the first time I heard Appetite For Destruction back in 1987. I didn't get to see GN'R live until 1991 down in Toledo. I saw them again with Metallica in '92, then again on their own in '93. I didn't start paying close attention to anything to do with the new line ups until the VMA performance. That was enough to get me to buy tickets for that 02 tour. I liked the way most of the old material was played and really liked the new songs so I kept paying attention. I drove to NYC in 2006 for the first Hammerstein show and have been to several shows around the US during each tour, including A4D in Vegas since. I consider myself a fan of "Guns N' Roses", not any one member in particular. I've seen Slash several times and had the pleasure of meeting he, Duff and Matt once at a VR show. All 3 were very nice to us (my brother and I) and I very much love that first album. I like parts of Libertad, but just can't get into the entire record as much as the first. I try to keep an open mind to things going on within GN'R and whatever past members are up to. Though I just cannot bring myself to be fair with respect to DJ Ashba. Whether he deserves it or not, he's just become my personal whipping post lol. I've posted everywhere from newguns.com ('memba that place??) to newgnr.com, htgth, GNRevo (of course), chinesedemocracy.com, the official GN'R board, paradisecity.com and so on. My user name is always the same everywhere which is just my first name together with "TCB" which is an Elvis Presley reference. I love talking about music from lots of other genres outside of GN'R too so I'm looking forward to digging into My World here as much as I can. Once again, thanks for the welcome. I'm happy to help out and look forward to working myself in here! edit- Just went back and caught the posts about poaching and felt the need to clear that up:I decided to leave Evo on my own a few months back. I posted here a few times since and a lot of MSL's board. I stopped by here the other day and read through HV's post about getting the site back on track and really liked what he had to say. I sent a PM offering to help and the offer was accepted. Like I said, I just wanted to be clear that it wasn't anything close to a poaching situation.

I hope you can bring to this place what you brought to GN'R Evo. That place has not been the same without you. Ali

So true Evo hasn't been the same without Russ but he chose to leave after getting exactly what he wanted so regardless of what a handful of members there thought about me the site lost two long time contributing members in a matter of weeks because of a guys ego. I don't post much here so whatever. That's all I gotta say. Watch for the power struggle between staff when suddenly a guy doesn't feel he's being respected or publicly praised enough.
Don't be a fucking tart! I'm already loosing respect for far too many people online -- get back posting you whinning Canadian dick!

Miss me? :(

Thought I'd stop by this thread to say hello and give everyone some of my background. As was mentioned, most recently I was a moderator for years then an Admin at GNRevo. Here's my history prior to that: Like many here, I became a fan from the first time I heard Appetite For Destruction back in 1987. I didn't get to see GN'R live until 1991 down in Toledo. I saw them again with Metallica in '92, then again on their own in '93. I didn't start paying close attention to anything to do with the new line ups until the VMA performance. That was enough to get me to buy tickets for that 02 tour. I liked the way most of the old material was played and really liked the new songs so I kept paying attention. I drove to NYC in 2006 for the first Hammerstein show and have been to several shows around the US during each tour, including A4D in Vegas since. I consider myself a fan of "Guns N' Roses", not any one member in particular. I've seen Slash several times and had the pleasure of meeting he, Duff and Matt once at a VR show. All 3 were very nice to us (my brother and I) and I very much love that first album. I like parts of Libertad, but just can't get into the entire record as much as the first. I try to keep an open mind to things going on within GN'R and whatever past members are up to. Though I just cannot bring myself to be fair with respect to DJ Ashba. Whether he deserves it or not, he's just become my personal whipping post lol. I've posted everywhere from newguns.com ('memba that place??) to newgnr.com, htgth, GNRevo (of course), chinesedemocracy.com, the official GN'R board, paradisecity.com and so on. My user name is always the same everywhere which is just my first name together with "TCB" which is an Elvis Presley reference. I love talking about music from lots of other genres outside of GN'R too so I'm looking forward to digging into My World here as much as I can. Once again, thanks for the welcome. I'm happy to help out and look forward to working myself in here! edit- Just went back and caught the posts about poaching and felt the need to clear that up:I decided to leave Evo on my own a few months back. I posted here a few times since and a lot of MSL's board. I stopped by here the other day and read through HV's post about getting the site back on track and really liked what he had to say. I sent a PM offering to help and the offer was accepted. Like I said, I just wanted to be clear that it wasn't anything close to a poaching situation.

I hope you can bring to this place what you brought to GN'R Evo. That place has not been the same without you. Ali
Don't be a fucking tart! I'm already loosing respect for far too many people online -- get back posting you whinning Canadian dick!

Reported.

Reported.

Fuck you!

:) x

• Like 1

Reported.

Fuck you!

:) x

Tee tee Teessider! Tee tee Teessider! Tee tee Teessider! :lol:

It's a pretty odd comment to make, imo. Our current moderating team, I think, strikes a perfect balance: I don't think any of us are fervently pro-Axl or pro-Slash. We all seem to have a pretty clear understanding of how complex the band's history is, the personalities of its bandmembers, etc. I'll defend Axl as quickly as I'll defend Slash, all depending on the context and my opinion. I think that's key. I think if we were "Axlites" we wouldn't have come under fire from certain users for allowing negative opinions, which is what was happening the past few months.

Point being, the current team isn't by default an "Axlite" mentality, but if russ is more of an Axl fan there's really nothing wrong with that, and it could be nice to switch up the dynamics a bit. He's a smart guy; he's not going to be banning people from praising Slash, nor do I think any opinion he may have will affect his strengths as a moderator. His strong reputation he carries with him from GNREvo forum attests to that. I'm glad to have him on board. :)

Have you ever read a post by Kicking The Habit? Like, ANY of them?

It's a pretty odd comment to make, imo. Our current moderating team, I think, strikes a perfect balance: I don't think any of us are fervently pro-Axl or pro-Slash. We all seem to have a pretty clear understanding of how complex the band's history is, the personalities of its bandmembers, etc. I'll defend Axl as quickly as I'll defend Slash, all depending on the context and my opinion. I think that's key. I think if we were "Axlites" we wouldn't have come under fire from certain users for allowing negative opinions, which is what was happening the past few months.

Point being, the current team isn't by default an "Axlite" mentality, but if russ is more of an Axl fan there's really nothing wrong with that, and it could be nice to switch up the dynamics a bit. He's a smart guy; he's not going to be banning people from praising Slash, nor do I think any opinion he may have will affect his strengths as a moderator. His strong reputation he carries with him from GNREvo forum attests to that. I'm glad to have him on board. :)

Have you ever read a post by Kicking The Habit? Like, ANY of them?

Okay, so he's the only one of us who can read a thesaurus. What about it? :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hi Russ

I read Evo a little and liked it. The forum was alt, but a lot more grown up that other places.

I see it is down now. I hope your Chinese Whispers thing has not disappeared. Although not an official document, it is a record of what the fans saw, read and believed over many years, and as such, should be kept on the internet for reference

Good luck with you new position here

• 2 weeks later...

I understand that Evo will be back soon, I think it's still up via a temp URL. If anyone knows it they can post it here.

Temporary url for evo is: http://www.tietosuus.fi/gnrevolution/forums.php

I'm told the proper domain will be back shortly. (soon is the word!)

Russ and I had a couple of disputes back at Evo, but there's no doubt he loves GNR and brings a lot to the communities he gets involved with.

Off topic, I'm somewhat new here, checked it out while evo was down, but looking around this looks like a great active place.