Would you miss CD songs from a reunion tour?

Carburetta

I think I would. Street of Dreams and Madagascar really, maybe Better at a push. They have a slightly more modern sound to them and think they'd be missed from the set list. They have been complete staples for 12 years. I think Axl would probably miss them too. Honestly the longer Axl goes on with this line up the harder becomes to reunite with the old guys. The best I think we can now hope for is CD II and continued touring.

I think a reunion tour would have to come with new music for it to receive my full backing.

I don't think I'd like a return to the UYI tour set list as in alot of ways it's now better. I don't think I'd bring back a So fine, Pretty tied up or Bad Obsession at the expense of an Appetite cut, these songs featured pretty heavily back in the old sets.

Also this line up arguably play the old stuff better so that would also be a consideration.

It's not like we're getting an abundance of Chinese Democracy material as it is.

But of course I wouldn't like to see Slash butcher TWAT. :lol:

I think I would. Street of Dreams and Madagascar really, maybe Better at a push. They have a slightly more modern sound to them and think they'd be missed from the set list. They have been complete staples for 12 years. I think Axl would probably miss them too. Honestly the longer Axl goes on with this line up the harder becomes to reunite with the old guys. The best I think we can now hope for is CD II and continued touring.

I think a reunion tour would have to come with new music for it to receive my full backing.

I don't think I'd like a return to the UYI tour set list as in alot of ways it's now better. I don't think I'd bring back a So fine, Pretty tied up or Bad Obsession at the expense of an Appetite cut, these songs featured pretty heavily back in the old sets.

Also this line up arguably play the old stuff better so that would also be a consideration.

Definatively absolutely NOT. Two different eras and two completely different bands. Just as I think that the heavy duty reliance on legacy GNR material by post 95 Axl veers into shamville too quickly. Given the ubsurb amount of time and the material that was rumoured to have been produced that BY now this band could be flying on thier own merits and material without the reliance of famous GNR.

It's not like we're getting an abundance of Chinese Democracy material as it is.

But of course I wouldn't like to see Slash butcher TWAT. :lol:

Why? You don't mind when axl butchers it?

An although I love Chinese democracy songs, I'd obv take a reunion over the 4 or 5 cd songs they play.

I think they would actually play some of the more popular CD songs, as they would play some of the more popular VR songs, etc.

Then you're dreaming if you think Axl will play anything that doesn't have GNR's name on and Slash will play anything he didn't record on. Even though I do think that would be a great idea. Axl would never play VR material.

I just think it would be like going back in time. Theyd play more illusions and Lies. I dont think they have the intensity to play CD songs that way. Maybe TIL or The Blues but they rather do Mama Kin and Bad obsession?

Personally i went to GNR show for CD songs. im a little bored of Easy n Brownstone. But they played ITW and that got my attention, then TWAT, Better, Shacklers, TIL kept it fresh.

Edited by wasted

I'd like them so include This I Love, Catcher In The Rye & There Was A Time because they sound like Guns N' Roses & I think that the original guys could do them great justice. Something like this:

Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone
It's So Easy
There Was A Time
Live And Let Die
This I Love
Dust N' Bones
Double Talkin' Jive
Civil War

Patience
Catcher In The Rye
You Could Be Mine