Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

Its better than anything off of ChiDem, imo.

Sunny, you've let too much sun sizzle your senses.

Say what you want about the songs being overly bloated and pompous, but Better, The Blues, CITR, and TWAT (despite some admittedly major production misfires) are all top-shelf material.

They definitely percolated and over-baked WAAAY too long, but the melodies hold firm.

Edited by oneway23

Its better than anything off of ChiDem, imo.

I was just thinking that.

Still, this song is just mediocre.

But it's better than the garbage album they put out.

Why are you on a GNR forum? You don't strike me as an old or new GNR fan.

I used to be a huge GNR fan. Grew out of it, but I stick around because I want Axl to succeed.

He's just really bad at succeeding.

Oh, and I like Izzy. Izzy is my hooray for tolerance!.

You can say all you want about this tune. Not GNR, is GNR. Fuck it, a great song is a great song and this is a great song.

A song by Axl and the rest of the guys, what more do you want?

Love the guitar work too, good job to Bumble and the rest of them rock3

• Like 1

So because it's a good rocker you think Izzy is behind it? Haha you guys really have faith on NuGNR.

naw, i do have faith... reason i think izzy had something to do with it is because of his latest interview (if you wanna call it that) which was never comfirmed to be a fake... he said he wrote stuff with axl, then we get the most oldschool sounding gnr track since the illusions... too much of a coincidence for me... im sure tommy had a part in writting this too... he probably worte the bass line and he probably co-wrote the lyrics with axl... im going with izzy for the guitar though... just my opinion, could be wrong

Cool song. Sounds pretty good.

Axl's backing vocals are a plus. Gives it a little boost.

But some of you are a little starved for music I think.

Classic GnR? Sure, in terms of any band out there trying to do some old fashion simple rock n roll. This isn't GnR recapturing their old sound. Some of you forget that DJ and BBF weren't in the band that created the classic GnR sound. Maybe if Axl sang lead, but he doesn't. At best, you can say this sounds like some of the old Izzy stuff.

Some people say an official release of this would be a hit? Not in a million years. Especially if it is marketed as a GnR song.

To me, this is more like a "side project" of the band that is currently called GnR. Without Axl on vocals..........it might be "GnR' - but only in terms of it being the name of the band.

AS for all these leaks.

It's cool to hear some new stuff.

But remixes and remakes of old songs and a song that has vocals from a band member who isn't Axl..........not to be negative, but people are really freaking out about this?

Let me know when there is a leak of an actual new GnR song.

• Like 1